Outdoor Strains Uk

yossman

Guest Nunsacred

Strain/breeder: Royal Dane/Jamil x Purpurea Ticinensis

Harvest time: 12, 19th October (& cheeky 1st November tidy up)

Latitude of grow: 52N

Average yield: 193g (big plant)

Mould: 20% problematic; forced an early harvest

Potency: 80%

Year of grow: 2011

Grow again: Yes, sister phenotypes could be awesome

Strange plant, was freaky ducksfoot phenotype at young age, then recovered and gave massive vigorous growth.

Smells quite fruity now, sweetshop but also tangy.

Lovely to vape, really thick, biting draw and straightforward, heavy hit.

Also has a sour smell, like carbonated water, which seems to be converting to fruitiness as it cures :D

Some strong beef gravy smells from the vaped bud between hits, lol, makes a really filthy smell in the room. Beefy egg.

Potency is high and it’s got a strong body stone too. Sensation of slowly spinning backwards inside my skull.

A great sledgehammer, but lacks fine edges/class.

• Like 2

Guest Nunsacred

Strain/breeder: Agent Orange/Catalyst x Early Wonder Skunk

“Wizard’s Sleeve” (Anon)

Harvest time: 13th October

Average yield: 178g :)

Mould: <1%

Potency: 75%

Grow again: Yes, trying to keep clone going over winter

Big yield of top quality indica bud.

If I try to put the plants in order for yield, flavour, buzz, etc, and see which one comes top as an overall metric count, it’s this one.

Initial impression of smell/taste : sweet soda drink, carbonated water, like Dr. Pepper’s or something similar.

This seems to be converting to mandarin / sweet citrus taste as it cures, and yet it still doesn’t really have those tastes as much as carbon dioxide! It did smell more like floor polish but it’s mellowed a bit.

It’s sort of hashy, a pleasure to vape and makes the room smell like a nice sort of weed, but it tastes more like a medicinal.

The hit is great. It has a rapid, potent calming buzz which is excellent. It feels so professional, somehow, I don’t know how to express it but it’s smooth, smoother than smooth. Soft, strong & classy, with minimal confusion or knockout.

Whereas other potent plants can remove me from the scene, fully or partially, this one doesn’t, so it can’t score higher than 75%, yet really it deserves 85% because it’s that satisfying.

• Like 1

oh go on then

Strain/breeder:biddy early / magnus

Harvest time: first week oct

Location: 11 litre pots of levingtons grown organically except for a splash of boost

Average yield: 224g+ on a 2 foot tall 3 foot wide plant

Mould: none

Potency:6/10

Year of grow: 2007

Grow again: no , not strong enough , great smell control and a bazzillion 1 gram bud sites made for a very good yeild but theres simply better out there and ive a lot of seed , ideal for the first timer and if your after numbers you cant go wrong , so many strains ,,, so little time

• Like 5

Guest Nunsacred

Strain/breeder: Lebcheese (Leb #27 x Exodus Cheese)

Harvest time: 16th September & 24th October

Average yield: 57g average from the two I grew in 2011

Mould: <1%

Potency: 75 - 94%

Year of grow: 2010, 2011

Grow again: Yes, trying to keep LC#2 clone going again

This year’s LC#2 clone had more stems, thinner, leafier colas and got left to ripen longer on the plant than in 2010 ( best plant in my grow last year ).

The result is some very, very nice bud with hidden depths. Sweet and floral, exotic, like a Hindu Temple and night blossoms, with a subtle edge of something sour and dirty - a welcome return.

Buzz is definitely more trippy than last year’s batch. I expected more couchlock but somehow it’s gone the other way....though it’s still relaxing, it caused me some intense visuals the other night when I tried to sleep on it. I went to bed just 5 minutes after huffing a second bag of it, thinking it would take me down to sleep nicely, but it kept me awake for about 30minutes, following patterns and lunatic cartoons on the inside of my eyelids.

LC#5 is also very special but unfortunately the clones didn’t root.

The calyxes and buds themselves are very small and delicate but the cola looked fat and heavy on the plant - obviously an illusion - this plant only yielded 36g dry.

During early cure, all the lovely smells disappeared, but now things are starting to wake up. It was like the roast chicken phenotype, but now smells like lime in the jar. Freshly crumbled bud has some heavenly smells, though it’s still quite subtle, which is weird because it really stank when fresh.

Potency is immense. This one is a complete rugby tackle, that turbulent, rushy hit at a tremendous strength, exactly what I’d expect from a plant that originally smelled so good.....it’s not the trippy calm of LC#2, this is a funny, physical ride, with a strong, stupefying hit. :stoned:

• Like 2

Strain/breeder: Swiss Cheese by Nirvana

Harvest time: Mid Oct

Average yield: 28g of cured bud (smallish plant)

Mould: 20-30%

Potency: 7/10

Grow again: Yes, although there was a fair bit of mould i just love its indica stone and the smell

• Like 2

Strain/breeder: KC Mango by KC brains

Harvest time: mid/late Oct

Average yield: 28g of cured bud (smallish plant)

Mould: <5%

Potency: 7/10

Grow again: Yes, it works as a brilliant pain killer for me without the couch lock. Also works well at parties for me and friends.

• Like 5

Strain/breeder: KC 36 by KC brains

Harvest time: Early/Mid Oct

Average yield: 40g of cured bud (medium size plant)

Mould: <5%

Potency: 6/10

Grow again: yup, this was a favorite of my friends. We're still able to do things after a smoke, it doesn't put us into that stoned stupor. Had a lovely pheono that smelt like apricot yoghurt, the others didn't smell anywhere near as nice.

• Like 5

Strain - Smellyberry

Breeder - UGORG

Year of G - 2011

Latitude - 51*

Location/soil - Urban wasteland in thorny jungle, compacted sandy soil, ammended with organic compost and bat guano.

Plant Date - Just a test clone planted early August.

Harvest Date - 27th Oct (but was a week early).

Average Yield - Didn't weigh but less than 1 oz, only a small plant.

Average Height - 2 foot

Mould - tiny spot of powdery mildew but no mould.

Potency - 8-10, pokey stuff.

Smell - fairly mild when growing, I was expecting a stinker. Took a month in the jars to bring out the berryness.

Taste - This is the tastiest outdoor bud I've grown, the classic blueberry muffin but with some outdoor extra zing.

Grow again - Yes, 100%.

Comments - I wasn't expecting this to survive but despite a soaking of dew every morning she done well.

Planted in a sunny spot earlier in the year and this could have been amazing. Fingers crossed for next year. :skin_up:

post-52842-0-02871700-1324066898_thumb.jpg

post-52842-0-66147900-1324066915_thumb.jpg

post-52842-0-98262400-1324066927_thumb.jpg

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Strain/Breeder - Frisian Dew by Dutch Passion

Year grown - 2011

Latitude 52

Location/Soil - In pots in sheltered woodland clearing, lots of surrounding bushes

Plant date - in pots in the garden early May

Harvest date - end of first week of October, wet weather influenced decision!

Average yield - 1.5 ounces from two plants, this is estimated

Mould - stem rot began on the green pheno, no signs of bud or leaf mould on either plant.

Potency - hmm...green pheno was excellent, full on skunky feeling but it wasn't for me, it's too much, 7.5/10 for the green pheno. Purple pheno...a more gentle high, nothing like the green, but it's a cold, dull high that doesn't exactly blow yer head off, it may work for some, 6/10.

Smell - green pheno stunk, purple barely smelt at all.

Taste - Green pheno was the usual skunky taste, purple has no taste at all.

Grow again - not for me.

Comments - the mould resistance, vigour, hardiness, all of that is excellent. However, only the green pheno is worth having in my opinion, and for me the skunky type strains aren't my cup of tea. The purple pheno was a big disappointment.

• Like 3

Guest bud_boi

Strain/Breeder - White Label - Skunk #1

Year grown - 2011

Latitude 52

Location/Soil - In a sheltered woodland clearing, lots of surrounding bramble bushes

Plant date - End of June

Harvest date - End of October

Average yield - 4 ounces on 2 plants

Mould - No Mould what so ever, was very happy with this, i was expecting more/

Potency - Easily 8/10 after a good cure

Smell - Smelt soooo skunky when growing and in the jars.. massive bad appeal, rock hard nugs.

Taste - Tasted better than the indoor sk1 ive tasted soo tasty, skunky with earthy undertones

Grow again - Yes 200%

Comments - the mould resistance was amazing, was in a sheltered plot though with very good air circulation. The buds were rock hard just what i like with my homegrown, would recommend highly.

• Like 3

Strain - Frisian Dew

Breeder - Dutch passion

Year of G - 2011

Latitude - 51*

Location/soil - Urban wasteland in thorny jungle, compacted sandy soil, ammended with organic compost and bat guano.

Plant Date - sprouted seeds late May then planted out early July.

Harvest Date - Purple pheno 6th Oct but it was a week or so early,then the Green on 20th.

Average Yield - much less than I was expecting after seeing big buds, Purple 1-2oz Green slightly more.

Average Height - 6 foot, even with a late plant.

Mould - Purple clear, Green a few very small patches.

Potency - Purple 5/10 Green 7/10 it's not the most exciting high, but again the Green phenos the one.

Smell - Purple - playdough with a hint of fruit, errr. Green the faintest hint of Superskunk, Ok at best.

Taste - Purple - more fruity but not great, was better fresh. Green as per smell.

Grow again - no,not for me.

Comments - I feel just the same as Willowisp. I did keep a cut of the Green but it autoflowered and died soon after.

Shame as it looked the keeper of the season. This is a classic oldskool outdoor Purple cross, nothing more.

post-52842-0-29407800-1324232294_thumb.jpg All show, no go.

post-52842-0-73637700-1324232275_thumb.jpg Fat as a babies leg and twice as long.

:smokin:

• Like 4

Strain: Purple Maroc from Female Seeds

Harvest time: cropped 10th October - 26th October

Latitude of grow: 51

Average yield: I dont weigh my crops but I filled over 3 large (2litre?) Kilner jars

Mould: Few tiny bits here and there but nothing significant

Potency: Good

Grow again: Yes, 100%, easy to grow, even easier to smoke

gallery_52254_3461_31643.jpg

• Like 14

• 3 weeks later...

Strain: Danish Sativa x Royal Dane

Breeder: Trade from grower in Denmark, personal cross.

Reg/Fem seeds: Reg

Latitude of grow: 52

Site/Soil Type: Guerilla/Hard soil with clay, large stones.

Flowering date: 1st showing of female flowers was the end of July.

Weeks in flower: 9 weeks.

Harvest date: End of September.

Yield: Low due to poor soil.

Mold: Only a spec.

Taste/Smell: Smells slightly of baby sick with a hint of fruitiness to spice things up a bit.

Potency/Type of stone: The smoke is easy to inhale with just a little throat tickle. The high is typical Sativa with a racing heart, flushing cheeks, melting face effect that works its way in to the chest. This smoke test was done via a Vaporiser, the best way to smoke slightly seeded bud.

Grow again: Yes, I'll be trying this cross out next season as the Early Maroc is pretty strong stuff too, it put a friend of mine on his arse.

post-19819-0-05930600-1326048706_thumb.jpg

post-19819-0-52951900-1326048707_thumb.jpg

post-19819-0-88152900-1326048708_thumb.jpg

post-19819-0-44197200-1326048711_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Strain: LA Confidential x Skunk (DNA Seeds) x Danish Gold (HFH seeds)

Breeder: A personal cross of mine, seeds were made in 2010.

Reg/Fem seeds: Reg

Latitude of grow: 52

Site/Soil Type: Guerilla/soft loamy fertile nettle patch.

Flowering date: 1st showing of female flowers was around the end of August.

Weeks in flower: 7.5 weeks.

Harvest date: Late October, need another week or two but mould took hold fast so had to cut there and then.

Yield: Med/High.

Mold: Yes, about 20% lost.

Taste/Smell: Smells peppery with a hint of mint when grinded up.

Potency/Type of stone: High but not overwhelmingly so, I could do tasks like typing up an email or posting on forums easily without f*ckups. Settles in to a clear, pleasent & spacey high.

Grow again: Yes. Big plants but got caught but bud rot hard and fast. These we're in a 'wet' bramble plot though, should do better at a dry site.

post-19819-0-85694900-1326048843_thumb.jpg

post-19819-0-20951200-1326048845_thumb.jpg

post-19819-0-93677600-1326048847_thumb.jpg

post-19819-0-81907200-1326048862_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Strain - KC36

Breeder - KC Brains

Year of G - 2011

Latitude - 51*

Plant Date - sprouted seeds June then planted out late July.

Harvest Date - The first planted were the first ripe, on 6th Oct, then the smaller later batch on the 13th Oct.

Average Yield - 2-3oz on the early one's, but just 1/2oz for the late ones. .

Average Height - 6 foot, even with a late plant and topping.

Mould - Very little <5%, but the weather was kind at the end.

Potency - Above average, 7/10 with an Indica hit (despite the Sativa looks).

Smell - Faint citrus when growing and only an issue when chopping. Dry, it's a menthol/herbal/fruity thing.

Taste - The smells melt when smoked, they're faint but complex and satisfying.

Grow again - :yes:

Comments - I wasn't expecting alot considering the price. If anything, it put me off.

How wrong I was, these really are a rare, genuine bargain. From the moment I saw the fat healthy seeds

there was a good vibe, then they all sprouted (for me that too is rare) and I ended up with 7 fems.

They were easy to grow and ended up the second fastest to mature.

The only negative is maybe the smoke could be tastier, it's good but a bit vague.

Also worth note, is the males are very resinous and could make for good breeding stock.

This is my first taste of KC's stock and they get a big thumbs up from me. :yep:

gallery_52842_4010_46710.jpg

gallery_52842_4010_36463.jpg

gallery_52842_4010_79471.jpg

gallery_52842_4010_44977.jpg

gallery_52842_4010_128954.jpg

:yinyang:

• Like 17