Bio-bizz Schedule

Guest Red Dragon

Blimey, everyone is growing in soil all of a sudden.

Even me!

Yep, I have decided to see what the difference is (purely for academic reasons you understand), and so my trusty NFT table has gone in the shed, and I now have 10 5 litre pots of Allmix sat in my grow area, with a nice selection of plants (NL5xHaze, Blueberry, Black Dominia and SP2).

Will be interesting to see hows yours comes on RD.

Gotta admit though, it feels somehow.....wrong, not making up my usual mad scientist mix for hydro :spliff:

Gotta admit though, it feels somehow.....wrong, not making up my usual mad scientist mix for hydro :smoke:

You know it ! Stop! Think about what your doing man!!!

Not MUD! :ouch:

You'll get withdrawals i tell ya!

:spliff:

Its alright mate. It will probably go badly tits up, and cos its mud I won't be able to adjust things to sort it properly.

And I will end up with a couple of ounces of airy fluff from the kilowatt of power I chuck at it........and will then go back to my beloved NFT table, with a big smug expression on my face :spliff:

And I will end up with a couple of ounces of airy fluff from the kilowatt of power I chuck at it........and will then go back to my beloved NFT table, with a big smug expression on my face :spliff:

or not :smoke:

Guest Red Dragon

mornin' all, (bloody hell...lots going on in here)!

I use Bio-bizz grow and bloom but made the mistake of feeding to early, remember you have about 2 weeks after repotting without the need to add the nutes.

Yup...saw that in your gro-diary fella! The info has been logged and stored for future reference!

Also get yourself some citric acid and cheap Ph test kit. You can get the citric acid from Wilkinsons in the brewers section, its about 60p.

Well as for the Ph kit.......I'm a scientist remember? I got wands for this, pens for that and truncheons for a bit o' the other, (ask EO lol )! But the citric is a good tip mate. Cheers. Been wondering where to get it as I have been using vinegar for my NFT table, (but I found the CANNA nutes made me chips soggy, and my moustache has started stretching for the light :unsure:).

Does this make sense?

Crashingly good sense...thanks OT1, (I have been informed that tomorrow.....I will print your post)!

Being a puter man you will love this, I just spent an hr or more trying to find out why my new fire wire drive just would not mount on the desk top. I reinstalled all the extentions/drivers nadt. Then it occored to me it might work if I plugged the firewire cable in. Ot "good with plants shit with computers"

Ok listen.....I'll say this once more, make sure the device is plugged in before attempting to use firewire :smoke:, (I'm sure I posted this somewhere else recently....does anyone listen??) :bag:

Gotta admit though, it feels somehow.....wrong, not making up my usual mad scientist mix for hydro

Well rest assured fella, until you see some of this "organic" feedstuff you ain't seen "mad scientist mix's"!

F'rinstance, 'er indoors decides she wants some of this organic stuff, so sends me off to buy some. Local grow shop only stocks Earth Juice, but as I am assured it is totally organic, cash changes hands and home I go to help feed the plants.

Now the bottle reads "Shake well before use"! Shake well?? I shook the bloody thing for 10 minutes and we still had to offer the plants "one lump, or two"? ....and smell?? Like an old pig farm it is!

Best part is this......it's recommended for hydro too? My pump wouldn't last 2 minutes with this sludge. Passive/manual feeding.... maybe?

So Bio-Bizz it is then!

Ok, now another problem I have......due to the "logistics" of the situation I am not going to be able to get to Togs, to buy me bits & pieces, (my truck does 6 to the gallon and an extra 40-50 mile round trip just won't wash with the "powers that be", and adding a tenner postage to a bag of soil costing around a tenner makes it a somewhat expensive proposition, (nothing to do with Togs I hasten to add...postage is postage), so with this in mind does anyone know of an All-Mix/Bio-Bizz supplier within around 40 miles of the Severn Bridge?

If they sell envirolites as well then all the better. An assortment of good sized, square pots would make the journey almost a pleasure.

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks all. I'm really looking forward to getting this grow up and running, although not having "stuff" to adjust is going to be a little strange. Maybe I'll get a meccano set for the duration.

Seed germing day tomorrow, (when I can decide which seeds to germ of course)!

Peace.

RD

I have the same question as UglyBudly but using peat moss and perlite with 1 week of veg.

let me know if this seems acceptable:

9 days rooting and hardening off

1 week of veg under 175 watt MH in peatmoss/perlite mix,in final pot size using 1ml grow and 1ml bloom

9 weeks of bloom following the grow schedule for light mix

does light mix have any nutrients?

what problems did OT1 have with Alg a mic? is there a link?

thanks everyone

I really can't see peat and perlite being a satisfactory mix at all - you need a complete compost, even if you are feeding them lovely organic food. If you can't get Allmix, you could use J.Arthur Bowers New Horizon peat free compost, perhaps with a small dash of perlite B)

As to how organic biobizz is, my understanding is that it is made from organic components, and is at the moment awaiting various international classifications as organic - its about the cleanest organic feed you can get, it just doesn't have all its bits of paper pedigree! :!:

RD, there is a small hydro shop in central bristol called Karma that opened not long back, and they stock BioBizz.

I have their number at home somewhere, so you can phone em up. If you call b4 u go, they should be able to get the other stuff you want as well, as long as you give em a day or so

Popped in there a couple of times, and they seem sound enough

you could use J.Arthur Bowers New Horizon peat free compost, perhaps with a small dash of perlite B)

Is J.Arthur Bowers stuff organic ?

If it is and its anything like the Westlands Organic Peat Reduced Compost, it will be mostly rotted wood chippings , adding perlite will just make your water and nutes drain straight through the pot even quicker than it does without.

the j arthur bowers new horizon is organic, and I believe wood based - I've used it with about 10% perlite, and its worked well (grew a prize bud!) - the only disadvantage I've found is sodding fruit flies! :)

thing that gets me is why bio bizz is in the organic section since it is biological , and not 100% organic

Sorry where do you get the idea that the Biobizz products are not not 100% organic?

They comply in every way with ukrofs and in fact are better than in most cases, but they have not had their products registered with a uk inspection body such as the soil association yet.

They would not comply with the soil association standards for compost as they use peat and perlite in their composts. But all their fertilisers would. They could well get organic approve on all their products with an other uk organic inspection body such as organic growers and farmers for instance.

In Europe biological or bio is an unofficial term used for products that are a hybrid of chemical and organic products, ie they pretend to be organic. No Biobizz products have any chemical fertilisers in their make up, every thing is naturally derived. They have organic approve on all their products with nearly every organic inspection body in every country in Europe.

So where ever you got the information that Biobizz products are not organic is wrong. The only people I have ever seen mention this before are growell, they have been told the info is wrong in the past and never bothered to correct it.

• Like 1

Ub in answer to your Q about flowering direct from a small clone, really plants in compost do better rooting out in consecutive pots in stages.

If you do want to flower small clones as soon as they are rooted, its best to use smallish pots like a 6 inch sq as a tight sog, even so it will never fully root out the compost if flowered as soon as its planted.

Worm has all the element macros and micros in it, not just N. Allmix is a balanced compost. Plants flower just fine with all the elements, its really not a problem in compost or in soil outside. Garden soil has masses of NPK reserves enough for years of growing, with compost the reserves do get depleted, as they decline you compensate by adding liquid feed when you water, this feeds the plants and the micro flora.

I don't really understand what you want to do.

As soon as the rootball is netted with fine roots move them to your 6 inch pots and neat allmix.

Same story for the move to the final pots. Once in the final pots let them root out the soil ball before flowering, as a general rule of thumb once all the plants are showing roots at the drainage holes. Go to 12/12.

You should not need any feed right through these stages. Once you are on 12/12 start feeding 1 ml of both grow and bloom to a litre of water.

At about week 2 of flowering change the mix to 1 ml grow and 2 ml bloom per litre.

At week 3 [21 days] a one off feed of a heaped table spoon of epsom salts per 10 litres add to that 1 ml of bloom and 2 ml of bloom.

Round the 4 week mark, the mix is 1ml gr and 3 ml bl.

Once you start to see browning of pistils change to 2 ml gr and 1 ml bl keep with that till the end.

All you really need is grow and bloom + a little epsom salts.

Did you miss this post UB?

What about near the end of flowering with the bio-biz any need to just water or would that be a waste of time .I aggree there is nothing to flush out as Ive told my friend time and time again and thats why so many just water for an extended period when using salts or hydro and it seems by the chart that feeding is up to the last day,but he wanted me to ask lol??? Gmyst