Rock Dust.

murran

Your welcome mate sounds like a good mix notts, Rj :wink:

e2a: cut from wikipedia , most of its completely over my head, but might be relevant in some respects

"Basalt compositions are rich in MgO and CaO and low in SiO2 and Na2O plus K2O relative to most common igneous rocks, consistent with the TAS classification.

Basalt generally has a composition of 45-55 wt% SiO2, 2-6 wt% total alkalis, 0.5-2.0 wt% TiO2, 5-14 wt% FeO and 14 wt% or more Al2O3. Contents of CaO are commonly near 10 wt%, those of MgO commonly in the range 5 to 12 wt%.

High alumina basalts have aluminium contents of 17-19 wt% Al2O3; boninites have magnesium contents of up to 15% MgO. Rare feldspathoid-rich mafic rocks, akin to alkali basalts, may have Na2O plus K2O contents of 12% or more.

MORB basalts and their intrusive equivalents, gabbros, are the characteristic igneous rocks formed at mid-ocean ridges. They are tholeiites particularly low in total alkalis and in incompatible trace elements, and they have relatively flat REE patterns normalised to mantle or chondrite values. In contrast, alkali basalts have normalized patterns highly enriched in the light REE, and with greater abundances of the REE and of other incompatible elements. Because MORB basalt is considered a key to understanding plate tectonics, its compositions have been much studied. Although MORB compositions are distinctive relative to average compositions of basalts erupted in other environments, they are not uniform. For instance, compositions change with position along the Mid-Atlantic ridge, and the compositions also define different ranges in different ocean basins (Hofmann, 2003).

Isotope ratios of elements such as strontium, neodymium, lead, hafnium, and osmium in basalts have been much-studied, so as to learn about evolution of the Earth's mantle. Isotopic ratios of noble gases, such as 3He/4He, are also of great value: for instance, ratios for basalts range from 6 to 10 for mid-ocean ridge tholeiite (normalized to atmospheric values), but to 15-24+ for ocean island basalts thought to be derived from mantle plumes."

Hope it helps lol Rj

Edited by Rastajedi
  • Like 1

right all this thinking/planning`s getting me exited, im off to check on my plants then to get stoned out my tree. thanks for all the help everyone i really appreciate it :wink:

N.P

Your welcome mate sounds like a good mix notts, Rj lol

e2a: cut from wikipedia , most of its completely over my head, but might be relevant in some respects

"Basalt compositions are rich in MgO and CaO and low in SiO2 and Na2O plus K2O relative to most common igneous rocks, consistent with the TAS classification.

Basalt generally has a composition of 45-55 wt% SiO2, 2-6 wt% total alkalis, 0.5-2.0 wt% TiO2, 5-14 wt% FeO and 14 wt% or more Al2O3. Contents of CaO are commonly near 10 wt%, those of MgO commonly in the range 5 to 12 wt%.

High alumina basalts have aluminium contents of 17-19 wt% Al2O3; boninites have magnesium contents of up to 15% MgO. Rare feldspathoid-rich mafic rocks, akin to alkali basalts, may have Na2O plus K2O contents of 12% or more.

MORB basalts and their intrusive equivalents, gabbros, are the characteristic igneous rocks formed at mid-ocean ridges. They are tholeiites particularly low in total alkalis and in incompatible trace elements, and they have relatively flat REE patterns normalised to mantle or chondrite values. In contrast, alkali basalts have normalized patterns highly enriched in the light REE, and with greater abundances of the REE and of other incompatible elements. Because MORB basalt is considered a key to understanding plate tectonics, its compositions have been much studied. Although MORB compositions are distinctive relative to average compositions of basalts erupted in other environments, they are not uniform. For instance, compositions change with position along the Mid-Atlantic ridge, and the compositions also define different ranges in different ocean basins (Hofmann, 2003).

Isotope ratios of elements such as strontium, neodymium, lead, hafnium, and osmium in basalts have been much-studied, so as to learn about evolution of the Earth's mantle. Isotopic ratios of noble gases, such as 3He/4He, are also of great value: for instance, ratios for basalts range from 6 to 10 for mid-ocean ridge tholeiite (normalized to atmospheric values), but to 15-24+ for ocean island basalts thought to be derived from mantle plumes."

Hope it helps :D Rj

thats all german to me mate.

ill just mix all the shit together and hope for the best lol usually works :wink:

:wink:

the molasses you dilute and water in (maybe with your nutes) I aint used mine yet

the trichoderma you again mix with water and feed to the root zone I wouldnt do this with nutes. You can also spray it on the leaves but be carefull the type of sprayer you use some shred the trichoderma spores.

the rockdust mix that shit in with your soil anytime really before you use it doesnt make much difference wherther its one week or one minute i dont think.

e2a the rootgrow you use that when potting up sprinkle it in the potting hole before you put your root ball in so it makes contact.

Edited by established1976

cheers RJ,just had aquick read and its quite alarming that the pinetum rock dust has other shit in it but no worries im gonna use it anyway.

Whats the alarming shit in it? :wink:

cheers RJ,just had aquick read and its quite alarming that the pinetum rock dust has other shit in it but no worries im gonna use it anyway.

Whats the alarming shit in it? :wink:

i dont know whats in it but " It should be noted that the rock dust from Pinetum Products has other, unknown constituents. "

right now i am going to get stoned out my tree. again thanks for all the help MR P, EST1976, RJ, and to felix for posting that comparison page which made me realize that this shit has to be worth using. lol

N.P :wink:

you might want to check its compatible with the other stuff as I aint seen that mentioned in the magic ingredients.

if you say dont use it i wont. i think theres enough ingriedients already so fuck it

Sorry to bust ya thread dude but has anyone tried the Rockdust from Earwig Organics? I was gonna order some tonight.

They use a carbon neutral delivery service too, so it must be kinder for the enviroment :wink:

:unsure:

Could be wrong but I believe Earwig resell SEER's :unsure: A good service if it is carbon neutral. Pinetum rockdust is better but can up to twice as expensive as SEER's product. Both rockdusts are fully compatibly with pretty much any bacterial or fungal inoculants you care to use and IMHO should be used together to get the best effect. Rockdust without a fungal inoculant can't actually be utilised by the plant in the time scales we are dealing with.

Sorry bit of a diversion,

Trichoderma - Protects roots and encourages root growth, possibly also protects leaves and shoots.

RootGrow - Increases feeding ability of roots and unlocks minerals (rockdust) from composts.

e2 clarify.

Edited by felix_dzerjinski