Growing In A DR60?

Indica Monkey

Hmm a 400w light you say, tbh i'm barely cooling my 250w enough, it sits around 28C, thats with a powerful 5" out and 4" in. Seems to be working well for my scrog though.

Well I'm pretty confident I could cool a 400, atm I have a 150w hps with a 20w CFL and a 20w tube fluoro in there with a 2 foot tube heater to get the temps up to spec. My vent fan is turned right down and never clicks onto full speed, my grow is in the cellar with an open window and it's only going to get cooler down there as the winter gets closer. I'm not set on the 400 yet it's just a possibility atm, just wanting some opinions really.

Any chance of seeing some pics of your scrog?

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply but I only just got my camera back. Congrats on your grow by the way :blushing: Looks nice and frosty :headpain:

Heres the dr60 scrog (Thseeds - The Hog)

post-4282-1223153937_thumb.jpg

post-4282-1223153947_thumb.jpg

around 2 weeks into flower. I think mine would take a 400w now the weathers changed, since i'm in a shed its difficult if it's hot weather.

Edited by ben

Thanks for the kind words m2jlv, I don't feel like the grow turned out well myself though. I'm actually pretty pissed off with the outcome but I have learned a few things about growing with such a small lamp, or at least I think I have.

I'm going with Mazar on the next grow, hopefully the Mazar will stay a little shorter and finish up a bit sooner than these Blue Cheese that I currently have on the go. Now it all depends on how long it takes the Blue Cheese to finish up and whether I can convince Mrs Monkey to let me get another grow on the go once I chop them.

That canopy is looking pretty tidy there Ben, how many plants have you got under there and what medium/nutes/etc are you using to grow them?

Got 5 hog girls, 5 only because that's what I happened to have at the time. Probably would of done 2 or 4 otherwise. They're in JAB compost in 6.5l pots and i've been using Biosevia grow and bloom on them.

Been watering with a long lance type pump up sprayer thingy, works well so far, gets to the back nice and easy.

td 160 4" intake and airforce 5" out

I'll get a pic from underneath, the net is quite high up as I didn't decide to scrog till late on.

Thanks for the info Ben, on my next grow I'll be growing just the one plant probably using LST. Would you suggest using an 11ltr pot or one of those 6.5l pots? I'm guessing the 11ltr but just be nice to get a second opinion, you seem to know what you're doing here.

m2jlv - I would stay away from the 400w lamp to be honest with you, I was playing with the idea of using one but with a cooltube and separate RVK/ruck fan to cool it (I have quite a bit of experience with large lamps in small spaces). I would suggest a 250w HPS if you're thinking of an upgrade, where is your tent located? This is also important when it comes to cooling a large lamp in a small area, what are the temps outside the tent?

Thanks for the info Ben, on my next grow I'll be growing just the one plant probably using LST. Would you suggest using an 11ltr pot or one of those 6.5l pots? I'm guessing the 11ltr but just be nice to get a second opinion, you seem to know what you're doing here.

m2jlv - I would stay away from the 400w lamp to be honest with you, I was playing with the idea of using one but with a cooltube and separate RVK/ruck fan to cool it (I have quite a bit of experience with large lamps in small spaces). I would suggest a 250w HPS if you're thinking of an upgrade, where is your tent located? This is also important when it comes to cooling a large lamp in a small area, what are the temps outside the tent?

I'd go for the 11l mate for just 1 plant.

Some nice looking buds on this thread, inspiring stuff. I've recently got a DR60 myself, currently on my 1st real grow with it. 2 x LR2 & 2 x LR2xAK47, 250w hps, 125 ruck & phat filter. The attached pic is of 5 weeks in, it's nearly a week old.

post-33150-1224288649_thumb.jpg

Looking good there niceneasy, seems you wont be suffering from the xmas drought this year.

I will be taking my remaining three down tonight and then the tent will be getting packed away unless I can convince a friend of mine to do a grow with it, I'll have to invite her over for a smoke and convince her it's a good idea.

Looking good there niceneasy, seems you wont be suffering from the xmas drought this year.

I will be taking my remaining three down tonight and then the tent will be getting packed away unless I can convince a friend of mine to do a grow with it, I'll have to invite her over for a smoke and convince her it's a good idea.

Cheers Indica Monkey, yeah I thought I'd get in ahead of the crimbo dealer rush this year. No street weed for me - :spliff:. Hope you get a decent weight off the last 3 & convince your mate. I think your results will speak for themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's been three weeks with no plants to care for and I just cant take it any more, it's as if a major part of my soul has died. I suppose it's a good job I dropped two Mazar beans in a jar of water lastnight, eh? I cant decide whether it was a good move or a bad move, as long as Mrs Monkey doesn't find out it's a good move I suppose :spliff:

I have done a little rearranging since the last grow, I couldn't get away with buying a new lamp as that would have got me busted before I even dug the seeds out. Instead I have to learn to be more efficient with the 150w HPS I already have installed, this can only be a good thing really. I have given the tent a good clean and moved the tube heater and thermostat inside the tent in an attempt to get the meter spinning a little slower. Apart from the heating system the tent is as it was before, minus the Blue Cheese of course.

I shall be getting the seeds out of the water and placing them in three inch pots filled with BioBizz Light Mix somewhere around 14:00 tomorrow if all goes to plan, wish me luck.

post-33160-1226094806_thumb.jpg

post-33160-1226094835_thumb.jpg

Well the heater has been running for six hours inside the tent today and the house hasn't burned to the ground yet so things look like they're going to be OK with having the heater inside the tent.

I placed the seeds inside three inch pots filled with moist Light Mix at around two o'clock today and wrapped the pots in clingfilm to get the humidity up, I turned the thermostat to 22C and set the pc fans running to mix the air up and ensure there were no hot or cold spots inside the tent. Now it's just a waiting game, hopefully they will break the surface in a few days and we'll be away.

On a side note; when I was down there cleaning the area up for these beans I spotted all this Blue Cheese trim I have left over for a BHO run, I'll probably get that done next weekend.

post-33160-1226175715_thumb.jpg

post-33160-1226175753_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's been a couple of weeks and things are looking OK in the tent, the two seeds sprouted after a day or two and are well on their way. They have plenty of roots poking out the bottom of the little three inch pots and have started to go a little pale. I am waiting on some root grow (VAM fungi) arriving via Royal Mail as I want to use this on the seedlings before transplanting but if the package isn't with me tomorrow then I think I'll just have to re-pot using Seer rockdust and Maxicrop seaweed extract leaving the rootgrow until the next pot-up which isn't ideal. Hopefully the RootGrow will turn up tomorrow and all will be well, but if not I'll get it done and put up some pictures anyway.

Although these Mazar haven't really begun yet I already know what strain the next grow is to be, some of these Killer Skunk seeds just happened to fall into my lap today and they have me quite excited. They look like some really good seeds, really big, hard and dark with a pattern on the shell, not like these Big Budda or Dutch Passion pale puney seeds.

post-33160-1227300132_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, im planning on getting a drs60 with 250w hps within the next few weeks, and seeing some of the grows you guys have done in them has convinced me!

i was going to do a 2 plant scrog, im guessing i could fit 2 round 20litre pots in there. my question is would i want smaller pots, like the 11 litre ones bieng used by some of you?

thanks!