Growing In A DR60?

Indica Monkey

Yeah to be fair happyisme, it will be a little bit of trial and error to get things set up right... And you'll have to adjust as the weather changes throughout the year to adapt.

You'll be fine though mate, plenty to help you along on here...

Good luck with your growing!

RR

Hey road runner, thanks for the encouragement. I agree, it's all about trial and error. There are many good folk here at uk420 that I trust for a solution for any grow problem. It's exciting. Cheers man

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

I just took delivery of my DR60 today in my first attempt at a grow, and i've delighted to find this thread :)

I have another delivery due in 2 days, which will include:

400w dual spectrum bulb. with cooltube (i can stick in a 250w bulb if heat is too much of an issue)

400w Dimmable Lumatek Digital Ballast

5" ruck fan with Rhino carbon filter with acoustic ducting

I'm gonna order the seeds today if i can finally decide what im going to grow :chef:

There's 2 big garden centers within driving distance so i'm pretty sure i'll be able to get everything else i need there at the weekend, although im not sure about the nuits.... Are the nuits i should be using specially for weed? or will i be able to get what i need in the garden center?? And while i'm on the topic, is there anything i'm missing that cant be got in normal garden centers?

I plan on growing 2-3 plants in soil, and my first question is auto or photo? Is it easier for a beginner to go the auto route? And should the size of my tent having any bearing my the choice??

I had a lot more questions but my minds gone blank for the moment :oldtoker:

Any help would be greatly appreciated

ThaiStickler

Go with photo's. Autos have their place but you're better of learning to grow a photoperoid plant in the beginning

I'd recommend putting up a net in your dr60 and doing a scrog. Btw temps should be fine with a cooltube 400w and a 5inch fan

• Like 2

Go with photo's. Autos have their place but you're better of learning to grow a photoperoid plant in the beginning

I'd recommend putting up a net in your dr60 and doing a scrog. Btw temps should be fine with a cooltube 400w and a 5inch fan

Cheers for the reply,

Yeah i'll prob go photo so, i was worried about the height of the tent but after reading more, it should be fine. How many plants should i go for, if i'm doing a scrog? 1-2?

And hopefully your right about the temps :), thanks again.

Edited by ThaiStickler

in 6ltr or 7.5 ltr pots youll get2/3 it will be tight but youll get them in there .

you could go for 9 3.5 ltr pots and single/double cola your girls .

• Like 1

I just put one photo plant in my DR60 in a 20ltr DWC bubbler and get a very nice bushy plant and yield 5-7oz without using a scrog :yep:

• Like 1

4 in 6.5l pots is what I do in those size tents and expect 1.5oz plants on average yield so 6oz roughly. Number of plants depends on how big you want them.

• Like 1

med_gallery_71219_5620_114556.jpgmed_gallery_71219_5620_224017.jpg

Single Oldtimes plant in a dr60 with a 600W, too much really but I didn't have anything less and the tent was there... lol
approx 8-10L mesh bin coco

The tent is now sideways on top of my other tent and being used for veg

• Like 2

Cheers for the reply,

Yeah i'll prob go photo so, i was worried about the height of the tent but after reading more, it should be fine. How many plants should i go for, if i'm doing a scrog? 1-2?

And hopefully your right about the temps :), thanks again.

Go for the biggest pots you can, and do 1-2 plants. I'd go for 2 because it will mean you don't have to veg as long

@@ismokepot what was the yield from a 600 in that area? im interested because i use a 600 in a tiny space too

Edited by 818

I'm with indicatoker on this I usually have 4 in but have had 16 in in small pots when I was looking for a mum

but 4 with a bit of veg is sound

atb

crackpot

nutes from wilcos

@ I didn't weigh it but I think the big jars are normally about 3oz, I'd guess about 8-9oz so under .5gpw lol

• Like 1

Only done 1 grow in my dr60 and managed 3oz pretty poor lol this time round I'm gonna run 4 girls in there once sexed and hope for around 5oz