Outdoor Strains Uk

yossman

Strain: LA Confidential x Skunk

Breeder: DNA Seeds

Harvest time: Early November (could have harvested late Oct if wanted)

Latitude of grow: 52

Average yield: Medium to low. The LA grows columnar with little side branching so should be good to grow close together in a 'sea of green' guerilla stylie or will make a great garden strain to grow. These will be easily hidden among other plants.

Mould: A tad, nothing major though.

Potency: Just had 2 bowls full and just about to do another couple .. initial high is in the face, this seems to be a running theme in all my DNA x Skunk crosses. Quite trippy with a little paranoia creeping in but everything settles to a long and enjoyable schmokin' session :spliff:

Flavours: On the inhale you get the urge to cough but is easily held back, will smooth out after a cure I'm sure. Tastes of nothingness at this time, a bit rough (3 weeks since chop as I type)

Overall 7.5/10

Year of grow:2010

Grow again: Yes I would and yes I am with nice seeds I've made. LA Confidential x Skunk (x Danish Gold/Royal Dane) the packet should read .. doh!

post-19819-1290623859_thumb.jpgpost-19819-1290623874_thumb.jpgpost-19819-1290623887_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Afternoon guys .. lets get schmokin' with another smoke report ..

Strain: Sensi Star x Herijuanajack33 (aka Quicker)

Breeder: CH9 Seeds

Harvest time: Early November (still not 100% finished though)

Average yield: Low/Medium

Mould: A little

Potency: OK this is the first time I've toked on this strain. On inspection the buds are lovely, tight and compact, two phenotype of plants appeared one went black and the other stayed green hence the funky colours in the jar .. the high is strong and immediate, currently I have a warm face and glowing forehead .. nice feeling in the shoulders too. Typing and using the PC is still accurate, clear headed .. I have a proper cotton mouth on now so I'm gonna finish the rest of dat joint and get a beverage. Getting red eye sensation, deffo a night time schmoke folks .. Zzzzz

Flavours: The smell of the buds is lemony and zesty when molested and smell even cleaner when sniffed ground up in de grinder... its getting menthol now too.

Overall 8/10

Grow again: Not at my latitude but the smoke is ace.

post-19819-1290686932_thumb.jpgpost-19819-1290686946_thumb.jpgpost-19819-1290686955_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Strain: KC 33

breeder: KC

Harvest time: Early/late September

Latitude of grow: Midlands

Yield: The best was 4oz 2oz each :)

Mold; The Early type had none :B): The later one about 40% rainrainrain lol

Potency: 6/10 -

Year of grow: 2010

Grow again? Yup,nice cheap pack of seeds.Out of 11 beans 7 were FEMs..

Roll on next year :wacko: going for some Monsters

Smoke - Nice, Early ones had a bit of a Pine/Citrus smell.Very sticky Fat budz,

OK, Late ones had all the Taste washed out of em :rofl:lol

That and the mold gave them an Old school type of taste

ONELOVE JKH

Edit: To correct yeild

Edited by jkhuk
  • Like 1

Strain - Durban Poison, regular non-femmed from 2009 batch of seeds.

Breeder - Dutch Passion

Year of G - 2010

Latitude - 51*

Location/soil - Urban wasteland in thorny jungle, compacted sandy soil.

Prep - Local soil mixed 50/50 with Homebase grow bag, 15L per 18" hole.

Maintenance - Fed and watered a couple of times in the first month. Then once in flowering. Oldtimer organic nuts.

Plant Date - Planted indoors early feb then sexed at 14.5 hours of light to see which ones flowered first. Cutting put out in the garden in may then

finally planted out june/july.

Harvest Date - First buds ripe on the 25th Sept, then all chopped by 2nd Oct.

Average Yield - 2.5 oz each, though with an early plant date this could double.

Average Hight - 4 foot, though they were planted late and topped to keep under 6 foot.

Mould - Non on the early Indica Pheno but a week later and with lots more rain and the later Sativa Pheno was 50/50 budrot.

Potency - 5/10, weak but very nice high. Perfect daytime toke.

Smell - When they're growing you have to be up close to smell them, literally on top of them. They have a lovely citrusy almost Lemon Thyme aroma

that cures very well with a Licorice/anaseed taste coming through (Robbo's should be lovely come christmas).

Taste - The smell really comes through in the taste and it's one of my favs. Once tasted you'll recognize Durban.

Grow again - Oh yea! I've kept cuts and look forward to getting them out next year. Also crossed one of the males with my best AK47 and

I'll try a few of those aswell.

Comments - Well worth a try but I haven't tried the current Fem only seeds so I hope there just as good. The only negatives is they're pretty

leafy buds that seem to shrink alot when they dry. But a small price to pay with ripe buds in a crappy season. As for the late mould I've let

the later Pheno's go and kept the early Indica two(so much for the pure sat). Also one of them had a few male flowers on a couple of

buds but no seeds. All in all a surprisingly good smoke that most people will enjoy.

Keep it green :innocent: Percy

post-52842-1291060530_thumb.jpg post-52842-1291060873_thumb.jpg post-52842-1291060890_thumb.jpg

p.s Top Thread Yossman, hope you're knee deep in buds mucker, you inspired me to get of my ass,,,had a great time

even while the 30 or so local councillors strolled just a few meters away mid harvest :stoned:

• Like 3

Oldtimes

Strain/breeder: OT1

Harvest time: End of October

Latitude of grow: 50

Average yield: 4 Ounce dry (medium size plant)

Mold: Nada Rosie

Potency: Strong

Grow again: Affirmative.

Overall:l 10/10 no complaints at all. :rofl:

post-23195-1291066709_thumb.jpg

Edited by Archangel
  • Like 7

Strain/breeder: Mazar

Harvest time: 2nd-3rd week of October

Latitude of grow: 51

Average yield: 1 oz per plant

Mold: very little

Potency: Heavy stoned including the hash made from it

Grow again: Yes

Extra comment: In past years (5 0r 6) I've had more than double the harvest ( and double the height) per plant and I thought it had a much more pleasant high then this year. Not sure why.

post-58914-1291465341_thumb.jpg

This years shorty's

post-58914-1291465329_thumb.jpg

Close up of a bud from last year, 3 weeks before crop.

Edited by adder
  • Like 3

Strain/breeder: Northern Soul by Seedsman (Fem)

Harvest time: First week November

Latitude of grow: >52 (Central Belt - Scotland)

Location: Nettle Patch within Woodland Fringe (possibly just a little too close to LPS street lamp)

Average yield: Nothing of any quality

Mold: Yup - maybe 5%. Seed packet reports it as being xtremely resistant and i suppose it was. Although mold got in to many xtremities the plant generally just sealed off the dead area and kept on without any signs of infection spreading untill the very end of season when It did begin to take.

Potency: N/A - but ohh did she smell nice the whole way through Veg. What a skunky monster this would be in the correct conditions (i.e. more light and good length season)

Grow again: Not Outdoors; or at least not outdoors without retractable shading to simulate inductive photo period

post-59185-1291477507_thumb.jpgpost-59185-1291477507_thumb.jpg

Strain: Trainwreck

Breeder: Greenhouse Seeds

Harvest time: Early November

Latitude of grow: UK / 52

Average yield: Low

Mould: 20% / Didn't finish at my latitude and didn't handle mould issues well, mould took hold fast and ruined most of the top buds.

Potency: Inhalation is harsh due to the leafiness of the buds. The high is instant which starts at the back of the head and mellows in to a 50/50 pleasant head body stone. Disappointed that I couldn't get any higher no matter how much I smoke of this.

Flavours: Typical piney smell.

Overall 7/10

Grow again: Not at my latitude

post-19819-1291895080_thumb.jpgpost-19819-1291895089_thumb.jpgpost-19819-1291895097_thumb.jpg

NB: Check the amount of polm in my trich catcher :wink:

Strain/breeder: GreenHouse Seeds Cheese

PlantOut time: May 1st - end of june.

Start of visible flower: 20 sept.

Harvest time: End of October (needed another 4 weeks at least)

Latitude of grow: 53? cheshire

Average yield: 2 Ounce snap dry (average of 10 large size plants (10ft) )

Mold: a little up until start of nov...then lots

Potency: ok considering v little bud.

Grow again: NO WAY. not a chance

Overall:l 1/10

These were put out early 1st may onwards being around 18'' height at planting. (from seeds and cuttings)

some reached 10-12 foot in height....making me excited for a large yield.

were fed occasionally and holes prepped v well.

GHS expressed an october finish...this is plain and simply a lie.

at end of october buds were light and leafy with mold appearing.

i was VERY patient with this strain...some was left out until mid november

and did not seem to fill out any more than the 31st Oct harvested plants.

I cannot see how these will ever work outside in this country unless forced early.

DO NOT TRY THIS STRAIN...complete waste of time.

my labour and loss should be all of your gain. :D

Edited by cheshirecheese

Strain: Rocklock (Warlock x Rockstar)

Breeder: DNA

Harvest time: Early November

Latitude of grow: UK / 52

Average yield: Low

Mould: 20+% / Again mould took hold fast as with the Trainwreck above, I think because these were smaller plants they simply couldn't handle the late autumnal English weather well.

Potency: Inhalation is easy on the throat and smooth, I was expecting a coughing fit due to the leafiness of these buds as with the TW. The high really did surprise me, a classic mellow couchlock experience with the added effect of 'Chinaman' eyes as implicated by my mates eyes below :smokin: A great night time smoke, I could have easy had a kip after a J of this.

Flavours: Does not smell of much even after nearly 6 weeks 9in the jar.

Overall smoke points: 8/10

Grow again: Not at my latitude, low yielding, suits indoor setups well I would guess though.

post-19819-1291989007_thumb.jpgpost-19819-1291989016_thumb.jpg

post-19819-1291989020_thumb.jpgpost-19819-1291989024_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Yorkshire

Strain/breeder: Shaman, dutch passion

Harvest time: end of september i think

Latitude of grow: 54

Location: Back garden, but i must stress i was a noob and it was in a small pot

Average yield: Half oz

Mold: None

Potency: 3/10

Year of grow: 2004

Grow again: yes, only because i did everything wrong from small pot to fast dry but this plant did grow well even after the evil i put it threw.

Strain: Nirvana seeds Papaya

Visible flowering: end Aug/beg Sept

Harvest date: end of October

Latitude: 51

Mold: Plenty, i lost about 2 thirds of the harvest

Yield: Low after the mold. after removing infected buds i was left with around 2.5 oz from 3 rather large plants. potentially high yielding though

Potency: reasonable 4/10. im an indica man, and this didn't cut the mustard for me. others may like it

High: probably a nice daytime smoke for some. a floaty sort of high which you could easily go about your daily business on. if you smoke enough the indica comes out

Taste: not very nice tbh. no distinct flavors came through after a month in jars

Grow again: no

These flowered very late for me. You'll have to be very luck to get these anywhere near to finishing without mold setting in from my experience. Its a shame because they were great looking plants (other than the yellowing of course), and potentially i think nice smoke is obtainable if you get the right summer. others have proved this.

post-51840-1292967592_thumb.jpgpost-51840-1292967334_thumb.jpg

post-51840-1292967499_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Strain/breeder: early skunk

Harvest time: oct 20

Latitude of grow: 54

Average yield: 5 half os

Mold: notreally

Potency: 8/10 no complaints

Grow again: Yes keepin eyes peeled for new plot ... roll on feb and march get the spade outa the shed...

2011: fristian dew

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Frogman

Strain/breeder: Frisian Dew - purple pheno - Dutch Passion. Planted out mid june and topped once. Minimal effort grow, never watered and only sprinkled with ferts a couple of times. Developed dark black/purple calyxes throughout the flowering cycle with lots of thick white hairs. The colour turned a bit reddish when ripening. The leaves stayed almost completely green.

Harvest time: 5th October 2010 (3 days after attached photo was taken)

Latitude of grow: 53 westMids

Average yield: I didnt weigh anything but it produced nice dense buds and plenty of them. Above average i'd say.

Mold: Unfortunately yes but not a lot. Arrived fast after a shitty end to September. I went to harvest 3 days after the photo was taken and found small pieces all over the plant, and only a few days earlier there was nothing.

Taste / Smell: Blackcurrant funky berry smelling, Very nice.

Potency: High. A nice stone that gets behind the eyes, moving through the body giving a nice relaxing feeling and a smiley heavy head!

Bud Structure: Dense. not as big as the green pheno but dense early nugs with a unique smell.

Grow again: Yes

post-61145-1294082638_thumb.jpg

post-61145-1294082652_thumb.jpg

Frogman.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

AFGHAN KUSH X SKUNK.

Excellent plant to grow. started from seed in april. planted in second week of may. a quick, full of life and a very vibrant plant. easy to grow. nicely coated buds with gressy resin and THC.

Hardly fed this only at beginning stages of its life.

budded at the right time after all that rain in september, with no probs what soever

Strain/breeder:Afghan Kush X Skunk. World of Seeds

Harvest time:End of October

Average yield: 2oz Dry (could get more if stared earlier Easy!)

Mold:0.1 gram

Potency:Nice

Flavour: Fruity and Smooth

Grow again:DEFO

• Like 3