Grobag's Hash Thread

grobag

As I say, there is just not enough head room in this grow and I am going to have to take down the train set and grow in the whole room instead. It is a shame as it was a really good cover where you would never guess that there was a grow underneath in that room. Never mind, nobody who comes around goes up to my part of the house up there anyway so I am confident that nobody is going to find it. There is just the two of us living here and only we go upstairs, there is no need for anybody else to go up there (unless I pull, but even then they won't go near the grow room as that is in a spare room which I can lock).

Here are a couple of pictures of the outside of the grow room as it is today (Trumpton/Thomas the Tank Engine!):

post-5967-1255995611_thumb.jpg

post-5967-1255995619_thumb.jpg

ETA: Note that it is usually dark outside the room, the flash is on in these pictures. That is why there is a drying rack on the side as it is a good place to hang a few buds drying. Nice and warm, dark and dry. There's not space for too much but it makes a good place for those smokes you want to get done a bit quicker to try out and smoke test first, with the rest drying elsewhere a little bit slower for jarring and curing after.

As you can see, it is quite low so that I can only have 1 x 400w in there and even that is too low and too hot so that I am really having to work around it and grow in a 'stadium' fashion instead of giving them all a nice even space and spread of light.

Things are all going to change tomorrow and I will take a lot of new photos of the room after I have had a chance to upgrade it to the whole room. Not only will I be able to space the plants out better, use bigger pots, fit more in, veg for longer, and keep the light away from them to the correct distance, but I will now also be able to either use the 600w I have or 2 x 400w with both red and blue lamps in them whenever I wish (HPS/Metal Halide).

So from now on I'll keep updating at least every few days and you can see how the grow room shapes up, how the plants grow and mature, what and when I chop down and then the hash and oils that I make from the trims and popcorn buds compared to the buds themselves, dried and then cured.

[sorry mods that I am putting bud shots, grow room design and hash making all in one lot of posts in a forum that may not be entirely apt, but I think it is all relevant to the hash and oil making in this case. So I thought I'd put it all here rather than starting an entire new diary and duplicating things in different forums. Plus I will definately update it in here, whereas I might be more slack keeping a corresponding grow/growroom diary at the same time. So appologies in advance but I think it will work this way - there won't be too many more room and plant pictures before it is entirely dominated by hash and oil making again, promise].

Til next time folks. lol (I wish I still had all my old smileys I left in the mod room - at least they are being put to good use. I'll have to find them all and save them again.)

Edited by grobag

• 2 months later...

hey grobag, i wanted to say thanx for all the info. but i have one question.... is the product that you end up with considered gold dust? or do you know how to make gold dust? i would appreciate it. from what ive heard they use co2 but i dont know.

:rofl::doh:

anyway thanks again. the yellow goo looks amazing.

• 5 months later...

So I've been making hash oil via commercial salt shaker method - straight injection of butane with a french press screen & coffee filter on the shaker end & nail hole in the bottom to inject gas thru. Very interested in the soaking / french press method. What kind of yield are you getting- ie: per 100g of trim, how much oil are you returning on an average? Also, with the french press method, if I'm using a 1 Quart coffee pot, how much dry material and how much butane will I need? And what is your soak time- I've had chlorophyl issues before...

Peace & thanks for the thread! Very informative....

• 6 months later...

Nepalese 'super crystal' pollen. Pokhara, Nepal, 2010. by far the best we found. 100% clean.

gallery_45010_3110_51033.jpg

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Wow yes that really is a nice pollen :P can you often find this there? im going there before to long for sure!

Edited by redbeard

• 1 month later...

well just finished reading this thread, took most of the night!! some awesome hash you've made there Grobag. I must say i love hash and you have inspired me to make some when my grow is finished. Just hope it turns out like yours.

Wow yes that really is a nice pollen :P can you often find this there? im going there before to long for sure!

Hi mate

yes, there's alot of hash and charas about in Nepal. it's not hard at at all to score. Unfortunately, the bad habit of cutting resin with turps etc has crept in and alot of the street gear is spoiled as a result (ironically, some of it would have been ok before they mixed it).

Pokhara is where you want to go for good solids (as a starting point anyway). Ask around in the hippy part of town which is called Khahare - wont take you long to score. Smoking is quite open once you're in that part of Pokhara.

That said, yes, this is very good hash and you'll be hard pushed to find better!

cheers!

• 1 month later...

Well just finished reading this thread, took most of the night!! Some awesome hash you've made there grobag. I must say i love hash and you have inspired me to make some when my grow is finished. Just hope it turns out like yours.

It's great to see that this thread has inspired you to have a go yourself, that's the entire point of posting it all up. :guitar:

You will find that with a little bit of experience it really is very easy. Hopefully I have explained well enough, with various pictures, for it to be very easy to follow. Just ask away though if there is anything you are unsure of or need clarifying. Good luck.

Limegreen: Nice hash, I do love a nice bit of Nepali, though it has probably been about a year now since I last had any. I'll probably be going there myself at some point over the next year to make some again as I'll be living over that side of the world. I'll post more pictures of this as and when.

I forgot to save all of my last pictures to disc before I moved back down to Cornwall recently so I don’t have al the pictures of the latest hashes I made and all of the recent imports I’ve acquired. Ho hum, they are not very different from those that I have already posted though so it’s not too bad.

Good luck everyone and happy hashing. :pirate:

hey grobag, top post mate and some great hash, very inspiring to read, and a great guide to, keep up the good work, regards graeto

Awesome thread I really enjoyed reading it through, I made an extractor from an old bong, and used some leftover stuff from last year that had seeded and id cured anyway, the result was fantastic, I now cant wait to try from this years efforts, also thanks to you the pleasant new realm of the jelly hash has been discovered :)

I think it was on page 8 or 9 I had to stop reading and empty the grinder!!!

the possibilities with cannabis are seemingly endless

• 2 months later...

Brilliant thread dude, inspired me no ends and ive just this minute ordered myself some bubble bags and a coffe pot :) Now all i have to do is wait for my grow to finish . !! Cheers man