Wizard Trees

DeltaMelter

@mikeydoughnut Some of it looks really nice seems it's all erm 'hacks' though but such is the industry,..

@Shaggy1 Thanks again for finding them, I'll add them to the list but I'm leaning towards possibly just running something I've done before or I have in the fridge.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Shaggy1 said:

That's good, atleast it's the same lineage you were looking for ay!

Looking on the 'tude the offers and freebies are OK, would get another 3 of their "Zunami S1" which are some sort of 'Z' cross. I've never really gone in for freebies but it looks like the backbone for their Vitamin Z cultivar. I dunno though it's still a lot of money on a 'not sure'. It's like I get to try the 'gist' of Wizard Trees, for half the price.

What I might do is just grow a tent full of HSC's Jelly Donutz as I know its good and done in 8 weeks plus it will satisfy "Muh Peng Cali Zips" obsession. I could run some Cali Octane in the 3x3 - that should do it.

I might still spaff some notes on a Solfire cultivar or two or three. When you cross "Jigglers" with "Bahama Mama" and call it "Bitties" my inner Quaqmire has a little Giggidy 🍆

• Like 2

Heard good things about this seedbank.

Your money, your life. Go for it! Not foolish at all if that's what you want to run.

I would love to see a diary or two once you get them going.

I am always interested in these high cost seeds. Never run any myself, but would be very interesting to see how they go 

• Thanks 1

Had great results on the glow by grounded, the rainbow Z freebie wasn’t bad but no keepers out of the free 3 seeds. 

Personally I wouldn’t touch the RS11 cross from them though - they had troubles with the seeds, there was meant to be a whole range of crosses releases but they never made it to market - I presume due to the bad germ rates that were touted, now only 1 rs11 cross from grounded was released. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Solfire gardens is mid price, I think fantastic value for access to top genetics when you consider what you get back - the results were fantastic, 2 out of 3 block monsters were solid keepers. 

If you’re for crazy USA flavours - find Clearwater genetics - some

of the best and their genetics are being used by jungle boys etc. make sure you find their direct website, it’s USA based but they ship to UK, by far the best prices and selection of their seeds you will find online. 

Edited by openthebox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve run Blue Fizz, Raspberry Z, Piñata and Pink Limez (none of 7 Vitamin Z seeds germinated) by Grounded Genetics. 

Good looking plants with interesting terp profiles. Lacking in effect. Only one plant I’m running again (Blue Fizz). If I could spend the money again I’d probably give it to Karma (at least with the criteria I was after at the time). Good luck with your hunt. ☯️ 

large.IMG_1058.jpeg.656af049a67b58f15f5f35b18c48af78.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 08/02/2024 at 05:09, Ned The Head said:

Good looking plants with interesting terp profiles. Lacking in effect.

Thanks man - invaluable.

This is what I mean, things can look good smell good and taste good and for some folks that's all they want but well worth knowing they lack a bit of poke.

• Like 2

On 08/02/2024 at 02:02, openthebox said:

If you’re for crazy USA flavours - find Clearwater genetics

I've been looking at these for a little while - I think you mentioned them before and I did have a look, lots of choice.

Part of my problem is I go hunting when I'm ready to start a new run and that's dumb. I should be hunting all the time and grabbing good packs when they are available and / or I can afford them. I'll be ready for later this year though. I plan on taking the summer off and not running a grow as drying and humidity and blah blah blah - plus I promised Mrs Delta I would pack it in for a bit.

If I had the cash and the time I would have grabbed some Solfire Mind Melter (they never did reply to contact via their form and email) and run them up against something else decent to compare. I have a pack of Headbanger though to go through and plan on making that my next regs run.

Given me far too many new seed options to think about though (thank you!) - it's a bit grim to realise you probably don't have enough growing years left to try them all 💀

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

it's a bit grim to realise you probably don't have enough growing years left to try them all 💀

This irks me constantly. I think that’s what’s behind my idiotic seed popping habit. Tying myself up in knots like. Just the subbies I’ve got. Probably about 15/16 packs. As well as the silly amount of retail packs, I know there’s a decent chance I’ll find my ideal plant. But I may never get to it …

• Like 2
  • WOW 1

I dont buy surplus seeds anymore due to me having too many in the past. 

My current collection consists of:

Subbies

Haze x Smile

B line f2s

Smottie remix

Ugorg

Exodus bx1

Killer Colada

Killerskunk

Authentic Genetics

Skunk #1 IBL

NL#2 IBL

OG Kush x NL#5

The AG seeds are for breeding purposes to be used as base plants for crosses. The Ugorg i bought before i returned after my 7 year break away from growing and i didnt know about all the drama. The subbies came from subscription.

I will buy 2 Solfire strains but they will be for fem seeds and i want a new breeder to purchase from after losing Ugorg. Also to be used for crosses.

To burn through these seeds i will be running 12 plants per tent as a sog. Got to take males and potential mothers into account as well. Its still 2-3 years work with just those seeds mentioned above. 

MistY

• Like 1

For this run I've gone with Humboldt Seed Company beans I already had in the fridge, can't really wait any longer for any other stock to appear but I'll spend the next 6 months hawking 🧑‍🦼 beans I actually want, ready for a grow at the end of the year / 2025.

As my Volcano vape is on the fritz I'll no doubt need that cash in a bit.

Fuck it, I think I'm going to be using the money I "saved" not buying new beans to buy a new bar-style light for the 4x4.

Investing in more yield seems a sensible bet, If I can pull 18 zips from 9 plants in short order (1 month veg) I'll be happy. I might be able to pull 8 from the 3x3 if I'm lucky.

I've already purchased a bar light for the 3x3 too so I'll fill both, hopefully wall to wall and then quit for the summer.

• 1 month later...

These hype packs will be very hit or miss

the best I've had was seed junky  wedding cake x gelato 33 - these packs birthed what it now known as ice cream cake

most disappointing was OZ kush from dying breed seeds - over 200 quid and the first pack didn't germinate, then seedbank sent another pack that also didn't germinate.

On 08/02/2024 at 02:00, openthebox said:

Had great results on the glow by grounded, the rainbow Z freebie wasn’t bad but no keepers out of the free 3 seeds. 

Personally I wouldn’t touch the RS11 cross from them though - they had troubles with the seeds, there was meant to be a whole range of crosses releases but they never made it to market - I presume due to the bad germ rates that were touted, now only 1 rs11 cross from grounded was released. 

They need to periodically breed out to keep germination potential and vigour on-point.. It seems a lot of breeders are just constantly incestifying their strains without consideration for these factors. As an example, it seems DJ Short has worn out his Blueberry at F6 from reports of inconsistent growth I've read about.....

In cereal grain production, they only have B C1 C2 C3. B is the original breeding stock, which goes to make the C1 that farmers use to breed more seeds to make C2. C2 is planted to make C3. The C3 is only used for making food. After C2 the genetic integrity of the bred strain is considered to be too unpredictable to seed out again.

Edited by catweazle1

7 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

They need to periodically breed out to keep germination potential and vigour on-point.. It seems a lot of breeders are just constantly incestifying their strains without consideration for these factors. As an example, it seems DJ Short has worn out his Blueberry at F6 from reports of inconsistent growth I've read about.....

In cereal grain production, they only have B C1 C2 C3. B is the original breeding stock, which goes to make the C1 that farmers use to breed more seeds to make C2. C2 is planted to make C3. The C3 is only used for making food. After C2 the genetic integrity of the bred strain is considered to be too unpredictable to seed out again.

Very interesting - thanks for the info! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1