Curing Jars

MoT

Just now, monkeypig said:

I shall not judge you, I will just pity you , you poor thing with broken taste buds:)

Iv got a delonghi coffee machine that i tried to persist with for atleast a year, i could never get a nice strong hit of coffee from it, then it kept blocking up, i got pissed off with it and relegated it to the back of the kitchen cupboard.

Makes nice fothy milk but thats all i could get out of it:wallbash:lol

• Like 4

15 hours ago, OldFord said:

an average fem  1.5ltr or 3ltrs mate     

where do ya get the 1.5 & 3.0 L jars from?

mystic

• Like 2

Dormeo pillows are shit hot! lol 

I never found jars to be smell proof even the Kilner ones. They all have a slight smell leak. Very noticeable if you keep them in an enclosed space such as a cupboard. When you open the door you can smell it. Used to wrap them in clingfilm but that doesn’t work just minimises it slightly so then they would then go into cool bags or freezer bags the foil liner helps a bit more. We’re all nose blind! I had a break from it for about 10 years and it stinks! 
Grove bags all the way for me now can’t smell a thing. (I think anyway lol noseblind again these days! :) ) 

• Like 4

Just now, Hole in the clouds said:

They all have a slight smell leak.

It's true. Put water in a jar and turn it upside down, if ANY water comes out so will the smell of weed.

The only thing I've found that definitely contains smell and can be opened and re-closed easily when needed is vacuum pots, e.g. Tightvac etc. But you have to use another container inside them too because getting any stray material on the sealing surfaces stops them working.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Hole in the clouds said:

Grove bags all the way for me now can’t smell a thing. (I think anyway lol noseblind again these days! :) ) 

I find that unless you heat seal them they still arnt 100%, and im really nose blind hahah

• Like 3

Just now, Bobcharlieeeee said:

I find that unless you heat seal them they still arnt 100%, and im really nose blind hahah

Yeah your right but only if you stick your nose right on the seal. The material the seal is made from is obviously different to the rest of bag. I heat sealed them for long term storage. My daily is going to smell anyway as does the grinder, pipe etc. I’ve been using the grove bags for those too though. It does help a lot. I’ve got a busy house! And also shares in those Ona blocks! lol 

I can get these giant thick Mylar bags for free you can cut them to whatever size you want but you need a really big heat sealer to seal them. The seal is about 8mm wide. They would be ideal if you didn’t need an industrial sealer. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, disco survivor said:

Anyone thought of using a Desiccant Silica Gel pack in the jar for excess moisture absorption

Never, no need for them or those bovida packs. Brown bagging them will even out and get rid of any excess moisture. :yep:

Blueberry and Ocean Grown cookies buds brown bagged

• Like 8

4 hours ago, mysticriver said:

where do ya get the 1.5 & 3.0 L jars from?

mystic

Dunelms mate  ,   normally carry a brilliant range.     There was also bigger jars , screw tops , but designed for liquid / juice ,  very smart indeed :yep:

• Like 3

Don’t forget , ‘Ball’ wide mouth canning jars, screw lid.

I’ve been using mines a few years now, perfect seal no smell.
945ml jar holds an oz easy, 1.5 if the nugs are quite dense, as good as, and slightly cheaper than their kilner counterparts. I like them aswell, got a couple of old retired 2ltr ones, but I love my medium sized Balls:D . Would recommend.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Hole in the clouds said:

Dormeo pillows are shit hot! lol 

I never found jars to be smell proof even the Kilner ones. They all have a slight smell leak. Very noticeable if you keep them in an enclosed space such as a cupboard. When you open the door you can smell it. Used to wrap them in clingfilm but that doesn’t work just minimises it slightly so then they would then go into cool bags or freezer bags the foil liner helps a bit more. We’re all nose blind! I had a break from it for about 10 years and it stinks! 

Not too keen on memory foam pillows, or microfibres, just find i get a better nights rest with old skool feather and down (i can't afford buying down only, only, holy shit), and if you wanna give me the goose and duck to eat so it's not solely for that reason, i won't say no, although duck , unless it's crispy duck is my least favourite, even compared to greasy ol' goose

Edited by MoT

15 hours ago, disco survivor said:

Anyone thought of using a Desiccant Silica Gel pack in the jar for excess moisture absorption?

Some people have dried out their bud with desiccant but most will only store when it’s ready to be stored !

if it starts sweating once jarred I’d dry it a bit more then back in the jar.

you can get bovida packs that will maintain a certain moisture level in your jars, some love em but I’ve never tried them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

Iv got a delonghi coffee machine that i tried to persist with for atleast a year, i could never get a nice strong hit of coffee from it, then it kept blocking up, i got pissed off with it and relegated it to the back of the kitchen cupboard.

French press / cafetière for the cheapo win !

Edited by LA LUNA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MoT said:

Not too keen on memory foam pillows, or microfibres, just find i get a better nights rest with old skool feather and down (i can't afford buying down only, only, holy shit), and if you wanna give me the goose and duck to eat so it's not solely for that reason, i won't say no, although duck , unless it's crispy duck is my least favourite, even compared to greasy ol' goose

I’ve got a theory that the stupider the animal the nicer it tastes :) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hole in the clouds said:

I’ve got a theory that the stupider the animal the nicer it tastes :) 

I could make a sexist joke here, but i'll be the better person and refrain.... lol

• Like 1