Guest Red Dragon

bish's gone off line :rofl:

anyone eles got a bit ov knowlage on this,please?? :wink: :doh::notworthy:

I dont know what more can be said ....

M8

NSS :blub:

Edited by nightscentedstock

big "THANKS " OT :blub:

yeah m8,tis was the seedling's i was asking about :doh: ,got no cutting's m8 ,just seedling's :rofl:

ill have a look at that now :rofl: thanks OT dude :notworthy:

just couldnt understand why it's diffrent for cutting's than seed's m8 :wink:

cheer's dude :rofl:

big "THANKS " OT ;)

yeah m8,tis was the seedling's i was asking about :yinyang: ,got no cutting's m8 ,just seedling's ;)

ill have a look at that now ;) thanks OT dude ;)

just couldnt understand why it's diffrent for cutting's than seed's m8 :wink:

cheer's dude ;)

Sorry I don’t have much time at the moment, I’m only around 7 to 10 days a month at the mo.

To try and put the subject into perspective. The BioBizz feeding chart is about pushing plants to their limit, its about maximum yield, its about production with clones. Personally I do not agree with them.

Now IMHO maximum yield does not mean the best quality end product. I personally prefer a more gentle approach, less as they often say, can be more. I use less light than most per sq ft and lower levels of fertilisation as well as different npk ratios, this may give slightly lower final yields, but much sweeter smelling and tasting buds. ie dried bud without high residual levels of phosphorous but good reserves of potash, burn very cleanly, the ash is nearly pure white.

The other difference is seedlings are better with a longer maturity time before flowered, where as a cutting only need to be rooted through its final pot before flowering, even with cutting I use the same method. Many have tried it and found the methodology good.

Sorry I don’t have much time at the moment, I’m only around 7 to 10 days a month at the mo.
:(

no problem OT m8 ;)

this may give slightly lower final yields, but much sweeter smelling and tasting buds

;) i'v alway's said,if my yeilds are big the smoke is not as sweet as the smaller yeild ;)

The other difference is seedlings are better with a longer maturity time before flowered, where as a cutting only need to be rooted through its final pot before flowering, even with cutting I use the same method. Many have tried it and found the methodology good.

;) thanks OT dude,i think you'v cleared a few thing's up for me wot might ov been my next Q's ;)

thanks a lot for you time my freind :wink:

ya sound dude :yinyang:;)

Don't really understand this recent confusion over seedlings. Afaic I dont feed them at all in the first few weeks, if they then stay in fertile compost when potted on (eg Biobizz All-mix) then I dont feed them at all during all of veg, I find All-mix has enough.

I think one of the things you were asking L NIN, is 'do seedlings need different feeding regime in flower to plants started as cuttings'? am I right? :spliff:

I would say no... for me a maturing plant in flower needs feeding, makes no difference whether it came from seed or cutting.

Just follow the OT1 methodology and you'll be fine, Ive been using it and saved myself a small fortune on feeds (thanks OT1, I find Im not needing the full BB suite, Just Grow, Bloom & Epsom + a few additives :wink: )

But bear in mind what Bish and OT1 and many others are saying: These 'schedules' are just guides to feeding. It's more important to understand what your plant needs, and what the signs mean, rather than rigidly stick to a feeding programme.

Now to prove my noobness:

I am a little unsure as to how to replace my alg-a-miq (I used regularly @1ml/L or so in veg n flower with good results on vigour and health) with maxicrop.. not sure if I am over/under doing it:

Ive used it in veg at low levels in foliar spray :spliff:

Ive added it to feed water on occaisions at half whatever the max for mature plants is on the bottle :yahoo:

anyone? ;)

:yahoo:

SS

I am a little unsure as to how to replace my alg-a-miq (I used regularly @1ml/L or so in veg n flower with good results on vigour and health) with maxicrop.. not sure if I am over/under doing it:

Ive used it in veg at low levels in foliar spray :wink:

Ive added it to feed water on occaisions at half whatever the max for mature plants is on the bottle

If it works for your plants....Don't try to fix what ain't broke mate ;)

I've never used Alg before but have used fish mix, nitrozyme & maxicrop as foliar applications during veg with good results. I tend not to water in with the latter two, but foliar misting at lights out definitely gives them a boost in the right place & they thank you for it :spliff:

If it works for your plants....Don't try to fix what ain't broke mate :rofl:

well :) I was asking' cos it aint been working tbh :rofl: the changeover from problem free total BB use, to substituting Epsom & Maxicrop came at the same time as a pretty horrendous bout of Leaf Spot Fungus :rofl: . I'm pretty certain now that poor hygiene & winter temp/humidity issues caused that tho, just wanted to double check my Maxicrop use...

...I tend not to water in with the latter two, but foliar misting at lights out definitely gives them a boost in the right place & they thank you for it :D

I think I'll try restricting Maxicrop use to foliar application in veg, and not use it for watering in. It will be more costeffective if it does the job. Thank you for your reply Bish :rofl:

:rofl:

SS

Thank God for that!

:rofl::rofl: you cheeky bugger,BISH :rofl::D

I think one of the things you were asking L NIN, is 'do seedlings need different feeding regime in flower to plants started as cuttings'? am I right?

your 100% right my freind :):rofl::rofl:

& nice 1 for that SeNsI-SaMuRaI dude

gud luk with your's to m8 ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Oldtimer, i have read your advice on when to start using the nutes, and i know that you must know your stuff.... I see that you mention dont use any nutes until it goes to 12/12.... i found this out last year- i was previously going by the bio bizz officaial crappy schedule, and my plants kept getting nute burn, which i diagnosed as defficiency cos i was following the schedule to the tee, and hence i fed even more..... yep, lots of crops ruined and time wasted.

Anyways my question is:

when and what kind of quantities of Root Juice, Alg-A-Mic and Topmax should i use??? I also have the grow and bloom, superthrive and epsom salts.

I will be sticking to what you have mentioned earlier, any chance you could expand on this to show the other bio bizz products??

Once you are on 12/12 start feeding 1 ml of both grow and bloom to a litre of water.

At about week 2 of flowering change the mix to 1 ml grow and 2 ml bloom per litre.

At week 3 [21 days] a one off feed of a heaped table spoon of epsom salts per 10 litres add to that 1 ml of grow and 2 ml of bloom.

Round the 4 week mark, the mix is 1ml gr and 3 ml bl.

Once you start to see browning of pistils change to 2 ml gr and 1 ml bl keep with that till the end.

Any help or advice appreciated,

thanks.

Edited by gaz_0001

I'm not sure how many times we'll have to say this, but i'll say it again to you gaz. Ot's info was specific to the OP's question.

The Bio Bizz feeding schedule is for using BB feeds in conjunction with Allmix, & even then it should only be used a guide!

Personally (& this is only my opinion), i wouldn't waste my time, plants or money on Algamic, Superthrive, Topmax, or even their new fangled Heaven - there's really no need to be faffing around adding all that crap!

Grow, Bloom & Fish are all that's really needed.

Let your plants tell you what they need don't - learn from that as that is the way to successful indoor gardening.