Outdoor Strains Uk

yossman

On 04/09/2022 at 5:40 PM, fredo007 said:

Strain -  Auto Duck (dutch passion)

Planted - 12th March 

Harvested - 25th June

Location -  Guerilla spot

Care -  Perlite, Dr Forest 444, Dr Forest 284, compost.

Mould - 0 %

Grow again -  Never 

Dry weight - Not sure, buds were not dense at all but filled 2 small jam jars with 3 plants 

Smoke - Very weak, 7-8% thc and barely got me stoned- smelt nice, like citrus but tasted horrible!

Yield - tiny! Didn't weigh it but if i had to guess, 2-3g on each plant! 

I went with this strain purely due to its non-typical appearance, until flower it looks very inconspicuous and I wasn't sure if the spot I had chosen this year would be seen, as it was not the best spot and i had never grown there before, so i decided to err on the side of caution and choose the Auto Duck. The spot itself actually turned out to be very good, but I had already started these plants and didn't want to waste the seeds- so they took up 3 spaces in a spot which could only have 8 small plants max. As far as the appearance goes, the Auto Duck does what it says on the tin so I can't complain about that, but was throughly disappointed by the end result, I wasn't expecting a big yield but something above 10g off each plant would have been nice, especially due to the fact that I put a fair amount of money into making a good super soil! There was no mould but i would never, ever grow this again, tiny leafy buds which barely got me stoned!

see page 24 on this thread for 2 less than glowing Auto Duck reviews ;-)

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Just to say I got decent yield from one of two Auto Ducks grown this summer, but that was in a polytunnel greenhouse. Lost quite a lot to rot though (my fault, not enough ventilation).

The bud has a nice aroma, not very strong but might be alright for making dry sift or edibles.

I think it's a useful strain for growing in places where you couldn't otherwise. I'll be doing it again next season, but I think it needs plenty of full sun for good results. 

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 4

Strain/breeder: Sweet Seeds Green Poison F1 Fast

Harvest time: Mid/late October

Latitude of grow: 54

Average yield: 3oz

Mold: none

Year of grow: 2022

Grow again: yes

Green Poison was my first attempt at growing, so I reckon with more practice (and patience)  the yield could be much higher. I was quite surprised that there wasn't a single spot of rot anywhere on either plant! 

large_gpd.jpglarge_gpe.jpg

• Like 19

• 2 months later...

@Latitude54    Sweets GP is indeed a nice girl to run outdoors ,  performs wonderful in light dep.      I find she offers more end weight than the SAD.    Nice girl :yep:

• Like 2

Black Lebanon    -   Super Sativa  Seed Club /  Dutch Passion   

Anyone planning on giving her a run this year ?   

Had very nice results with her ,  had some fantastic reviews from people thats sampled her ,  all say the  flavours are nothing like they have experienced & shes fairly potent.

the jar smells incredible ,  just black & purple nuggets glinting ,  would love to see her done full term :yep:      Im not down for any more than i have sadly or she would be on :yep:

• Like 4

On 22/01/2023 at 6:32 PM, OldFord said:

Black Lebanon    -   Super Sativa  Seed Club /  Dutch Passion   

Anyone planning on giving her a run this year ?   

Hi Old Ford,  it's on a list of possibles, what's it like for mold and also is she a smelly girl.

Take care

Zeb

2 hours ago, Zebal said:

Hi Old Ford,  it's on a list of possibles, what's it like for mold and also is she a smelly girl.

Take care

Zeb

Hi mate ,  i didnt experience any dramas and she does not smell like our plants :yep:     I cant explain , its such a strange aroma , not strong , its a unique aroma !

Pics in the diary from last year , awesome structure and formation ,  i have heard of a big stretching incident ... from BilgePump i believe ,  i didnt have any issues and will be running her next year for def.    Smell wise i really cant describe it but i have never smelt anything like her before.   

• Like 1

@Crow River    I seen the like on that old Leb post mate :yep:     The wordings been altered on the breeders page &  she did make it home both down south and up north.

• Like 1

Jus a note about Green Poison Fv

l grew fair bit of it last season … looked wicked on the plant I thought, like indoor 

but I found once dried ain’t enough terps in the smell department for my liking … 

though might of been to do with my drying method, had to use a dehumidifier etc.. but saying that , a load of the other strains I grew retained nice smell with same drying method .. I did leave one to cook well into oct to.. and did look wicked and smell good on the plant but didn’t translate over to the final product.. 

the smoke smells good as it’s burning and it does produce nice looking buds even when dry … i’d love to see the end product with the non FV version … I did wonder if the Terps are extra volatile or sumting 

another thought .. I believe folks are right about retaining more terps if you leave sugar leafs on for drying … I’ve always wet trimmed cause it’s easier (I find) … but I’m sure that would help with retaining Terps .. 

Anyway .. Seen folks report it as good over the years on here…. But for me, it’s been removed from my list for this year 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 3

@Erbman T    Yes sir the Green Poison is indeed a very nice outdoor girl indeed.     Ran her a few times now.   

I do however have a personal dislike or lets say issue with the Fast Versions pf all that i have tried  as i find they lose out on something , be it effect , terps or end weight and in most cases i have found all 3

I appreciate the FV and for those up north or farther afield with poorer weather conditions  but for safer locations i say why bother ? 

On paper the Green Poison is supposedly 7wks  , Fast 6wks  lol    Fast has less terps . less weight and if one cares less cbd  ,  so supposedly a wk a diff on paper ,  whether that wk is faster flower , mid flower of finishing time ??     

To me and in my mind ,  Why grow an inferior product to save a wk ,   on paper anyway ,     it all seems total bollocks as in all honesty the plant be it FV or non ... is cooked when i say its cooked regardless of specs lol   and thats not including any pheno variance into account.

I would much rather do the better of the 2 and risk the extra week for a tastier , more potent and potentially better end product

So im really not a fan of the FV but can appreciate it for what it appears to offer albeit a lesser variant of something better lol     

Yeah i get the timings are for optimal indoors runs and we are outdoors and we do battle the elements to get them home but i still think the non FV results in a better all round end result for the sake of say 2wks.   Each to their own and wouldnt knock anyone but i do question why. 

Just my humble opinion based on what i have encountered but enough to sway me away from them but i do encourage growers to try any side by side and see for themselves .  

Edited by OldFord
Spelling ...as usual
  • Like 6

Sorry guys ,   my last post was a heavily mct & a tad of choc  .. induced  lol      Sorry its not a hate of fasts at all.     

Im only saying  in words what im seeing & seen with outdoor runs in the, UK  lat 53   , outdoor  growing a wide variety of breeders commonly available cultivars.

Over the years i have run quite few side by side grow of FV  &  Photo trying to hedge my bets.   

I dont hate Fasts  , im grateful  &  appreciative of the Talent  & hard work people put into producing the breeding  and  development of  Fasts

guys  trying  to ensure a grower stands a chance and can get good meds cooked under the sun in the UK     

For me The photo is far better from of all the side by side grows  ,  it always resulted in the photo being a hands down winner against the FV of its so named sister. in all categories.

The Fast is good option for those wanting a to try banker good quality meds and a decent  bounty outdoors  ,  im  in no doubt !   Almost a banker in a normal seasons  sun run.   result ! . 

The photo has always resulted the better end product  against the fast ,    a  def nicer user end return for the invested time   &   effort i make and the love they get   :yinyang:  

A lot of the times there was nothing in it in ripeness in respect of plants maturity ,    what i  would deem  being cooked til i see a good amber glint lol     

The end result was the photo produced the better end return in quality  / effect  every time     ,  so if there is a choice for me im always going the photo option .   

Not a dislike ,  its just what im seeing  / seen  from grows in the garden & plots guys.     

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 5

@OldFord The time, effort and skill inherent in your grows is a genuine joy to behold. Am truly grateful for all you share on here. It didn’t come across as hating on FV plants, just passionate experience..lol

• Like 2

Just now, Gimps said:

@OldFord The time, effort and skill inherent in your grows is a genuine joy to behold. Am truly grateful for all you share on here. It didn’t come across as hating on FV plants, just passionate experience..lol

i love it mate ,  i love the challenge of taking a bean and trying to get that to result in good healthy plant that well cooked  with amber tinge and harvest said plant for meds.  

show you all what im growing  &  what im seeing  going on in the pots  , how its growing in the garden without bias  ,   

im  on here to share whats in front of me  ,  i dont do canna cultivar  snobbery ,   i grow whats in readily available stock   and  i fancy running.  

if i like the sound of the description  &  read reviews  ,    i grow it. for myself  , share it here,  

i  also enjoy  it here and  im here to learn learn from some of our forums ;learned talent pool !

we all in the same game  &   whether your running naughty digits  or a single plant  , its still growing         im really just an outdoor part time  plant bitch    :yep: 

All of us outdoors and wanting the best haul of end products to suit our own needs and best of luck to you all.   

• Like 5