Rock Dust.

murran

Below is the pinetum rockdust analysis :yinyang:

Was the analysis removed for a reason? A friend of ours (used to be a VERY good friend of mrs utokia!) has been in the rockdust business for many years... he dropped off a sack (mates rate :)) along with an analysis sheet plus a little sample bag.

It reminded me that I used rockdust on my first ever hydro grow (vermiculite/rockdust) - the plants did very well. Perhaps that was why? ;)

Anyway - I mentioned that I knew a few people who might be interested in his product - perhaps I can offer the sample bag to someone - a 'competition' loike? I will PM Joolz and see what he thinks - altho.. I am yet to receive a PM reply from the big man ;)

• Like 1

utokia said:
Was the analysis removed for a reason? A friend of ours (used to be a VERY good friend of mrs utokia!) has been in the rockdust business for many years... he dropped off a sack (mates rate :)) along with an analysis sheet plus a little sample bag.

It reminded me that I used rockdust on my first ever hydro grow (vermiculite/rockdust) - the plants did very well. Perhaps that was why? ;)

Anyway - I mentioned that I knew a few people who might be interested in his product - perhaps I can offer the sample bag to someone - a 'competition' loike? I will PM Joolz and see what he thinks - altho.. I am yet to receive a PM reply from the big man ;)

here ya go buddy.

i accidently removed it :rofl:

post-2729-1179831782_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

here ya go buddy.

i accidently removed it :rofl:

post-2729-1179831782_thumb.jpg

Cool - thanks buddly - that is the same sheet as the one I got - well, the numbers are. So my buddy must be reselling Pinetum RD...

There's some strange substances in there that I have never heard of!

• Like 1

Cool - thanks buddly - that is the same sheet as the one I got - well, the numbers are. So my buddy must be reselling Pinetum RD...

There's some strange substances in there that I have never heard of!

TBH mate i think the basalt rock dusts are all the same apart from some versions being ground finer like the pinetum version.

Oh ah they all got arsenic too :rofl:

• 5 months later...

Here's something I discovered recently.

When mixing up inoculants that are not going to be sprayed onto a plant and only watered into the soil or poured over the plant with a very fine rose add a small amount of finely sifted rockdust at the same time as adding the molasses and you will observe much faster microbial growth than purely on molasses and seaweed extract alone. The rockdust powder may well damage a sprayer.

A good flour sieve will do the job of sifting but either do it outside or wear a dust mask as this produces a lot of very fine dust particles.

A single heaped teaspoon of finely sifted rockdust will suffice for 10 litres of brewing solution.

e2a: This works better on soil bacteria type inoculants (eg Nitrogen fixers & Phosphorous solubilisers) and is not worth doing with Trichoderma or other species that don't utilise soil borne minerals as they won't use the rockdust.

Edited by felix_dzerjinski
  • Like 2

Rock dust sure makes some interesting reading.

I might use some for next years guerilla grow,

see if i get monster buds as you do vegetables :realcool:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i want to get some ruck dust iv tried searching the forum but i had no luck, if anyone can tell me where i can get it online if possible or anywhere else if its quick and easy. thanks in advance.

N.P

Guest river king

I thought you were going to use it to bulk the weight of your buds :wink: Never heard of it being used as a soil improver. If your after something which was a result from cutting bricks ot tiles I would steer away from it as the clays what are used to create bricks and tiles contain mineral salts (efflouresants)and probably wouldn't do your plants any good.

R.K.