Grobag's Hash Thread

grobag

Just out of interest gro - and sorry for jacking the thread re:budder - but how many hits/joints/pipes or whatever would u get from a gram of your delicious oil cos im sure at the end of the day with the genetics u sed and the skill u got Im sure this budder cant be much better if it is at al than what u make.

The budder will be nice but I guarantee that weight for weight that the Lot#5 oil is stronger but different. I've got some IPA on order and will get it soon. I'll make some budder then to prove a point. Plus I'll make it my way which will include water washing, quick wash Iso washing, purging then the 'whipping' that people seem to think is so vitally important. It will extract a wider range of cannabinoids which will make it a different stone but it will also extract contaminants with it which will 'water it down' in comparison the THC Trichome Treacle above.

For the moment though I'll be showing my prefered method of making a better product than that in my eyes.

:smoke:

Edit to add: How many hits per gram? - Well I'm a bit of a heavy toker so I'll prolly make about 4-5 joints from a gram. Knock your socks off though. :yes:

grobag you are right and the twat going on about "budder"(?) is wrong. ipa makes way less pure oil with a dirty brown colour to it. this is mainly because ipa dissolves chlorophill (can't spell!) and makes the product taste rank. don't waste your buds doing that when your method is so good!!

Just pinned this thread cos let's face it, 'tis a pretty good thread!

I'll properly update again soon to; there's a new chapter a comin'.

B)

Thank you for all the positive replies, gives me a warm feeling, a ready-brek glow as it were.

Edited by grobag

• 4 weeks later...

top quality thread, nice one grobag.

wouldn't like to think how long i've spent drooling over some of those pics

here are a couple of my efforts.....

1. Bubble Gum and Endless Sky dry sifted with 48T screen (135 micron), then pressed

2. Butane Honey Oil

3. some kiff mixed with BHO

4. Iso Oil and BHO just for comparison :wassnnme:

post-29290-1222801359_thumb.jpg post-29290-1222801376_thumb.jpgpost-29290-1222801386_thumb.jpgpost-29290-1222801343_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nice pics DotZero - got me drooling! lol

Blayz'd - I think it's because ISO removes much more from the plant, where as BHO is close to pure THC. I've never seen a picture comparison before though..... BHO for me I think! lol

Awesome thread BTW GroBag..... more to come I hope! :wassnnme:

Z.

Interesting post dot. Sweet pictures them. Why is there such a difference between the ISO and HBO?

cheers Blay'd and NoobyBud.....i think it was actually this thread i learned that isopropyl alcohol removes some contaminants such as the chlorophyll which gives it the darker colour.

Other way round I think....

Darker = more contaminants. But, "contaminants" is maybe a bit harsh. People have spoken of BHO lacking the flavour of the weed it's made from. I imagine ISO would have more of a taste from the plant, though I personally really like the taste of BHO.

Z.

i have to admit i definitely preferred the taste of BHO over Iso and the high aswell for that matter, but when i mixed the kiff and BHO that for me was the bomb......the combination of potency and taste, it was outstanding :yep:

i've still got a world of improvement to go but even with the lack of experience i managed to produce infinitely nicer smoke, than could be bought on the street

and all from my waste too ;)

i have to admit i definitely preferred the taste of BHO over Iso and the high aswell for that matter, but when i mixed the kiff and BHO that for me was the bomb......the combination of potency and taste, it was outstanding :yep:

i've still got a world of improvement to go but even with the lack of experience i managed to produce infinitely nicer smoke, than could be bought on the street

and all from my waste too ;)

Yeah man me too. I'm using all apart from a few buds next time. Full on hash and oil factory here when my grow's done. Still haven't experimented much with hash making. Impressed with oil though. Clean buzz off that stuff. I threw loads of BHO away the first few grows. Thrown a good few whole plants out that I messed up and couldn't smoke too. Live and learn though.

where as BHO is close to pure THC.

Read this elsewhere too, maybe from you yourself Sir Grobag, but am hoping not the case, as I'm about to butane a load of weed and trim that has had all the resin and therefore I assume most of the THC already iced off it. And I seem to vaguely remember that was the starting point of your other thread, with bubbled trim, so you must expect to get something else out after the THC is mainly extracted. So I'm hoping it's going to get all the other cannaboids that are still trapped somewhere in the plant material, That I can imagine will do the works especially with weed together. As you haven't taken a peek yet at my wierd "cafetière" boss.... I'm tempted to post it here too but it's not that pretty :D so please do take a peek boss please boss too kind bla bla boss, 'cause I'm about to blow my cans so to speak... or maybe you did as you seem to have been all over the place today but thought maybe to scent a troll skirmish brewing and decided outski was more prudent, but don't worry, boss, I won't rise to the bait :D I haven't just learnt a lot about oil (and hash, just for the record) reading your pages :wink: so please come on round soon it's dead cosy nowtoadays really and I've even managed to keep it envy-troll-free for a good while :rofl: and I put up the hash pics I couldn't pot you in the PM and have just done a load more with really good results. And when you have time of course I would greatly appreaciate your comments on my experiments since you last dropped by. When you have time of course :D as you must be a busy man, not through having to reply to so many queries but having to consume all this gear you've been making, 'cause if there's one thing that has become particularly obvious after reading your threads is that you, like myself but unlike a lot of peeps posting here , actually produce quite a lot of gear and consume it, even if the bro helps you out every now and again :spliff: You are your own main tester, as I mine... hard work, isn't it? lol Particularly touched to see the pack oif Smoking Black: quite the job for prolonged testing, niet? :smoke:

Good man, good thread, haven't finished it yet but look forward to the rest. One question: for BHO, if my filter is so fine that it'll take maybe half an hour for the butane to go through, should I maybe rather insulate the whole works to slow down evaporation rather than putting hot water underneath?

Thanks, lol Tilt! :rofl:

where as BHO is close to pure THC.

Read this elsewhere too, maybe from you yourself Sir Grobag, but am hoping not the case, as I'm about to butane a load of weed and trim that has had all the resin and therefore I assume most of the THC already iced off it. And I seem to vaguely remember that was the starting point of your other thread, with bubbled trim, so you must expect to get something else out after the THC is mainly extracted. So I'm hoping it's going to get all the other cannaboids that are still trapped somewhere in the plant material, That I can imagine will do the works especially with weed together. As you haven't taken a peek yet at my wierd "cafetière" boss.... I'm tempted to post it here too but it's not that pretty :D so please do take a peek boss please boss too kind bla bla boss, 'cause I'm about to blow my cans so to speak... or maybe you did as you seem to have been all over the place today but thought maybe to scent a troll skirmish brewing and decided outski was more prudent, but don't worry, boss, I won't rise to the bait :D I haven't just learnt a lot about oil (and hash, just for the record) reading your pages lol so please come on round soon it's dead cosy nowtoadays really and I've even managed to keep it envy-troll-free for a good while :rofl: and I put up the hash pics I couldn't pot you in the PM and have just done a load more with really good results. And when you have time of course I would greatly appreaciate your comments on my experiments since you last dropped by. When you have time of course :D as you must be a busy man, not through having to reply to so many queries but having to consume all this gear you've been making, 'cause if there's one thing that has become particularly obvious after reading your threads is that you, like myself but unlike a lot of peeps posting here , actually produce quite a lot of gear and consume it, even if the bro helps you out every now and again lol You are your own main tester, as I mine... hard work, isn't it? :unsure: Particularly touched to see the pack oif Smoking Black: quite the job for prolonged testing, niet? lol

Good man, good thread, haven't finished it yet but look forward to the rest. One question: for BHO, if my filter is so fine that it'll take maybe half an hour for the butane to go through, should I maybe rather insulate the whole works to slow down evaporation rather than putting hot water underneath?

Thanks, :yep: Tilt! :unsure:

Hi Tilt - the Butane is a solvent and dissolves the resin so it passes through any size filter - it's just the fine particles of dust and plant matter which will block or get through the fiber/fabric.

The Ice wash method breaks the resin glands off of the leaves and buds, which then need filtering out. Any resin on the surface of the plant matter not released by the ice water should be able to be collected using a solvent - butane in this case. I think that to get a good contact/wash of the resin by the solvent you need to let it stay in there for a while and the baster/honey bee type of devices don't really allow that. They do produce a great product but I've seen peeps getting a buzz off weed that's been through a Honey Bee so there's obviously stuff left behind. If you have the coffee pot tools to hand then I think this "total immersion" for a longer period of time must be better - the only problem is keeping it all cold enough to stop the butane evaporating too quickly - freeze everything before you use it including the filter papers and insulate your caffetier as much as possible. You don't need the hot water bath until you've got you're filtered butane in a pyrex dish - unless you're in a hurry. I've seen almost colourless honey oil and really dark too - it depends a lot on the state of the trychs when you make the oil - amber trychs = amber oil - colourless trychs makes the lightest oil which when buddered up turns white like putty - that really does impress the mates and usually a bit trippy.

freeze everything before you use it

Ta, Sin Humo, that makes sense to me. Including the weed to be used, I guess. It's the time I think it's going to take to get through the filter that worries me, and it's exactly those fine dust particles that will block it up... have one more go at finding coffee filters in this town... amazing what one takes for granted in GoB Supermarketland :D Does liquid butane flow just like water or more or less freely?

Always need to improvise here: just as well I love improvising, though less so maybe when explosive solvents come into the picture :(

Maybe the boss'll look in later :D

:toot: !TILT! :toot:

P.S. Think we should put a prize up here for the correct spelling of "cafetière" :blub: not completely sure I'm right, mind you.

Butane doesn't wet material in the same way water does - crispy weed stays crispy, it's a bit weird! The dust and small bits of veg don't all clump up and stick (like bits of paper in papier mache) so the butane does maintain a better flow through the filter paper. My mate uses the big round ones you get on large filter machines - they are included in with the bags of ground coffee and there are always more than you need - shame you couldn't pop round;)

Seems that there are a couple of ways to spell cafetiere and more uses than just coffee... I use an Aeropress myself - for a coffee that is but it might be the object of an experiment in the not too distant future.

I freeze everything beforehand. Make loads of ice and do most of the process in containers full of ice. I insulate my coffee thing (I can't spell it either :yinyang: ) with icewater while it does it's thing. To slow evaperation. I tend to end up with ice all over everything when I'm done too. That butane turns water to ice sharpish. Ice cubes will stick to it aswell. Still alive and kicking though so I don't believe there's any danger in this. It just means evaperation takes longer.

Edited by Blayz'd