Outdoor Strains Uk

yossman

13 hours ago, Erbman T said:

@OldFord I jus wonder whether the non Fv versions trigger as early as the FV versions 

The bigger picture and i think what your alluding to is do the FV/s trigger and complete quicker from what i have run  -

Its a mixed  bag of results mate ,  i have seen the FV faster , sometimes there even pegging  , sometimes they are slower. -  this covers triggering , maturation and readiness stages. 

I have also seen quite a few more  FV's trigger early then stall / stutter and then finally get going. 

I am sure the notion of the FV of a photo , in title  ,  alludes to higher sales with growers pinning hopes on them.

In reality where it counts ,  in the pots  &  out on the plots  ,  under the sun  -  do i see the FV as a faster / safer option  ... NO ,  its still too big of a gamble.  

I see more consistent results of the photos end product being better than i so see the FV being a faster option.

I have not find a single FV of a photo that has consistently offered me a faster method of outdoor growth cycle. 

Until theres more consistent results with the FV's performance i shall keep with the photo.

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 7

@OldFord cheers for that

yeah i specifically meant ‘triggering’ as ‘fast’ seems to mean they take less time to mature rather than be a reference to ‘triggering’ .. as advertised by sweets seeds that they finish before the undesirable weather…. I just wondered as sweets defo add an auto to make their FV’s…does the properties of that auto also encourage earlier triggering in the FV? Not just shorten the flowering time? .  I defo suspect and you seem to confirm they lose flavour, Terps etc because of the addition of the auto they add … but yeah knowing if they are non FV they will take longer to mature, maybe by a couple weeks .. this would not matter as much if they still trigger as early as the FV’s… but if they both triggered later plus took longer that could really f**k up one’s plans and waste valuable time and effort growing something that’s not gonna finish thus leaving one with loads of immature cabbage bud 

hope we are not f**cking up the strains thread with this debate ha.. is relevant tho 

Peace to all 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 5

@Erbman T      No worries   ,  Yeah im def seeing it as relative to the bigger picture as guys will more than likely consider the fast options.

From what i have seen ,  the Fasts when they do what the their name suggests its all good ,  getting a more consistent result would be ideal. 

Whether by the addition of the auto into the fv mix allows it to have a wider pheno variation was a thought  ,  however the intricacies of breeding is certainly not my forte and a skill set beyond my own.    I can only comment from a basic growers perspective.     I still say put both out and try for yourself , see if you arrive at the same conclusion mate . 

Im only doing a few staples this year but will go back to trying with them next season and see if we can find a winner .    

• Like 4

@Erbman T    Another thought i have been pondering over ,  with the fv being hit & miss  but cant do anything about as im strictly outdoors  ,  is  it enviro based ?   

Is it that the fv can do its thing  but needs a more stable enviro ?    As in the fv official stats were gleaned from plants grown in an optimum enviro ... indoors  ,  not outdoors where the fv would be used for our purposes.      Was a thought but i wouldnt be able to throw any light on that side.  

• Like 2

Hey jus to say tho … got some good results overall tbf … jus being fussy in a way .. I grew all of these last season and as they cure more, things are improving with all of them … in this order is my fav’s..

Tropicana Poison Fv

Red Mandarine Fv 

(will chuck a few of these out again)

Ain’t nothing wrong with the

Killer Kush Fv

Gorilla Giri Fv   
either, though with these two I grew much smaller plants and not so many of them, and were very late plant out.. the nugs are tight and look good, jus didn’t seem to have much Terps, when fresh on the plant or after dry … tho I’ve heard a senior member say his Killer Kush was stinking .. I recon it’s prob due to phenos … I dunno .. got a few beans of them left  .. will try again at some point … jus don’t think they gonna get priority for holes 

Green Poison Fv 

is at the bottom for me… but I’ve seen plenty peeps on here that have had good results with it .. I would like to try the full photo version at some point jus to see the diff… still again it’s pretty impressive what I got from it compared to strains i tried to grow in the ‘old days’ but never triggered early enough, let alone have time to mature before the wet and cold weather kicked in 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 3

On 06/02/2023 at 7:41 AM, OldFord said:

@Erbman T    Another thought i have been pondering over ,  with the fv being hit & miss  but cant do anything about as im strictly outdoors  ,  is  it enviro based ?   

Is it that the fv can do its thing  but needs a more stable enviro ?    As in the fv official stats were gleaned from plants grown in an optimum enviro ... indoors  ,  not outdoors where the fv would be used for our purposes.      Was a thought but i wouldnt be able to throw any light on that side.  

Dunno. My indoor runs + friends ones,  the enviro can be a bit hit and miss anyway with bodge cupboard setups etc , little to no environmental controls, hence effected by if it’s Summer or winter temps…

As u say enviro possibly a factor with FV’s (or any strains really)  .. cause my Trop Poisons & Red Mandy’s I grew outdoors last season were from cuttings from when I grew them indoors first … strangely they finished better outdoors than in.. I was basically gonna discontinue the cuts of the strains as the Red Mandy finished ultra weak indoors/ not much flavour, and the Trop tho very Crystally (as its advertised for high THC) and looked good and was pokey didn’t have enough Terps for my liking 

tho those same cuts gave much better results outdoors ..  

id say Tropicana Poison still is kinda faint on the Terps (yes improving with cure) but it looks wicked and has good potency .. the Mandy finished couple weeks earlier outdoors than the Trops .. the last bits, mostly lowers I left to fully mature on the Mandy’s eventually turned from Red flowers  to Black flowers, and it wasn’t rot… 

Knowing the staggering of finishing times is useful for me.. so I don’t get everything finishing at once… means I don’t get too much to harvest and trim at once.. using scissors … I’ve bought a spin pro now but I really dunno if I’m gonna use it much or at all … hanging on lines is optimal as far as I can see, with limited space ..

anyway off on a tangent again 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 2

@Erbman T     Trimming Its a love hate relationship mate lol      I hate doing it but i want to do it well ,   once you get going with the scissors its on !  lol     

Never tried it personally but been in the room whilst some was being done in one ,  i would like to have seen a range of varying nuggets with differing structures & levels of stickiness before i would buy one personally.      

I think unless its a forced  rushed chop  ,  its always gonna be kinda staggered ,  or has done for me ,  always going to see a bit of pheno lean along the way ,  trying to remember what you had & what it did  , how long it went ,  keeping the little black book helps if your a bit forgetful like me.       I am making mct / oils with it & want it well cooked ,  im in no rush to get them down and always push them on lol      No care about weight ,  just good healthy well cooked girls and im happy.    Done when they done ,   i can fully appreciate the riskier situations and need to get the girls  out ,  up  &  down  & as fast as poss,  so im  hoping the fv development keeps progressing , look how far autos have come in a short period of time ,  hope the fv does the same  too.  

• Like 3

@Erbman T    Have you run Sweets SAD outdoors yet ?     Afforded me some very nice returns ,  one of the staples for some years now ,  been rock solid year in year out.   Very nice end product ,   nice aroma but not intrusive.   

• Like 2

@OldFord other thing that makes me think twice about using the spin pro is again .. Terps.. I gathered now drying with sugar leaf on is optimal but I recon line dried weed that’s wet trimmed will prob have more Terps remaining than spin pro de-stalked and hanging net dried weed.. jus cause there’s even more plant material removed … as well as the space issue .. tho I may utilise spin pro for popcorn and scissor trim the finest colas 

not tried SAD… you recommended it before … when you mentioned low odour kinda set off my Terp fetish against trying it 

seeing this is a strain guide I will add a few more strain tings to blagg posting in here

My DFG Bx1 buds have a nice stench to them … not skunky … more musky and sweet …

seen Royal Mazar got mentioned again recently .. tbf I was blown away by results with that one in 2021 … jus how early it was and it looked wicked on the plant .. I continued growing it indoors from cuts for a while as liked so much… as it’s in stock again I may have to buy another pack for safe keeping .. only ran it from cuts last year not in the best spots .. wasn’t good with the mould where I put them , more to do with location than strain .      … recon it’s a good one tho to keep in a Gorrillas arsenal… 

my Whitey Freeze has really come on with the Terps with the long cure..surprising me,  superseding the FV’s for fragrance  … not as pretty looking but digging the smell.. it’s so early to, I might have to stick a couple out again .. cause some spots are better for early finishers as undergrowth dies back more rapidly so more suited to early harvest .. where my oct finishers are better in spots foliage is thicker and dies back less rapidly … to keep things hidden 

rah rah 

so many strains 

mmm will be keeping an eye  to hopefully bag a few of Dr Slim’s tings if I can ….

not to mention my cuttings and hack experiments … getting a lil excited as spring draws nearer 

on a lil mission as I type this tbh hehe 

p.s yes I did keep a general record of finishing dates per strain , as you say , can still vary per Pheno… but generally not by loads 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Erbman T With the Green Poison FV I also found it lacking in the aroma profile until it had been curing for a good couple of months. By Christmas Day my September/October harvest was pretty pungent. 

• Like 2

On 21/02/2023 at 1:14 PM, latitude54 said:

@Erbman T With the Green Poison FV I also found it lacking in the aroma profile until it had been curing for a good couple of months. By Christmas Day my September/October harvest was pretty pungent. 

Yeah it’s defo come on with the cure. Think woulda been even better if left to dry with the silver leaf on … looks impressive I’d say for outdoors, nice spongy buds with high bud to leaf ratio. just not quite smelly enough for my liking …nothing wrong with it tho. Pretty good really 

• Like 2

Strain/breeder: Sweet Seeds -

Tropicana Poison F1 Fast

Harvest time: mid/late October

Latitude of grow: 51

Average yield: 5 / 7 oz per plant 

Mold: little bits, doesn’t seem to spread aggressively 

Year of grow: 2022

Grow again: yes

Grown from cuttings. Not the most pungent Terps. Sickly sweet aroma, not fruity, more ‘Turkish delight’ lol has a real highgrade look to it. Has potency 

large.8A0DED04-F730-47E5-924D-A63533C3C46D.jpeglarge.5A6C3C57-4C46-46C9-BEEE-1272DFB1D7BC.jpeglarge.FAB3C689-BE97-4BA1-9A8E-D5BC1BC05C71.jpeglarge.195807AC-D6B0-4E88-8D08-75E018CB1FF3.jpeglarge.649004AB-12E1-4928-BC47-3AA55B2369F3.jpeglarge.388D5EA0-2ECE-4ACB-9C0E-882A223ACE2E.jpeglarge.BB7583BA-1B78-462E-8D60-6AE822992938.jpeg

large.56FE4FC0-5942-4803-AD53-1EAFE099128D.jpeglarge.55510D04-064C-49DA-ADF3-D9EC5E80A7AF.jpeg

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 13

Strain/breeder: Real Gorilla Seeds 

Green Gold Bx1

Plant out : Full Moon June

Harvest time: Mid Sept (14th - 29th) 

Average yield: 5 / 7 oz per plant 

Mold: yes, but not bad. Didn’t spread much 

Grows like a beast!  Nice and early. Spicey lemony Terps. Jobs a goodun. Early vibes ! Used LST to keep low and more main heads. Salute!

(Vegged for 2 to 3 weeks indoors before plant out)

large.8B36BC97-A19F-47BE-808A-32B3D7146251.jpeglarge.BAE29901-2D29-4432-8C87-227ECCE86A2D.jpeglarge.5036A101-BE7D-4CA8-8A5E-9639A21D3ED3.jpeglarge.0D1546F9-9F41-49FF-860C-652394C4E9F6.jpeglarge.41ABFB71-8B0D-4BA7-A2EB-6073781D47A1.jpeglarge.928E22AD-904B-4C82-9184-D8DA23558F49.jpeglarge.ACDC3B27-33FF-46C5-B219-4BFA90DBCC07.jpeglarge.D281FE38-C913-4BC4-B67B-934EF3664539.jpeglarge.D3BAB5C6-3932-4317-AEB5-94EAC16EDF9A.jpeglarge.7AF3AC36-1CF2-472D-968D-A7173C837AF3.jpeglarge.5A2B09CB-BD14-46B5-94BB-BC7AD419E875.jpeglarge.41583799-6CE7-44E9-8C72-807EC19E5A71.jpeglarge.148AE94C-3A4F-4B9B-BBF1-FC341D664D24.jpeg

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 11

Strain/breeder: Sweet Seeds -

Red Manderine F1 Fast

Harvest time: End Sept / Mid October

Average yield: 5+ oz per plant 

Mold: little bits, doesn’t seem to spread aggressively 

Grown from cuttings, two phenos.. one darker than the other, left some lowers out to 3/4ths thru Oct.. those bits went black, wasnt mould .. more sweet musky than fruity, dried orange peel type smell 

large.FE9C036F-DA7F-4A1C-B1E1-58930F11E857.jpeglarge.E69B96ED-5A54-43EE-B17A-59D4A9430422.jpeglarge.C851CDD9-EF6A-4F27-B18D-EDE430AD789F.jpeglarge.7381C5C8-4347-417A-80BB-9795F1D9EA12.jpeglarge.5A6C0184-1A18-4A8A-BF71-C6AC9B74A2C8.jpeglarge.37A8EE57-E708-432D-B698-CD2D4ED17E20.jpeglarge.2EEC1F38-E98C-43D9-AD01-E1E4EE79458E.jpeglarge.87478DF7-91AB-42EF-A3E5-C83F2669FEBF.jpeglarge.EA8B30FB-8331-427D-A1DF-E9F381C913FC.jpeglarge.816F8CA1-FC6B-408A-8F1D-C039949FE221.jpeglarge.C8B3C90F-682D-4E28-8215-03963D7C4219.jpeglarge.36B77FC6-9334-4F5D-BA17-129F4DC005BC.jpeglarge.0A8F8E9A-D868-4C60-A3FE-71C699D0A4AF.jpeglarge.11FA5BBC-D3A6-4DA7-81AA-11BBFADD99B7.jpeglarge.6D904675-D93B-4CBA-8895-226EC5968C09.jpeglarge.3381B325-23EF-460B-AED5-49C184A4A1BB.jpeglarge.308FCBF9-0D38-4410-B4C6-93C7F544AE31.jpeglarge.89361256-D40E-4D7B-8C2B-C3D8DC9A29C1.jpeglarge.FA09CCFF-2639-4D7A-9168-79814AD2A2A0.jpeg

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 14