Help with water quality

NormanNugget

Requesting someone with experience to check out my tap water quality report

Hi all, as above I have found the water quality report for my area. Can someone who understands all this check over to see if there’s anything to be concerned about?large.IMG_6108.jpeg.1aeb77a2b38e5bec408c38746541c1d9.jpeglarge.IMG_6107.jpeg.2ea333e8aa6a810acb20e4818bb38497.jpeg

From what I understand, ph is 7.64 on average, which seems fairly good?

I’ll be growing in BioBizz Allmix, from what I’ve read on here the compost should give me some tolerance and even out the ph anyway. 

Should I be leaving my water out to stand before watering? Not sure how having a couple buckets of water sitting about in the bathroom will go down..

Is their any mention of calcium and magnesium levels on page 2 ...? As these are the most important..

• Like 1

you leave water out for 24 hours to let the chlorine in the water to dissipate.

MistY

If it’s all mix, and the biobiz nutrients, good luck. From my experience over a decade ago, they suck. Water quality might be the least of your concerns. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MistYGr33n said:

you leave water out for 24 hours to let the chlorine in the water to dissipate.

MistY

This is what noobs do. Temperature and the golden 3>1 cal mag ratio is what the pros do. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mr mcgregor said:

Is their any mention of calcium and magnesium levels on page 2 ...? As these are the most important..

Hi @Mr mcgregor page 2 is sort of tagged to the top of page 1. No mention of Calcium or Magnesium unfortunately. Our water is hard and we get loads of limescale so kind of worried about that. Was considering buying 25l drums of distilled water but ideally don’t want to resort to that!

5 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

If it’s all mix, and the biobiz nutrients, good luck. From my experience over a decade ago, they suck. Water quality might be the least of your concerns. 

Thanks @Slippy One. Hopefully things have changed in the last 10 years eh! I’ll make a diary and we’ll see how it goes!

3 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

This is what noobs do. Temperature and the golden 3>1 cal mag ratio is what the pros do. 

I was planning to leave it out to reach ambient temp in the room where my tent is. What do I use to measure the cal mag ratio? I assume I can then adjust this as necessary.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NormanNugget said:

I was planning to leave it out to reach ambient temp in the room where my tent is. What do I use to measure the cal mag ratio? I assume I can then adjust this as necessary.

I let it sit for 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate but ive done this for years it doesnt do any harm to let it warm to room temp. Personally i have never had to add cal or mag but for now i wouldnt worry. If you think you may have a problem go to the sick plants section later down the line. Your PH is good. 

MistY 

• Like 1

Ecothrive do a product called Neutralise that instantly treats the chlorine and chloramine in your water. Just add 1 drop a litre before adding your nutes. I use it myself for peace of mind but I’ll be honest I’m not sure it makes any difference to when I didn’t use it. But sod leaving buckets out overnight all the time, then you gotta get the temp right if it’s been left in a cold room. 

What did make a difference though was getting the cal mag ratio right as Slippy said. I got my water tested by Growers Ark and they told me how much Epsom salts I needed to correct it. Well worth doing for £30 or whatever it is.