mr. clean

2 minutes ago, Exile420 said:

I shit you not pal.

26 minutes ago, Tommy tucker said:

Shitty comments these .

Brown nosers :nenenenene:

• Like 1

Super Fruity!  Come and get it, slugs!

Been making a few slug traps for the GG plot.  It's a matter of using what's to hand.  These have lids to keep out some of the Welsh rain.

large.5ec3be6da6984_slugtraps.jpg

Also heard that beer is not required - it's the yeast that attracts them - so they'll be filled with a mix of yeast, sugar, flour and water.

I'll let you know how it goes.

:yinyang:

• Like 7

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Slug collar and a 9v battery/copper wire electric fence around each of my pots , seems to have worked outstandingly well this year. First time using them, looking flawless so far.

Had the collars on for about a month before I set the fences up around the edge of the pots, so they got a chance to prove themselves on their own.

Edited by Cashmere Moments
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

wild life is afraid of fire.....so found a product in Germany ...there is extensive wild life there......it cointains smoke aroma.....and tried it with succes....if i could still smell smoke i did not put extra on a it....i apply it on some piece of cloth and let is swing near the plant on a stick approx 50 cm high

https://www.duenger-shop.de/Vergraemung/Wildabweiser/Wildabweiser-Arbin-500-ML.html

https://www.duenger-shop.de/images/product_images/info_images/neoarbin.jpg

=================

got my eye on something like this....should work also and is cheaper...

De bronafbeelding bekijken

and still can use it in the kitchen:)

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

anti slug:

vaseline mixed with ordinary kitchen salt.

cheap and effective.

copper tape fades away in 1 year....i found it to be expensive and not realiable.

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone ever had an irrigation line like a long run of hosepipe to and around a plot? And any issues with rabbits or voles chewing at it? Planning on leaving it out all season 

• 1 month later...

Has anybody ever had any problems with being discovered from the air? Not so much drones, but police helicopters? We get a few round our way. Any tips for disguising from above?

We’re going to plant in a more natural fashion ie not in rows but more scattered around the plot.

We are not turning the whole plot just digging holes and planting, will will also loosen up and add coco etc to the soil around the holes so there won’t be lots of disturbed earth.

I can’t think of anything else really that will not cause shade.

1 hour ago, Guerilla Blue said:

Has anybody ever had any problems with being discovered from the air? Not so much drones, but police helicopters? We get a few round our way. Any tips for disguising from above?

We’re going to plant in a more natural fashion ie not in rows but more scattered around the plot.

We are not turning the whole plot just digging holes and planting, will will also loosen up and add coco etc to the soil around the holes so there won’t be lots of disturbed earth.

I can’t think of anything else really that will not cause shade.

I think you've got it covered.

Small numbers, randomly scattered, holes not beds - good to go :yep:

Also, it's bloody hard to spot a grow from the sky so you'll have nothing to worry about. I've grown near a domestic airport before (500 meters away) with no stress :yinyang:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Topdeck said:

Also, it's bloody hard to spot a grow from the sky so you'll have nothing to worry about. I've grown near a domestic airport before (500 meters away) with no stress :yinyang:

Cheers for that mate. Appreciated.

• Like 2

On 31/03/2021 at 2:42 PM, Topdeck said:

Ime no pilot but when your 500 meters from the landing strip don’t think ide be nosing about either lol

• Like 2

On 16/09/2020 at 1:43 AM, Cashmere Moments said:

Slug collar and a 9v battery/copper wire electric fence around each of my pots , seems to have worked outstandingly well this year.

This looks like a cheap interesting method, I’ve a few laying around I’ll have to try rig up 

• Like 1