Growing In A DR60?

Indica Monkey

Looking around this forum I haven't had much luck in finding many threads where people are growing in the DR60/DRS160 which I was hoping I would as I have recently purchased a DR60 myself and germinated some seeds inside it, so I have decided to take it upon myself to start up a thread dedicated the DR60 and getting the most out of one. To make this possible I'll need the help of other DR60 users which I'm sure there's gotta be a few, I can't see there being loads of us out there as these things are really quite small. This is why (I think) we all need to put our heads together and discuss what's working/not working for us.

The DR60 measures in at just 60x60x140cm, which would be brilliant for a 250w hps. I'm running a 150w hps in there as I don't smoke a massive amount of pot these days so don't need such a great yield, I'm hoping to grow some connoisseur grade cannabis in my tent rather than a ton of mediocre stuff. I also have a 70w mh on standby incase the 150w looks to be failing me, plus a few 18w cfl's and a fluoro tube. I imagine most DR60 users will be growing with enviro's or similar cfl's but I wanted to give them a miss as they don't seem to have the same whack as hid lighting.

The setup;

As I have already mentioned the main lighting for my tent is a 150w hps running a son-t-plus, with a few other options to bulk up the lighting should I need it. I am currently using the HPS to heat the tent with a fluoro tube over my seedlings to get them off the ground until they are ready for the HPS as a light source.

Ventilation is all down to an RVK125 coupled up with the budget carbon filter from Greens and accoustic ducting where I could fit it in. The ducting holes on the DR60 didn't look like they would allow me to install accoustic ducting though them so I opted for standard 125mm ducting on that end of the fan. The fan is running on a speed controller/thermostat contraption that I wired together thanks to the info from OT1. This setup runs silent on the lower speed when temps are in line (99% of the time) and very quiet when running at full speed, as the end of the ducting run is concealed next to my boiler you wouldn't think the noise suspicious anyway.

For the roots I have chosen to go the compost route rather than hydro for a couple of reasons, mainly for noise but also the taste issue. I know using just a 150w lamp and compost is not going to yield me a massive amount but as I've said before I'm not chasing a massive amount anyway. I have germinated the seeds in three inch pots filled with BioBizz lightmix, to be potted up into six inch pots filled with Westplus Advanced and then onto 11ltr pots to finish them off in. I will be feeding just BioBizz Grow and Bloom when the time comes. I know this is not totally organic as I'm using the westplus but for a first grow it's close enough and eventually I think I will move towards 100% organig growing, one step at a time though :rofl:

The seedlings you can see here are Big Buddah Blue Cheese, I see that BB is not the most loved guy on this forum but lets hope his seeds live upto expectations :stoned:

I would really apprciate it if other DR60/DRS60 users chimed in with their methods/experience that would really benefit me and the rest of us smalltime growers :punk:

OK that's enough rambling for now here's the photo's.

post-33160-1214141685_thumb.jpg

Edited by Indica Monkey

hey dude me mate grows in 1 of these darkroom the dr60 , normally 2/3 plants , and uses a 250hps , the only problems he encounted was the hight issue , but now he lst hes plants and get a good canopy of buds id recommend doing that 2 , or just 1 plant scrog gud luck mate

• Like 1

hey dude me mate grows in 1 of these darkroom the dr60 , normally 2/3 plants , and uses a 250hps , the only problems he encounted was the hight issue , but now he lst hes plants and get a good canopy of buds id recommend doing that 2 , or just 1 plant scrog gud luck mate

Thanks for the info robotroberts, I had considerd the height issue and I plan to train them using BigFatJ's super simple scrog method. He uses chopsticks or something similar taped to each corner of the pots with mesh on top of the sticks and then each pot has it's own screen. It very easy, cheap and looks to be very effective also - time will tell I suppose.

Thanks for the info robotroberts, I had considerd the height issue and I plan to train them using BigFatJ's super simple scrog method. He uses chopsticks or something similar taped to each corner of the pots with mesh on top of the sticks and then each pot has it's own screen. It very easy, cheap and looks to be very effective also - time will tell I suppose.

thats a great steup how much cash didi that cost and have u grown befor

Hey monkey,

I've got a drs60 with a 250w hps in a cooltube, 100mm RVK and carbon filter, using bio bizz all mix, bio grow and bloom. I'm on my first grow in this setup, i'm 6 weeks into flowering 3 white widows. I've got a diary of the grow if you want to check it out, the link's in my sig. I'm just after a decent personal stash too and i'm sure the setup will do that.

Good luck! lol

• Like 1

Cheers Tony89, let's hope I can do the business with it!!

As for the cost, I dread to think. I guess I'm gonna upset myself writing this lot down and working it out, I'll probably have to spend more as time goes by too - beats buying grit weed and supporting murderers though lol

DR60 - £50, I got lucky with this as I ordered the DRS60 (cheaper version) but Greens had none in stock and because I had paid extra for Saturday delivery they sent me the DR60 as that would be the only day I would be around to open the door to the courier.

RVK125 - £60

125mm Accoustic ducting - £12 (£6/meter), I pad for two but recieved four.

125mm standard ducting - £12.50, a box containing 10meters

Budget 125mm Carbon Filter - £40

Speed controller - £12

Digital thermostat with probe - £30

150w hps/mh/cmh ballast - £30

150w son-t-plus - £10

Reflector - A freebie from my friends headshop, I saw it in the backroom and asked her what she wanted for it. She told me I could have it, she didn't want things like that in her shop.

Two foot fluoro tube fixture n tube - Found in my cellar when I moved into this house.

Easy Roll light hangers - £12 (2 pairs)

120w tube heater - £30

60x60cm tray and four 11ltr pots - £11

BioBizz lightmix - £10

Westplus Advanced - £7

Three inch pots - £1

BioBizz Grow - £9

BioBizz Grow - £9

Various wires, terminal blocks, pc fans, etc layin around the house.

I'm sure there's more I've forgotton, but that's the basics. So about £400 for this list. :rofl:

:wink:.. not the first time Greens done that.. I ordered a DR80 a while back and they sent me a DR100 either by mistake or cause the other was out of stock..

They are good tents.. but may need some work round the zips to prevent light likes...

Also one weak point seems to be the plastic corners.. I managed to break one, putting it down.. Greens were good as gold though and replaced it for me free of charge.. good luck with the tent:)

Yeah the zips aren't as tough as they could be really, but it's not a problem where I have the tent. I have it set up inside a room I made in my cellar so it's in total darkness anyhow, but if you are setting up a tent in lit room then you'll deffinately need to do something to sort the zips out, maybe create a curtain from black and white poly inside the tent door velcro'd to the walls/frame.

I will bare in mind the point about the corners, I'm not really planning on dismantling the tent but if I find myself doing so in the future I'll watch out for that.

Im running with the same tent and just entered week 8 of flower using 2x250W Envirolites. I have 6 plants (vegged for 4 weeks) in 5.5l pots, I had to do alot of LST to keep them in check, height hasnt been an issue but I do think its too overcrowded with the six plants, next time I'll go with just 4 plants and slightly longer veg.

For me the tent has been my best buy, its kept everything in one place, allows great access for maintenence and compliments my stealth requirements by fitting into my utility cupboard perfectly.

i've just bought a dr60 to use as my mother room, nice bits of kit really... got the 1.2 version also, only 1 or 2 tiny pinhole leaks at the zip, very very easily fixed

cant fault them at all

hi guys,

not really relevant i know but i'm using a dr 240.....great tent but still has same problem with seems and zips leaking pin pricks of light :ninja:

anyway mate nice little setup.....good luck :rofl:

hey monkey, ive got a bud box which is 1x1x1.60m so abit bigger than urs but you can grow in there no probs, best bet would be a scrog as mentioned above which is what im going for next. at the mo i tie them down or lst which works well. bet your cellar is nice and cool aswell :ninja: