Growing In A DR60?

Indica Monkey

Hey all. One problem i have found with my dr60 is heating during lights out. The unit i was using has been nuking one of my babys. I have been using a nastey £15 room heater from Argos. Today i got to thinking about reptiles and with that headed to my local reptile center. There i purchased a habitstat vivarium thermostat with a ceramic heat emmiter. No nastey hot air being blown around and silent. I am very much hoping this sorts the problem. I will post later and let you know how i get on. Great thread btw

• 1 month later...

Ok so i thought i better update. The ceramic heater i returned to the shop, but i did keep the thermostat and bought a 80w tube type heater from greens horticulture. All problems sorted :) and the heater from greens is a perfect fit in a dr60. i got a 400w duel spec bulb today which i am going to run in a cooltube. Ventilation is 4" active. I am wondering wether to increase the extraction to a 5" fan and ducting. I am already running a fan speed controller.

Do you guys think the 4" and cooltube will be ok?

lil polite bump and any one put a 600w in a dr60 2 or think it would work

I don't think a 600w in a space the size of a dr60 would be a good idea mate. I am worried about summer with my 400w in a cooltube. Alot of peeps seem to be using 250w. I must admit though mate i am new to all this so i may be wrong but from what i have read in this thread 600w would be way more then is needed in such a small space. Keeping that baby cool i would imagine would be a bloody nightmare :D

All the best

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I'm new here i found this thread and had to join! anyway great thread, i have a couple of questions though i don't really want to put in hps lights as i feel they could give me away if the bobbys flew over my house with a thermal cam :( so I'm thinking I'll use cfl's 250w red 250 blue, veg and flowering, I'm just wondering what type of yields I'll get from 4 White Widow using these lights in my DR60? would i need more light than this?

Also wondering when i do install my carbon filter will it neutralize the smell completely from my room? this is a must for me as my neighbors are not the most trustworthy! forgive me i forgot to mention that this is my first grow ever....at the age of 35 and with the grit shit that's goin around i just have to.

Indica if your still here mate can you please let me know how you got on with your last grow i was following it intently but you just seemed to have stopped posting.

Many thanks for any replies, happy tokin!

Warrior :bong:

Hi all, I'm new here i found this thread and had to join! anyway great thread, i have a couple of questions though i don't really want to put in hps lights as i feel they could give me away if the bobbys flew over my house with a thermal cam :( so I'm thinking I'll use cfl's 250w red 250 blue, veg and flowering, I'm just wondering what type of yields I'll get from 4 White Widow using these lights in my DR60? would i need more light than this?

Also wondering when i do install my carbon filter will it neutralize the smell completely from my room? this is a must for me as my neighbors are not the most trustworthy! forgive me i forgot to mention that this is my first grow ever....at the age of 35 and with the grit shit that's goin around i just have to.

Indica if your still here mate can you please let me know how you got on with your last grow i was following it intently but you just seemed to have stopped posting.

hello mate this is one thred i have looked thew meny times i have a dr60 and use a 250w hps with my outake gingin to my bigger dr90 and 400w then a 6" low powerd fan so a 250w hps is eazly manige abull in a dr60 but if you realy want to use cfls i would want to have bouth 250ws at the same time 1 red 1 blue but the saveing you would bake from runng a 250w hps dont make it worth it an d you want the filter on from the start but if you have to wate to get 1 make shore you get it befor flowering or it just gunner stink of skunk ummmmmmmm cant help on yield much mate

• Like 2

I'd go for the hps light a wee 250 would do nicely in there and the chopper will never get that it's the smell to be wary of :smokin: Cheezehead :bong:

• Like 1

My other post was for you mate :)

• Like 1

i have a DR60 too and run a 400 watt in a cooltube with 5"rhino/ruck and passive intakes, temperatures are bang on and i have also a negative pressure that is up there with the best of them :)

Peace

Cannabliss

• Like 2

Cheers for your help lads i much appreciate it, The hps, It seems to be the general consensus that they are better and as cheezehead says i wont get nicked with a 250w in there??? i think i'll have to chance it!

What about the smell though do CF do the job or do they just help a bit? of course i will get one but am para about it i don't wanna be runnin around sprayin fabreeze all day :wink: and with the neighbors i have my nerves wouldn't cope lol

• Like 1

What about the smell though do CF do the job or do they just help a bit? of course i will get one but am para about it i don't wanna be runnin around sprayin fabreeze all day :wink: and with the neighbors i have my nerves wouldn't cope lol

a carbon filter is a essential piece of equipment for any grow room, if you dont have one of these bad boys then say goodbye to your plants cos it wont be long till your door gets booted in cos of the smell!!

no smell, no tell and no sell and youll be fine mucker :guitar:

Peace Cannabliss

• Like 1

Thanks cannabliss, one last thing i am thinkin maybe i might put another cf on my active intake just as an extra precaution, do you think this is a good idea mate? or would it defeat the purpose and hinder the air flow coming into the tent, I'm sorry if i sound thick lol this is my first time and i want to get it right and above all NOT GET CAUGHT!

:hippy: warrior :bong:

a carbon filter isn't required on your intake man it would just be pointless, as long as you have a good negative pressure in your tent and no leaks inbetween ducting there'll be no smell my friend :)

Enjoy your new found hobby :)

Cannabliss

Great stuff man thanks for putting my mind at easy :skin_up: so that's it then my mind is made, I will be getting my 250w HPS+CF tomorrow £140 for both plus a MH blub (i think thats a good price) and this baby will be up and runnin in no time i'll get pic's up as soon as i see signs of life....can't wait :yahoo:

:yinyang: warrior :bong:

i have a DR60 too and run a 400 watt in a cooltube with 5"rhino/ruck and passive intakes, temperatures are bang on and i have also a negative pressure that is up there with the best of them :)

Peace

Cannabliss

Hay cannabliss what sorta yields do you get m8 as I tryed my 400w in a cool tube but only got about 5-6 oz I'm thinking this was a bit low for a 400 now I got my dr90 it seams I am going to yield about the same per sq ft so I shold be on to a good yield this time

Great stuff man thanks for putting my mind at easy :skin_up: so that's it then my mind is made, I will be getting my 250w HPS+CF tomorrow £140 for both plus a MH blub (i think thats a good price) and this baby will be up and runnin in no time i'll get pic's up as soon as i see signs of life....can't wait :yahoo:

:yinyang: warrior :bong:

What size fan you got mate and don't worry a filter will stop the smell in its tracks I have got up and smelt the air comeing from my fan and it was just a light smell of carbon

• Like 2