Grobag's Hash Thread

grobag

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Sorry I've not updated but I'll show you why...

I've been growing a mixed load of strains with this grow as it has panned out. A friend of mine in Cornwall helped me out when I first started up this grow with some cuttings. He never labels his plants! but said that I had a mixture of two strains. One being the UK cheese (which I gave him years back), and the second being a strain called Barry White. As it has turned out, however, is that I have got lots of different strains which came from a mixed bag of all sorts with some cheese and Barrry White in there too. I just need to smoke test them all and see what I have got. Luckily I kept cuttings of every plant so I will not loose a strain through cropping with these first few waves of flowering.

So...as a result, they all have different growing and flowering patterns, all need different levels of feed, different spaces, pots and all sorts. All that and this is also my first grow in this house and in this space. Plus I have cobbled together all of the equipment and hand made a lot of it. I am finally getting there now though.

At the moment my grow is under a railway set which comes to just above waist height, so I do not have enough head room to hang the light, let alone hanging more which is what I would like to do. So I have made the decision that I will use the whole room (it is only a small room anyway) so that I can get the height, and get rid of the railway set. Then I will do one big crop for the moment to last me rather than doing a small rolling one which gives me a small amount at regular intervals.

Anyway...

Without further ado I thought that I would show my plants as they are in their current state so you could see where I am and follow me through the whole thing from crop to hash and oil in real time. I will show you as I crop each plant, and as they are all different strains, they will make slightly different little bits of hashes and oils. That's the plan anyway.

Bare in mind that as there are so many variants involved with this first crop, along side trying to get the room up to scratch and running properly, the plants could be in better health and are showing various signs of problems due to many things that I have had to keep on top of. Don't think too badly of me because of the state of these plants.

I'll post a picture per post for a bit as they are the size for only one per post without me having to resize them again.

So here goes:

post-5967-1255991076_thumb.jpg

A tall skinny one despite being in a really small pot and flowered when small.

Next one:

Has devil horns/fox-tails because it grew really quickly too close to the light and burned its tip and then recovered around it forming two littler heads :wink:

post-5967-1255991604_thumb.jpg

A different plant:

post-5967-1255992406_thumb.jpg

ETA: Check its plethora of problems - you can tell I'm an experienced grower eh? Not :blub:

Edited by grobag

A different one again - this was a bit of a mutant right from the start anyway. It has grown into two main stems but one of them is far too haevy for its small stem as I only grew them in small pots and flowered them early when they were very small. So one of them is held up with a bamboo pole:

post-5967-1255992942_thumb.jpg

Here's some of the next wave coming through, these are 3 or 6 weeks younger than the previous plants (the first went in to 12/12 on 13th August, then the next on 3rd September, then on 24th September - 6 plants; 5; 4 respectively). These include the Cheese as there wasn't actually any in the first wave because it turned out only had 1 Cheese plant and being a bit smaller than the rest, I didn't take any cuttings off it until the second wave! Remember I was initially told that half of what I originallly started with were Cheese - my mate Pedro Fandango makes me laugh - he's a good bloke and a top, experienced grower but he never has and never will label his plants. As he's nearing 60 now he'll not change his ways and to be honest, you'd never want him to, he's one of the few true characters in life. These are also the result of years of whittling out what he likes to smoke the most - that's all that matters to him, he really doesn't care what it's called nor its heritage - so they are a mixed variety of rare sorts.

Anyway....

post-5967-1255993730_thumb.jpg

I'll finish with a few group shots so that you can see 1) all of the problems I have been tackling with these various plants and 2) so that you can get an idea of scale as they are not very tall plants and can't currently get any taller because of the limited head room. I'll show that in the next posts though and how that will change.

So here they all are, then follow various group shots and close ups of a few of the main buds:

post-5967-1255994564_thumb.jpg

post-5967-1255994575_thumb.jpg

post-5967-1255994625_thumb.jpg

post-5967-1255994634_thumb.jpg