Bio-bizz Schedule

Guest Red Dragon

Very useful thread for organic growers, thank you very much everyone!

Im just in the process of building a fitted wardrobe in my room for my next grow and will be going organic route as before I used coco

I will be using the BioBizz line and following OT1's guide

Thanks again

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 26/06/2014 at 10:59 AM, BalooCheese said:

Brilliant thanks dirtyhabits and thanks ot1 for a guide newby like me can understand

Use it as a guide, don’t just stick to it blindly! You need to learn your plants needs to beat understand what’s best. Try it out for yourself but keep on top of what your doing, less is more! 

• 2 months later...
On 30/11/2018 at 7:04 PM, uBercaMeL said:

I'm pretty sure that when ot1 wrote this guide grow had an npk of 8-2-6 (it's now 4-3-6) so you might need ~2ml grow to keep em green throughout (and at least I found I did).

Yep totally strain specific and like most nutes ratios change and can have huge implications.

never got on with the grow. Followed the guide and things went yellow upd it and no improvements. Didn’t realise at the time that the ratios had changed from ot1 original post.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 2/24/2004 at 5:44 AM, oldtimer1 said:

The BioBizz chart is for rooted cuttings not seedlings.

The optimum ph of the compost for maintaining health and growth is 6 to 6.8. It is much harder for the compost to buffer up than to buffer down.

I don't know how many time I have to say this, if you do ph down not below 6! You will mess up the micro flora and if not very careful ruin the compost..

In answer to your Q's Mr Dragon your programme vis 3 inch to 6 inch to 11 litre is fine. But for the 3 inch pots use half and half allmix and perlite.

As soon as the rootball is netted with fine roots move them to your 6 inch pots and neat allmix.

Same story for the move to the final pots. Once in the final pots let them root out the soil ball before flowering, as a general rule of thumb once all the plants are showing roots at the drainage holes. Go to 12/12.

You should not need any feed right through these stages. Once you are on 12/12 start feeding 1 ml of both grow and bloom to a litre of water.

At about week 2 of flowering change the mix to 1 ml grow and 2 ml bloom per litre.

At week 3 [21 days] a one off feed of a heaped table spoon of epsom salts per 10 litres add to that 1 ml of grow and 2 ml of bloom.

Round the 4 week mark, the mix is 1ml gr and 3 ml bl.

Once you start to see browning of pistils change to 2 ml gr and 1 ml bl keep with that till the end.

All you really need is grow and bloom + a little epsom salts.

Does this make sense?

An added point, if you see the tissue between the veins on the lower leaves turning a lighter green at any point its likly the first signs of Mg shortage starting an addition of a little epsom salts to the next feed should keep things right. Don’t over do this or else you can lock out other nutrients.

Being a puter man you will love this, I just spent an hr or more trying to find out why my new fire wire drive just would not mount on the desk top. I reinstalled all the extentions/drivers nadt. Then it occored to me it might work if I plugged the firewire cable in. Ot "good with plants shit with computers"

Do you still recommend this Oldtimer?

First time I've read anywhere to up the grow and down the bloom in the last weeks but I guess it makes sense, considering it's just molasses. Would this apply when growing in living soil also? Coots mix to be precise!

Unfortunately Oldtimer passed away last year :( 

If this technique has been recommended by the great man,

then you can go by it :yep:

Also Biobizz isn't quite the same formulation as when the quoted post was made afaik.

Check out Intense Nutrients Organix,

that's a few of us on here use.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

I still use the OT chart have done for years, just upping the bloom as it goes through flower and decreasing it. Looking at the plants . I haven’t noticed a change in formulation wasn’t that plant magic nutrients?

What a great gift OT gave us here. Not having to work this out is really convenient, I don’t think I would of ever done it

RIP @oldtimer1 

Edited by Davey Jones
  • Like 3

Wow really that's sad to hear that! I remember him from many years ago and pretty sure it was a lot of his posts I used to guide my first grows in the uk 20 year ago or so! Also using bio bizz. Thanks for that recommendation also, will check it out. 

Incidentally I was watching some videos earlier and a commercial grower was saying to be careful of kelp. If you use it late in flower it can promote airy buds so to ease off it at the end, exactly what old-timer recommended as I'm sure he knows kelp is the major ingredient of Bio blooms Bloom. 

• Like 1