First grower need help!

Norbinyo

38 minutes ago, Norbinyo said:

Hi,quick question.How can push down the ph in soil?Becuse i feeding with around 6.0-6.2ph and the runoff always about 7.0ph and that is like about 2 weeks.Plants looks ok but ye 7.0 is a bit high.Thanks

Pointless phing water in soil, it has its own natural buffers for that. PHing soil is an American thing cos their water is shite imo, but is essential for hydro/coco. The only thing worth doing is having your water tested for cal mag levels, particularly if you’re in a soft water area :yep:

• Like 3
Just now, Flamedodger said:

Pointless phing water in soil, it has its own natural buffers for that. PHing soil is an American thing cos their water is shite imo, but is essential for hydro/coco. The only thing worth doing is having your water tested for cal mag levels, particularly if you’re in a soft water area :yep:

Thank you mate!i use calmag cuse need.:bong:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Norbinyo said:

Hi,quick question.How can push down the ph in soil?Becuse i feeding with around 6.0-6.2ph and the runoff always about 7.0ph and that is like about 2 weeks.Plants looks ok but ye 7.0 is a bit high.Thanks

you dont need to alter the ph of your soil or your feed solution for that matter,  as I said its self buffering! .:nono:

in a nutshell - your run off has gone up, as the soil is always trying to get the pH to 7, this is know as self buffering, its the main reason people use soil/compost and thats its cheap and readily available, obviously!

The only time you would need to worry is if the runoff ph went to under 5.5 - low pH can be caused by over fertilisation

• Like 3
Just now, RUFUS HOUND said:

you dont need to alter the ph of your soil or your feed solution for that matter,  as I said its self buffering! .:nono:

in a nutshell - your run off has gone up, as the soil is always trying to get the pH to 7, this is know as self buffering, its the main reason people use soil/compost and thats its cheap and readily available, obviously!

The only time you would need to worry is if the runoff ph went to under 5.5 - low pH can be caused by over fertilisation

Thank you!

• Like 1

@flamedodger is spot on - go on your water suppliers website, find the water report for your postcode and put it on here 

what your looking for,  is the Calcium and magnesium levels, also calcium carbonate to a lesser extent.

your calcium should be in the ratio of 3:1 to magnesium, so your calcium wants 3 times the amount of magnesium  

mine for example is approx 10:1 - so I had lots of mg deficiencies early on until I found out. All depends on where you live and what rocks the rainwater filter through.

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1
On 29/11/2023 at 9:04 AM, Norbinyo said:

Thank you mate!i use calmag cuse need.:bong:

he is not saying you need calmag, :nono: and there is no such thing as a calmag deficiency 

you need to check your water report for calcium and magnesium levels 

your plants look good and healthy and dont appear to have any excesses or deficiencies but you can look closer than me.

Forget about the ph unless they look "sickly" - lock that ph pen in the cupboard, out of way.

• Like 1

looking good - start tucking any longer branches under the netting, the object of the scrog is to have a level canopy, so all the buds get similar light levels.

• Like 2
Just now, RUFUS HOUND said:

looking good - start tucking any longer branches under the netting, the object of the scrog is to have a level canopy, so all the buds get similar light levels.

I try sir just some still lower but i already do with the most of it what i can:cowboy:

Anything that sticks up through the net, needs tucking under the next square, if you want to use the scrog properly.

I see you still have lots of tops still above the net. As your longer branches grow, tuck them under and keep tucking, these will then  grow horizontally and allow the lower branches to grow and reach the canopy (effectively giving them time to catch up)

here is a pic of mine - certainly not the best executed but having the desired effect.

large.655bb023a510d_TFday41flower.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

Anything that sticks up through the net, needs tucking under the next square, if you want to use the scrog properly.

I see you still have lots of tops still above the net. As your longer branches grow, tuck them under and keep tucking, these will then  grow horizontally and allow the lower branches to grow and reach the canopy (effectively giving them time to catch up)

here is a pic of mine - certainly not the best executed but having the desired effect.

large.655bb023a510d_TFday41flower.jpg

Nice one mate!How many plant this?

only 3 in 7L pots - its only a 4 feet x 2 feet tent so each plant  is spread out as far as it will go.

thats why scroging is a great way to fill the tent - get tucking :smokin:

youll need to stop tucking when the stretch period has finished approx 3 weeks after going to 12/12 lighting schedule

Then let them grow.

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

only 3 in 7L pots - its only a 4 feet x 2 feet tent so each plant  is spread out as far as it will go.

thats why scroging is a great way to fill the tent - get tucking :smokin:

youll need to stop tucking when the stretch period has finished approx 3 weeks after going to 12/12 lighting schedule

Then let them grow.

Thank you sir!