Combatting Leaf Spot Fungal Infection.

eri

http://www.scent-by-nature.co.uk/fungus.html

I've got a mate who's got a few black spot issues atm, so will be treating with tea tree. I'll be sure to post her results :unsure:

A cheap organic alternative for sure!

And the results were fantastic! It totally eradicated the black spot.

I use it diluted - 20 drops in a litre of water in a spray application to all of the plant. You have to keep shaking the solution as to keep the oil mixed up. I've been using it on the mums every 4 days or so with no ill effect to the plants. I haven't used it on the flowering plants yet as I dont want them to tatse of oil!!! Better than citrofresh by 100%.

• 3 weeks later...

And another little tip that i just heard on Gardeners Question Time - 3 parts water to 1 part (alcohol based) mouth wash, is an effective treatment for mildew & black spot fungal pathogens :unsure:

And another little tip that i just heard on Gardeners Question Time - 3 parts water to 1 part (alcohol based) mouth wash, is an effective treatment for mildew & black spot fungal pathogens :ouch:

i caught that one too, ethanol based, i heard.

they also mentioned milk ,and a strange concoction of egg,chilli and garlic , And parrafin soaked mice for outdoor pest control :unsure:

Edited by Tremont-Salby

i am trying to get rid of said fungi take a look at this beut .

this shit is all over my 30 plants cuttings/6weeks vegy/and 4 weeks flowering .

i am working with dithane 945 in spray form,nasty stuff dont fecking breath to close to it and fingies crossed and rigorous spraying every week,(second spray now) it shopuld work but in my shopping list is citrofresh and biolife and maybee even a large tub of neem,just to make sure.

it looks like youv got thrips 2 m8

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone ever used Microbial For LSF. :yinyang: It's sold by our favourite website, here's what it says;

Disinfectant spray for the treatment and prevention of mould and rot on all types of plants.

Containing a range of non-aggressive ingredients, Microbial is the most effective mould killer that we have come across - one foliar application usually takes care of stubborn mould and rot attacks within minutes. It can also be used to disinfect nutrient solutions, although we have had mixed reports as to its effectiveness with this type of application.

Dilute at a rate of 1 part Microbial to 2 parts water and spray directly onto the affected area, eradication of pathogens is normally seen within minutes. Re-apply if re-infection reoccurs.

For further information regarding dosage rates of Microbial in different applications, please visit the manufacturers website.

Lets have your opinions.

Just used microbial rtu from an old bottle i have had for a few years , no doubt it wont be as strong as a brand new one but it does seem to have stopped my lsf in it's tracks , i used a diluted amount mixed with water in a sprayer and sprayed just before light's out and no signs of it spreading even on the odd leaves i left on the plant to make sure it was working.

I used it years ago as well and it worked then but i don't think you can use this well into flower or at least i wouldn't myself, but in veg yes it does seem to kill this sort i have here.

post-9985-1233655316_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone give more guidance on the treatment required for veg and flower please? Am I right that copper fungicide should not be used in flower?

I use zinc based fungicides to combat rust in other plants, as it's a more effective 'organic' fungicide for rust than copper, but I've never tried it on cannabis though..Could well be worth an experiment by somebody..

Hi I'm JUST WONDERING ARE THERE ANY WAYS TO FUMEAGATE MY GROWROOM

AFTER A LEAFSPOT FUNGAS INFECTION, i REALLY DONT WANT TO GET THIS AGAIN

BUT i hear the spores will be in the room forever .

How can i clean my tent will bleach and water kill spores on the walls and floor of my tent.

or is there some product I can use to fumeagate the entire room.

Seen on greenfeilds they have some kind of a sulpher burner could someone tell me if this would help.

ANY advice appreciated.

Hi

I noticed that earlier in the thread some pics of the different stages of LSF were missing.

From this thread OT1 assembled a montage of pics. with some descriptions of the development of an infection.

I thought it useful to add this pic. to this thread...

Also OT1 provided this link which I think illustrates preparation & treatment of LSF: http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=147113 (it's probably already pinned, but no harm in an extra link...)

Cheers

Stan

post-20078-1235494052_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. Ive had abit of a problem with LSF - Ive just read through the LSF thread about all the possible Treatments.

I was looking for some Microbial which is quite expensive, and came across this stuff >>>

Scotts RoseClear 3 Gun! combined systemic fungicide and insecticide specially formulated for roses. Kills greenfly and blackfly. Controls rose blackspot, powdery mildew and rust. This product is also ideal for other ornamental plants as well as roses. If blackspot disease was evident last year, start spraying your roses with a suitable fungicide early in Spring as new leaves start to unfurl. Repeat sprays regularly to keep blackspot and other diseases at bay. Children and pets need not be excluded from treated areas.

Contains bifenthrin and myclobutanil

and its quite cheap >> Is fungicide for roses suitable for mj?

or should i just fork up and get Microbial, not sure really.

Any info/advice greatly appreciated. Currently about 6 weeks into grow on veg cycle! Peace.

I have sprayed once with SBPI and the new growth is quite healthy but ive had to cull about 4 big bottom leaves off the girls - i put some honey on the cut stems! Its definately Fungal and not Mites.

Its probably not what you want to hear but I tried pretty much every shop bought spray/powder for LSF, including Roseclear and none of them sorted it properly.Plus its systemic which means chemical residue can stay in your plants as I understand it.

The only thing that has ever worked properly for me is Plant Magic's essence, yes its slightly more involving than just spraying from a bottle but it works perfectly and gives the plant other protective goodness ( as you can see I'm not scientist ).

Good luck, I know how much of a bugger LSF can be.

Guest zigzagzoot
Hi all. Ive had abit of a problem with LSF - Ive just read through the LSF thread about all the possible Treatments.

I was looking for some Microbial which is quite expensive, and came across this stuff >>>

Scotts RoseClear 3 Gun! combined systemic fungicide and insecticide specially formulated for roses. Kills greenfly and blackfly. Controls rose blackspot, powdery mildew and rust. This product is also ideal for other ornamental plants as well as roses. If blackspot disease was evident last year, start spraying your roses with a suitable fungicide early in Spring as new leaves start to unfurl. Repeat sprays regularly to keep blackspot and other diseases at bay. Children and pets need not be excluded from treated areas.

Contains bifenthrin and myclobutanil

and its quite cheap >> Is fungicide for roses suitable for mj?

or should i just fork up and get Microbial, not sure really.

Any info/advice greatly appreciated. Currently about 6 weeks into grow on veg cycle! Peace.

I have sprayed once with SBPI and the new growth is quite healthy but ive had to cull about 4 big bottom leaves off the girls - i put some honey on the cut stems! Its definately Fungal and not Mites.

Doesnt it say not to use on food crops or anywhere near food crops? Try Plant Magic products (Essence) Not the cheapest stuff but it does appear to be the absolute bollocks mate.

Hi, I've got LSF, feck knows how, fastidiously restarted from scratch...new house, new loft, new tent, new bulb and reflector, new ducting, new pots, new sockets, new feeds.... everything except me ballast and me fan.....

Anyway it's worse in me veg area, and me cuttingsd, which rooted fine, are dropping RAPIDLY...I'm picking off the worst leaves, but it's going through them like wildfire.....if this continues I'll be left with no mums, as I'm growing out from seed and hoping to keep a few mums...

A VERY kind soul is sending me a bit of essence, but it probably won't be here till friday, and that means saturday night treatment....

Is it gonna do me any good spraying with either dithane or Systhane, or even both...just as a temporary measure.....I really CAN'T afford to lose all these cuttings.....

Thanks for tips...

Monk...x