Small setup

mani

Hi 

I would like to setup a grow for 3-4 plants max with LED lights could anyone recommend a a good LED light and grow tent.

Thanks 

• Like 2

I think you would want a 60cmx60cm tent at the smallest or maybe a 90cmx90cm for a bit more room, four in a 60x60 is a bit tight so I would go with a 90x90 (3 foot x3 foot) if I was starting out now. This is a very good review of LED's for that size tent

https://migrolight.com/blogs/grow-light-reviews/the-best-grow-light-for-a-3-x-3-or-1m-x-1m-grow-tent-2022

I don't know which tent is best, Secret Jardin or Budbox maybe?

• Like 2

Depends how big you want these plants and how long you're willing to veg them for.

Example you could run 4 big plants but longer veg in a 4x4ft tent, would also need more light coverage.

But you could also run 4 plants in a 2x2ft tent with less veg time and a single light, and would also be cheaper to run. And you would be able to squeeze in an extra cycle each year from the saved veg time.

I run a 60x60x160cm tent, I've run 1,2,3,4 plants just fine before, this last run I did 6 plants was a pain trying to keep 6 plants happy at once tho lol

large.20230907_001539.jpg

So before someone can recommend a light you need to decide how big the space is going to be. If is a 2x2ft tent then I can only personally recommend one light the Viparspectra XS1500 Pro

But if you want to go bigger with the tent then there are plenty more options to choose from on the market atm.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, mani said:

I have found it on Amazon for £200.00 is there anything cheaper as I`m on a tight budget.

I got mine from there, it regularly on sale about £30 cheaper with voucher.

It currently has a £30 off voucher atm on there. So that would be £169.99:yep:

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 3

Would this tent size be OK.

LITE 2'x3'x3'

60x90x90cm

And I`m looking to start off with auto seeds for now.

Edited by mani
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mani said:

LITE 2'x3'x3'

60x90x90cm

No, you want something like 60x60x160cm. 90cm is not high enough.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, mani said:

LITE 2'x3'x3'

60x90x90cm

Bit big for the light recommended by military grade, you want about 40 watts per square foot, but also a light that spans as big a section of the foot print as possible for more even coverage, 90cm is also very low and will bring a lot of challenges, I have a 120cm tall tent and that is already too low. 

Also don't start off with Autos, they're way less forgiving than photos and harder to get a good crop from the extra 2-3 weeks it takes to grow a photo will get you a far easier ride and likely a much better yield of higher quality buds. 

• Like 2

As a pretty new newbie, this is what I got ..... :)

60x60x140 tent .... (Amazon)

Viparspectra P1000 ... (Amazon) .... this runs at low wattage usage .... full power it draws 100 watts

Ac Infinity Cloudline 4" lite ... (LED Grow Shop UK) plus an AC infinity controller 69 with Bluetooth, bought these two on a deal.

I got a reasonable crop ... 1 Northern light Auto .... it could have been better :mellow:

Those 3 essential pieces of gear done me well on my 1st growth, and surprisingly it didn't cost as much as I thought it would. Do not buy a Kit, it's false economy and you will replace bits.

Is this your 1st grow ?

My second grow (underway) I have added the viparspectra P600 .... if I had known about migro at the time I might of went with them. :)

As others have said, go for more height, I'd say at least 160cm or if you can, go for 2m. I've just downsized to a 75x75x200 and its perfect size for 4 plants, although I have 6-7 in here atm, you can see how everything you need can fit inside and allow space for plants to grow. 

large.IMG_20231015_200748368_HDR_i8qJe4wC63.jpeg

If this is too big try look for a 60x60x160/180, that'll still be sweet, good luck with what you decide.

:yinyang:

• Like 3

As a complete beginner, I have nothing to add regarding experience. However, I have already seen how height is a big consideration regarding the tent. I'm glad I went for a 2m high tent (even though it's caused a few headaches making it fit into the available space). Once the fan, filter and lights are in place, the available height for the plants to grow is greatly reduced. 

Good luck :yep:

My set up uses a Mars Hydro FC E3000 and 2 x FC E4800 lights. No idea how they compare to other lights as I've never grown indoors before but the plants seem happy enough.

large.6511c5bda416e_cbd259233.jpglarge.6526b8f861104_cbd1110231.jpg

• Like 7

Just now, disco survivor said:

...but the plants seem happy enough.

large.6511c5bda416e_cbd259233.jpglarge.6526b8f861104_cbd1110231.jpg

:rofl:...happy enough ?

Dude, @disco survivor, those beauties are loving your green fingers !

Nice set up, too :yep:

@mani, I pretty much agree with previous comments. Get the biggest tent your space and budget can afford. Have a nosey on Gumtree, might pick up a decent secondhand deal. Small tents are a false economy, imho, unless you just use them to veg.

Take your time, don't rush into summat. Black Friday's just around the corner, might be some good deals about...

And for the sake of a few of weeks, I'd also recommend a fem photo, autos can be a tad temperamental.

Time well spent in the planning stage can save you £££'s and grief further down the line.

Good luck !

8 hours ago, handysmoker said:

As a pretty new newbie, this is what I got ..... :)

60x60x140 tent .... (Amazon)

Viparspectra P1000 ... (Amazon) .... this runs at low wattage usage .... full power it draws 100 watts

Ac Infinity Cloudline 4" lite ... (LED Grow Shop UK) plus an AC infinity controller 69 with Bluetooth, bought these two on a deal.

I got a reasonable crop ... 1 Northern light Auto .... it could have been better :mellow:

Those 3 essential pieces of gear done me well on my 1st growth, and surprisingly it didn't cost as much as I thought it would. Do not buy a Kit, it's false economy and you will replace bits.

Is this your 1st grow ?

My second grow (underway) I have added the viparspectra P600 .... if I had known about migro at the time I might of went with them. :)

Hi

Full flower so you are recommending Viparspectra P1000 instead of  Viparspectra XS1500 Pro

• Like 1