Outdoor Strains Uk

yossman

Just now, brock1 said:

I think loam gnome still pops in but not so often. I haven't seen resinous palms in a while though. Been a long time @CheechChongReturns :smokin:

Picked some good brains on here.

Thaks to you all man. 

I remember you did a diary in that 2012 season. Was good times and good sun 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone grown outside either:

Zambeza lemon kush

Sweet seeds green posion or cream caramel fast versions 

These all claim to finish between 6-7 weeks but not sure about mould or pest resistance

Thanks 

• Like 1

Just now, Eldo said:

Zambeza lemon kush

These all claim to finish between 6-7 weeks but not sure about mould or pest resistance

Thanks 

Flowering time is a useless guide to finishing time outdoor. I made this mistake when I first started growing outdoor. A outdoor plant Flowering ability is measured by it sensitive to daylight hours not the weeks it takes to flower. I have had loads of 6-8 week stains not start flowering outdoor while 14 week strains finished beside them. I hear cream caramel FV is nice but never tried ether of these myself. :smokin:

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Eldo said:

@brock1 cheers mate ill bare that in mind and maybe look the Northern lights instead...unless you have any better suggestions 

Anything with a small fast auto used will make a good fast versions. Stay away from fast versions that use bigger auto line's. Unfortunately most seedbank don't say what auto they used wich is a shame because it's the most important part of a fast version. But the best fast versions imo are made with the old lowryder's/diesel ryder or mighty mite auto's. Only problem is their shit as a full auto. Sour 60, fire 99, C99 auto grow good fast versions to but they must be selected for mould resistance. If I see a fast version made with a modern strain auto I tend to stay away as they can be later than expected. I need to start and share more fast versions as i usually just pollenate a bud. This year I am planning to recreate a toasted cheese v2 wich is a Guerilla Exodus fast version original made by a grower called Evil mouse. along with this I have a few other's that will be made. So next year shouldn't be a problem for fast versions. 

Edited by brock1
  • Like 7

56 minutes ago, brock1 said:

A outdoor plant Flowering ability is measured by it sensitive to daylight hours not the weeks it takes to flower. I have had loads of 6-8 week stains not start flowering outdoor while 14 week strains finished beside them.  

This 

• Like 3

@brock1 anything with exodus in it sounds good to me sounds like you'll be set look forward to seeing your rewards

Will have to do a bit more research on the fast versions really am liking the look of some of the sweet seed fish got a sweet skunk going inside atm

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eldo said:

Zambeza lemon kush

Thanks 

Hi - I grew two Green Poison FVs last year in my garden. Both were 8ft. One was in my greenhouse and the other was outside as I didn’t have enough room for both. Both germinated at the end of April and both harvested at the end of September, so about a month quicker than normal. Flowering times outside are always longer - usually add in a couple of weeks to what the packet says. The one in the greenhouse - despite lots of ventilations, etc - did get quite a few mould outbreaks. The one outside had very little mould, despite the damp weather. Probably the best-smelling and tasting strain I have grown so far. I love it.

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

Strain -  Auto Tangerine - bulk seed £2.50 minus 25% bought on 20th April ;-)

Planted - May 20th 2022

Harvested - 1st Sep

Latitude - 53

Location - greenhouse

Care -  Compost, perlite, slow release feed pellets and Bone meal

Mould - 33 %

Grow again - no

Dry weight - 2 plants - 3/4's of a mason jar

Smoke - tba

Yield - small

Had one plant trained one not. The untrained plant was a wispy, low density thing. The trained one did great then moulded right up on the main cola. This was on the dryest summer in years so no excuses for the plant.

Additional - This is a great greenhouse grow, rooted just right. Low odour, pity about the mould. 

• Like 3

Strain -  Auto Caramel - bulk seed £2.50 minus 25% bought on 20th April ;-)

Planted - May 20th 2022

Harvested - 1st Sep

Latitude - 53

Location - greenhouse

Mould - 100 %

Grow again - never ever again

Dry weight - 2 seeds - one didn't germinate.

Smoke - no

Yield - small

Untrained plant was not too bad, medium density buds. The plant moulded right up on the main cola, I chopped it thinking I could rescue something but no. Plant also attracted black flies for some reason. My plants sit side by side but the leaves on this were covered. This was on the driest summers in years so no excuses for the plant.

Additional - Low odour. Good root system.

• Like 2

Strain -  Auto Amnesia - bulk seed £2.50 minus 25% bought on 20th April ;-)

Planted - May 20th 2022

Harvested - 1st Sep

Latitude - 53

Location - greenhouse

Mould - 0 %

Grow again - yes - smoke dependent ;-) - tba

Dry weight - 2/3rds of a mason jar

Smoke - tba

Yield - small - but it's a sativa

Additional - Low odour. Untrained plant was not too bad, medium density buds.  2 seeds - one didn't germinate. It was ready to chop like 20th August tbh.

• Like 3

Strain -  Auto Girl Scout Cookies - bulk seed £2.20 minus 25% bought on 20th April ;-)

Planted - May 20th 2022

Harvested - 1st Sep

Latitude - 53

Location - greenhouse

Mould - 0 %

Grow again - yes - smoke dependent ;-) - tba

Dry weight - 2/3rds a mason jar.

Smoke - tba

Yield - small 

Additional - Low odour. Untrained plant was not too bad, medium density buds.  2 seeds - one didn't germinate.

I really need to train these better - will go with this one again next year - this was a year of discovery.

5 plants in the greenhouse this year and not an odour to be worried about - well ok - struck the 1st Neutradol early August but they were all very good odour wise. Also: I had to rush germination - could be user error.

• Like 3

Strain -  Auto Duck (dutch passion)

Planted - 12th March 

Harvested - 25th June

Location -  Guerilla spot

Care -  Perlite, Dr Forest 444, Dr Forest 284, compost.

Mould - 0 %

Grow again -  Never 

Dry weight - Not sure, buds were not dense at all but filled 2 small jam jars with 3 plants 

Smoke - Very weak, 7-8% thc and barely got me stoned- smelt nice, like citrus but tasted horrible!

Yield - tiny! Didn't weigh it but if i had to guess, 2-3g on each plant! 

I went with this strain purely due to its non-typical appearance, until flower it looks very inconspicuous and I wasn't sure if the spot I had chosen this year would be seen, as it was not the best spot and i had never grown there before, so i decided to err on the side of caution and choose the Auto Duck. The spot itself actually turned out to be very good, but I had already started these plants and didn't want to waste the seeds- so they took up 3 spaces in a spot which could only have 8 small plants max. As far as the appearance goes, the Auto Duck does what it says on the tin so I can't complain about that, but was throughly disappointed by the end result, I wasn't expecting a big yield but something above 10g off each plant would have been nice, especially due to the fact that I put a fair amount of money into making a good super soil! There was no mould but i would never, ever grow this again, tiny leafy buds which barely got me stoned!

• Like 3