Wizard Trees

DeltaMelter

23 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

I suppose I wanted to see what all the fuss is about with these American cultivars.

23 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

I'm still undecided though.

With this ^ in mind - go for it. You'll have shelled out for the best example of that kind of thing you can knowingly get your hands on to try for yourself, whether they're rubbish or ace, you'll get something from the experience whether its a nice cut or two or just the knowledge to not go down that path again, its a small price to pay regardless of the outcome. I've shelled hundreds of pounds out of seed before now and not a single cut (thats a lie, theres been/is a few) to show from any of them, but the insight and experience is invaluable, I'd do it all over again in a heart beart !

Edited by GSZZ
  • Like 3

@GSZZ That's it, thanks man - I need to (as Mrs Delta says) 'Have my fussy with it' and then I'll know. The time, effort and electricity is more costly overall.

Ripper Seeds have a fem RS11 they’ve just released. Cheap n cheerful ….

Thanks @mikeydoughnut I'm really after trying the Wizard Trees stuff specifically

I fancied the Route 65 (Studio 54 x RS11) so might chance waiting for that to re-appear but there's no certainty. The stock is vanishing pretty quick tbh, had a chat with the seedbank and these beans are more popular than I thought.

I need to get them planted this week though so can't wait much longer.

• Like 1

Think I'll go with Lucky 123 - it's a Wizard Trees only cross so it's not available anywhere else and reading the dispo smoke reports (why I didn't think to do this before!) its rated highly for potency and long lasting effects with a fruity but gassy flavour.

The Pluto x RS11 sounds great too but its Gelato / OZK and I'm not as fussed by that. Was attracted by good yields / Calyx to leaf ratio and long-lasting stone but it's sleepy and I could do with a bit more "up". Will ponder over the weekend and make my final decision.

The Runtz cross was a close third.

• Like 1

After doing some more digging im not so sure now. Wizard and East Coast have done some crosses recently and the reviews have been meh, all saying the same thing: lacking in taste and mediocre high. For those prices i would expect more if im being honest. It wasnt just this review either, im sure it was on RIU that someone else said the same about Zoap. 

You never know until you try but it has given me pause. Enough to make me choose Solfire rise of the Phoenix seeds. Half the price and lots of positive reviews including on here.

MistY

• Like 1

That's probably the better idea bro, solfire is getting some great reviews rn 👍 

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 1

On 01/02/2024 at 22:04, DeltaMelter said:

I'm 90% sure its hype over substance

So why give someone your money when there's a 90% chance they're a bullshit artist? It's like paying extra for a car you think is stolen or something.

One of the oldest marketing tactics. Set the price high and create scarcity, just like how they convince everyone that diamonds are worth a lot of money. If you set a price "reassuringly high" then people who buy it will do whatever it takes to convince themselves it was worth it, it's just congitive dissonance. People will hear the unfounded, completely unrealistic claims about said product and for some bizzare reason the fomo kicks in and the cycle continues. 

I phones

Luxury cars 

Salt bae

Tesla cybertruck

High end fashion 

Prime

Fuck even emultion paint (farrow and ball I'm looking at you)

One of the best plants I've ever found was from a £1 seed, not smoked any hype US strain that beats it. But no one's growing Mango because no ones growing Mango. Bet if I S1ed my keeper and called it MangoZ and sold it for 40quid a bean everyone would be talking about how amazing it is, fuck it I could just make it hermi with a light leak, the added instability would be a selling point. 

Don't believe the hype!

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

So why give someone your money when there's a 90% chance they're a bullshit artist? It's like paying extra for a car you think is stolen or something.

I was referring to the descriptions and the following line is important "they get a good rep for their flower" and no I don't think they are bullshit artists. Sure the seeds are expensive (I could buy 2 or 3 packs of Karma fems - or a million seeds from Barneys) but that's not really the point.

The weed is as far as anyone can see, excellent (I have friends who've tried Tea Time anyway) - but is that just a Doja Pak drop that was really good and had everyone buzzing (but the seeds are just 'meh') - that's what I wanted/needed to know.

However, it seems there is very little information. Opinions, yes - but information... not so much.

Now as it happens some of my best smokes so far - Hella Jelly, Jelly Donutz, Cali Octane and Garlic Budder are all U.S (somewhat) hype cultivars so I'm not biased against U.S stuff but I am looking for something I can reproduce repeatedly that ticks the boxes I need for potency which (for most cultivars I have tried) is usually severely lacking.

2 hours ago, MistYGr33n said:

Enough to make me choose Solfire rise of the Phoenix seeds. Half the price and lots of positive reviews including on here.

Talk to me Goose!

What takes your fancy from their lineup? Deffo open to ideas there

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

they get a good rep for their flower

That doesn't really address what I'm saying. Lots of people think Ed Sheeran is the best musician that's ever lived, lots of people were selling everything they owned for a tailor swift ticket. Popularity and reputation can be bought and it often is. 

IMO anyone trying to say their seeds are worth that much is a bullshit artist. How is it that weed is more legal than ever but the prices just keep going up? Because numpties keep paying the prices!

It's a race to bottom of the gene pool. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

IMO anyone trying to say their seeds are worth that much is a bullshit artist

OK got it, I thought you were saying their claims about the weed being good were BS

It's all relative though, some folks would choke at the idea of paying £60 for a pack of seeds but here we are. To me, the seeds are secondary in terms of cost after energy/consumables. I'm more interested in getting good results.

Ideally, I was hoping for info on if the plants produced by the seeds are actually any good, I know they are overpriced - that's how marketing works.

1 hour ago, DeltaMelter said:

Talk to me Goose!

What takes your fancy from their lineup? Deffo open to ideas there

@DeltaMelter

theres loads mate. Ones i was looking at were The Don, Grim bastard OG, Banana mana, a box of Udderly seed crosses and "you got Gelly". ( some names may not be 100% accurate ). Everyones goin mad for the banana and the don across the pond. Gelly too.

There are seeds around the $180 mark but some are £45-£85 for regs and fems over here though. I only started looking at their website late last night but its extensive. Rise of the Phoenix seems to be a side brand because they sell all sorts. Posters, grow room glasses, trimming scissors, aprons, clothes etc. Seems to be the way its going over in the US, they become more than just a seedbank maybe for tax or licence reasons.

This was on their website so the range of seeds was alot more than whats on offer in the UK but i think they ship international so i may buy some direct. Also i only found 1 seedbank over here who stocked their seeds.

Oh and Bodhi seeds direct from his website, bigger range of seeds. He's got a new strain, pink blossom and elfinstone i was looking at also

MistY

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HazyDaze said:

That's probably the better idea bro, solfire is getting some great reviews rn 👍 

I think it was you and @stu sleeper 20vt who put me onto them mate. I had never heard of them before. 

MistY

• Like 1

@MistYGr33n Thank you! I'll get stuck in and take a look.

Haven't bought any Wizard Trees seeds though so I'm all for a new angle.

• Like 1