Small setup

mani

11 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Do you mean an extraction fan or circulation fan?

Atb

:yinyang:

Extraction fan any recommendations would I need to buy a carbon filter as well? I`m on a tight budget with the fan.

Would this work.

4 Inch - 100 mm Universal Budget Silent Fan Filter Duct Kit for Grow Tent Quiet

4 Inch 16FT Air Duct,Insulation Aluminum Clothing Dryer Hose,Black PVC Lightproof Vent Hose for Fan Filter and Grow Tent, 2 Clamps Include…

Ram 08-350-150 100/ 200 4-inch 170m³/ hr Filter

Edited by mani

For a 90cmx90cm tent I think you would need an 8 inch extractor fan (and carbon filter to go with it) plus a 6 inch intake fan.

Is that the Black Orchid fan?

Yes a 4 inch should suffice for a 90 x 90 and yes you’ll need a carbon filter so that you’re not advertising to everyone locally what you’re up to,

as our plants can give off a real stink and we can become blind to it :bangin:

The main problem with cheaper fans is the cost of an additional speed controller to slow the fan down when the temperature is low.

Environment is key to growing :yep:

I didn’t used to have all the kit I’ve got now and I still used to grow some banging weed.

I took me a while to get to where I am with LEDs and EC fans with environmental controllers :) 

Atb

• Like 2

I can vouch for the 4" Ram Carbon Filters from the big river, had one running for 2 years now, got one in both tents, and they are decently priced at about £30.

As for the other bits I've no idea, if it was me I would buy a decent extraction fan and controller bundle on finance if you can't pay it upfront. Some places offer decent interest free finance options via PayPal ect.

Edit to add: Avoid them Black Orchard kits, the first one I ever bought was their 4" kit, the carbon filter lasted one grow, the fan doesn't have any speed control so will be running at full chat making alot of noise. I did buy a speed controller but wasn't idea tbh.  Wish I had gone with the kinda stuff I have now.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Is that the Black Orchid fan?

Yes a 4 inch should suffice for a 90 x 90 and yes you’ll need a carbon filter so that you’re not advertising to everyone locally what you’re up to,

as our plants can give off a real stink and we can become blind to it :bangin:

The main problem with cheaper fans is the cost of an additional speed controller to slow the fan down when the temperature is low.

Environment is key to growing :yep:

I didn’t used to have all the kit I’ve got now and I still used to grow some banging weed.

I took me a while to get to where I am with LEDs and EC fans with environmental controllers :) 

Atb

Yes its a Black Orchid fan is anyone able to recommecnd a 4 inch fan kit please from a good seller

I have found this one below.

AC Infinity 4 Inch Grow Combo

Which comes in at £220.00 just wondering if there is anything cheaper on the market that works just as good.

Hi mate, that's a good choice and Ac is probably the cheapest kit you'll find that isn't shit, that I've seen. Or if you don't mind it sounding like a aircraft taking off in your tent, the systemair RVK fans are decent and reliable.

Imo the fan + filter are the most important bits of kit! 220 is a good price as other decent brands will set you back double/triple that. I use the 6" fan + controller. Just make sure it's the S4 rather than the T4 as I remember seeing some problems with the T version.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Shaggy1 said:

Hi mate, that's a good choice and Ac is probably the cheapest kit you'll find that isn't shit, that I've seen. Or if you don't mind it sounding like a aircraft taking off in your tent, the systemair RVK fans are decent and reliable.

Imo the fan + filter are the most important bits of kit! 220 is a good price as other decent brands will set you back double/triple that. I use the 6" fan + controller. Just make sure it's the S4 rather than the T4 as I remember seeing some problems with the T version.

Thanks really appreciate your advise.

Have a look at Real Gorilla Seeds :) 

Everything of there’s I’ve grown so far has all been solid reliable genetics :thumsup:

Atb

• Like 3

Someone mentioned 'Budbox' tents earlier on - I think I saw a video last week where someone (Totogrow) absolutely ripped into it. Hated the thing. Light leaks everywhere. Said he was probably going to get rid of it and get another tent, he hated it so much.

17 hours ago, Shaggy1 said:

Which comes in at £220.00 just wondering if there is anything cheaper on the market that works just as good.

Rhino, spider farmer, secret jardin and I think possibly mara hydro all do there own EC fans now, could be worth a look. They haven't been out all that long so not as many reviews etc as ACI, but I think the rhino and SJ are at least good quality. Don't think they come with as fancy a controller as the ACI but I bet you could make them run off an ACI controller. 

When you’ve made your decision on kit, I would recommend getting some feminised photoperiod seeds, a bit easier for your first grow and cheaper on the electric :yep:

When you’re up and running start a diary, you will get plenty of advice. Good luck :smokin: