crossing over to the coco side

RUFUS HOUND

Ive thrown in another heat mat in the veg tent and put a few driveway blocks on it to act as a sort of slow release heat sink.

The other heat mat is under a 600x300mm floor tile with a few herb plants on top to boost the humidity 

1st feed - 0.5ml A + 0.5ml B + 1ml epsom + tap water = EC 728  with a pH 6.8

I reduced the pH to 6.2 and fed 3ml x 2 today

As they are up and away ive opened the propagator lid and will remove it tomorrow.

Ive also knocked up a foliar feed spray of 2ml.L seaweed extract and 2ml/L epsom mix for when they get a little bigger.

Enviro info

light = 24/0 (65W)

air temps = 26'C 

root temps = 24'C

humidity = 60% - a bit on low side, i will throw in 2 more corriander plants to help increase the humidity (other herbs are available)

feedi = 3ml x 2 per day  (0.5ml A + 0.5ml B + 1ml epsom + 1ml seaweed + tap water)

EC = 728

pH = 6.8 reduced to 6.2 

on a side note - just got my 135W tube heater for the main 4x2 tent, giving it a trial run to see if its man enough for the job - keeps the temperature ok but wether it will use less lecky overall than the 600W oil rad is up for debate.

First sets of true leaves formed on all 3 seedlings.

The jiffy pellets look a little damp, so will miss watering/feeding today and see how they are later on tonight.

Top now off propagator as the seedlings are getting a bit tall but Ive put a large upturned clear plastic box over them, just to help keep the humidity up for now.

a few photos - no.3 has a strange half and half thing going on

large.6597216b7c71d_IBLday3.jpglarge.65972177f1a96_TBLday3-1.jpglarge.6597218a42c2f_TBLday3-2.jpglarge.6597219b42a3b_TBLday3-3.jpg

• Like 2

On 03/01/2024 at 5:51 PM, RUFUS HOUND said:

on a side note - just got my 135W tube heater for the main 4x2 tent, giving it a trial run to see if its man enough for the job - keeps the temperature ok but wether it will use less lecky overall than the 600W oil rad is up for debate.

I swapped a 600W oil radiator for a 1m tube heater & an Inkbird. It uses less electric & the Inkbird is far more accurate than the onboard thermostat on the (cheap) oil radiator.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lux_Interior said:

I swapped a 600W oil radiator for a 1m tube heater & an Inkbird. It uses less electric & the Inkbird is far more accurate than the onboard thermostat on the (cheap) oil radiator.

Cheers mate, good to know Im not wasting my time.

Mines 1m long elixer jobbie - it has it own thermostat but like you I have it hooked up to an inkbird (310T) for better control:yep:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

a few photos - no.3 has a strange half and half thing going on

large.6597216b7c71d_IBLday3.jpglarge.65972177f1a96_TBLday3-1.jpglarge.6597218a42c2f_TBLday3-2.jpglarge.6597219b42a3b_TBLday3-3.jpg

I’d be a little concerned about root and stem(later on) restrictions caused by the smallest pot.

How are/were the roots?

I’d be tempted to just pot them into the larger of those pots for now :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

@Shumroom the little pots are only holding jiffy pellets (no rootage yet ) I put them into the larger pots filled with coco to stop them overheating and help spread the heat. But the coco has gone over into the little pots and I didint want to piss about trying to get it out.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Day 4 

@Shumroom you made me go and look lol and there were a few root tips poking through the jiffy fabric walls. :yahoo:

I sprinkled the pot holes with the Extreme gardening "mykos", popped in the jiffy pellets and gave them a water with EC700 pH6.2

fingers crossed for massive roots 

large.65989ccbdb8cc_TBLday4-mykos.jpg

large.65989cbd7a05e_TBLday4potup.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1

Imo ewe should have soaked that coco with a nice feed upon potting up :headpain:

• Like 1

Just now, thekingofobsolete said:

Imo ewe should have soaked that coco with a nice feed upon potting up :headpain:

Cheers mate - I took photo after potting up, then I watered them :yep:

• Like 1

Good man now let the husk dry out a tad put a pic up tomorrow same time as ewe potted them.   I'll be back :yep:  Oh BTW what ferts u on ? and ffs keep ya Ph at 6.0 :yes:

• Like 1

Oh BTW get yourself a liquid PH test kit those battery ones are shite :yep:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@thekingofobsoletecheers mate - will do

ph = 6 :yep:

Shogun coco nutes

only gave about 100ml in0.5L pots - should I start watering with runoff yet?

Edited by RUFUS HOUND

Get it synct in at 1.2 cf.....ph of 6.0 ewe be golden don't worry about runoff atm its not needed gis a pic tomorrow :D

• Like 1