Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

What would you classify boost as? Also, what would Nitrozyme be considered as essentially 'doing'? (that's at anyone btw)

You don't need the Nitrozyme - it's a nitrogen heavy product that is good for people who take loads of cuts from mums because it helps generate new cuts. More for the bigtime commercial guys than percy imo.

Boost is a flowering booster....some people say it's snakeoil....but it's probably a cocktail of all kinds of stuff. Canna claim it makes the plants photosynthesise more/faster/better, and so in conjunction with more PK as the fuel, it rocks. I started growing using the Canna UK calculator and it is a blinding way to start. They don't tell you to overfeed your plants and it forms a great basis for your own tailored regime (with or without Canna products).

I've literally just stopped using Boost because of the B'Cuzz boosters but it'll be interesting to see how my plants fare on the new stuff. Will do a side by side shortly.

GN

• Like 1

AH ok, because I read froma couple sources AB didn't provide enough N, so been whacking some of that in there.

Wicked anyway. Appreciated.

:rolleyes:

Boost is a flowering booster....some people say it's snakeoil....but it's probably a cocktail of all kinds of stuff. Canna claim it makes the plants photosynthesise more/faster/better, and so in conjunction with more PK as the fuel, it rocks.

Is the Canna Boost Accelerator worth the money then? At £200 for 5 litres I would expect so?

I was planning on using pk13/14 in flowering but saw in another thread this feeding schedule for canna which also recommends Canna Boost -

post-12370-1256308238_thumb.jpg (thanks to op)

I dont want to spend that type of money if it does effect the plants that much :mmmmmmm:

Cheers :mashed:

great thread bud

looks like a thread that should remain pinned at the top to me ???

got a dripper on the go at the moment but once its finished ill be switching back to coco to gain some headroom...

be watching this thread was interest thats for sure !!! :mashed:

peppi :mmmmmmm:

Edited by Peppi

hi peeps this is my first grow in coco n its soo good, used to use clay pebbles n the difference is amazing, i dont mix it or use clay pebbles either. i bought a new type from spam called galuka coco and you dont need to mix or use clay pebbles as the drainage is the same as pebbles. excellent stuff wel recommended

Edited by Hipgnosis
  • Like 1

i was actually being deadly serious, b n q compost is just as good as coco, fill one pot with compo and run it along side the coco, save you a few quid in the long run :ninja:

Is the Canna Boost Accelerator worth the money then? At £200 for 5 litres I would expect so?

I was planning on using pk13/14 in flowering but saw in another thread this feeding schedule for canna which also recommends Canna Boost -

post-12370-1256308238_thumb.jpg (thanks to op)

I dont want to spend that type of money if it does effect the plants that much :ninja:

Cheers :eek:

canna boost is over rated and over priced if ya ask me :spliff:

pk 13/14 is much better lol

• Like 1

Guest peace&quiet
great thread bud

looks like a thread that should remain pinned at the top to me ???

got a dripper on the go at the moment but once its finished ill be switching back to coco to gain some headroom...

be watching this thread was interest thats for sure !!! :ouch:

peppi :wink:

Niceone Peppi

Tell me tho,will you be using your drippers & coco? Im quite interested in this method as pulling plants out a tent to feed can be a pain in the arse at times & its gonna get worse soon as they will need support. Whats the script with theses drippers then? could I have a small res outside my tent? Any info would be appreciated bud.

p&q

Cheers NMW :unsure: I was also recommended PK13/14 so that is definately on my shopping list.

Being a newbie to coco I was advised Coco A and B as the main feed but a quick search on here Owd says to use "Growers Ark Coco grow/bloom , Growers Ark root-stim and Growers Ark boost it (pk boost)"

Is there rough nutrient schedule to follow using these nutes like the one for A & B?

Also, I have had a quick look on a few hydro shops I order from but cannot locate the growers ark feed anywhere. Do greens horticulture stock it?

Sorry for all of the questions, Im just trying to learn as much as I can incase I encuonter any problems. I have only ever grown in soil so dont want to cut corners etc now I am using coco. All is looking ok mind but if there is a better feed to use I will happily change over :g:

Last question for now I promise :D

Do we water the same "wet-dry" cycle as soil? I have been watering about every 2 days in Coco.

Guest peace&quiet

Google growers ark fella youll find it no problem , was going to try it myself but opted for the hesi range because Im new to it also pluss they have a handy grow schedule which Im following and alls well so far.

Greens dont stalk it either.

As for the wet/dry cycle thats a no always keep your coco moist & dont let it dry out,every 2 days works for me & Im 4 weeks into 12/12 in 6.5 litre pots,some people water daily & rekon they have better results,but as I said this is my first attempt in coco so cant say otherwise.

p&q

Niceone Peppi

Tell me tho,will you be using your drippers & coco? Im quite interested in this method as pulling plants out a tent to feed can be a pain in the arse at times & its gonna get worse soon as they will need support. Whats the script with theses drippers then? could I have a small res outside my tent? Any info would be appreciated bud.

p&q

the dripper ive got now is dead simple ,tubing splitters and a pump the medium is clay pellets

tbh mate gonna go back to handwatering mainly to gain some headroom back and i find it easier to just mix the nutes and water them rather than messing about with a rez

i also soon intend on doing one large plant topped and trained in coco that should be interesting to see

peppi :smoke:

Edited by Peppi

Guest peace&quiet
the dripper ive got now is dead simple ,tubing splitters and a pump the medium is clay pellets

tbh mate gonna go back to handwatering mainly to gain some headroom back and i find it easier to just mix the nutes and water them rather than messing about with a rez

i also soon intend on doing one large plant topped and trained in coco that should be interesting to see

peppi :smoke:

Cheers buddy..souds good/easy enough maybe something to think about in the future for me. Its just a pain getting into watering plants in a tent that got me wondering about drippers,being a big lump I sometimes struggle when wattering & dont like to bring the plants out of their enviroment.

Goodluck mate with your coco adventure!

p&q

Nice one P&Q, really appreciated bud. I will stick to how I am watering then :rofl: I did a google search and clicked the 1st couple of links. Oh well, yet another different hydro shop to order from lol. A shame greens dont stock it if it performs so well. I saw the hesi range, does this perform better than the A & B then?

Still hoping Owd will see this thread and give us a feeding schedule for growers ark nutes :rofl::smoke:

Guest peace&quiet
Nice one P&Q, really appreciated bud. I will stick to how I am watering then :rofl: I did a google search and clicked the 1st couple of links. Oh well, yet another different hydro shop to order from lol. A shame greens dont stock it if it performs so well. I saw the hesi range, does this perform better than the A & B then?

Still hoping Owd will see this thread and give us a feeding schedule for growers ark nutes :rofl::smoke:

Couldn,t tell you what performs best mate as this is my first attempt with the hesi range,what I can say tho is Ive not had to pull off any leaves yet and at 4 weeks flower thats a first for me in 5 years of growing lol

So either the hesi is good or Im getting better at growing or maybe a combination of both..all good tho.

Maybe greens will stock it in the near future I know what you meen about ordering else were I did call them reguarding the growers ark and they just seemed to want to puch more stuff myway.

Have a look thro Owderbs diarys he tells you how much grow/bloom/root stim/boost he uses.

p&q

Its just a pain getting into watering plants in a tent that got me wondering about drippers,being a big lump I sometimes struggle when wattering & dont like to bring the plants out of their enviroment.

p&q

My friend has that problem but came up with a genius and very simple idea.

Cut up a water hose into correct lengths. Tape each section to a different plant pot and putting the other end of each hose where you can access (front of tent or something) . Label your pots 1-10 and then each hose 1-10 (or however many plants you have or cannot reach) and then when it comes to watering, use a 1 litre jug and poor your water down each hose section.

Obviously have a slight decline when watering so the water goes into the pot but it is a cheap solution to your problem. My friend has set his up so the hoses are at the front of his grow room attached to a beam so all he has to do is open the door and poor water down each hose section. The bad part to this though is, as you know from my other thread, my friends plants have thrips and I am sure if he physically had to water them he would have spotted them earlier :smoke: Still, a good solution to accessability problems!

Hope this makes sense mate :rofl:

e2a - cheers mate, I had a quick scan through Owds threads but there is a wealth of information in there and at the time I didnt have much time. I will re-visit there later today and steal his schedule :rofl:lol

Edited by namaste666
  • Like 4