Curing Jars

MoT

Hey guys

Just thought i'd do some sharing and caring here, ASDA are selling 1700ml clip top jars for £1.75 reduced from an already reasonable £2.00, picked up a couple myself today rather than the £4.00 that IKEA wanted, They are also doing the 600ml for £1.25 reduced from £1.50 :) sure that's gotta be of some use to know!  :D

Oh and mods i'f i'm not allowed to post this, please delete.... :/

• Like 3

I'd be wary about them, if they're the same type as the one I bought from ASDA a while back they're not airtight :doh:

• Like 5

Just now, Boojum said:

I'd be wary about them, if they're the same type as the one I bought from ASDA a while back they're not airtight :doh:

Ah crap, i was trying to be helpful, i'll stick some carbonated water in one later and give it a shake see what happens :/

If they aren't i'll just have to run a bead of silicon around the top to make it so i guess :)

Edited by MoT
Added content

I may have just got a dud one.

The tall, square-base plastic containers (I think they're for cereal) they sell with the 'Smart Seal' lids are airtight, though :)

• Like 2

Having had so many issues with jars ,  i strictly stick to likner clip types and renew the seal annually with a home made one from silicone rubber sheet.

Not snobbish , once i have burped sometimes it can be a long time before i visit a jar and tend to stack them ,  i find lesser brands & tub lids depress and leak if i stack.

Each to their own and Dunelms had a wicked sale on kilners not so long ago.     

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Boojum said:

You were absolutely right, APOLOGIES EVERYONE, the twatting things aren't even water tight, let alone airtight..... if i can't find the receipt they may be being returned to asda minus the refund, via a window, what a crock of shit

Edited by MoT
DON'T EVEN BOTHER FUCK ASDA, SHIT QUALITY, TOSSERS
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, OldFord said:

Having had so many issues with jars ,  i strictly stick to likner clip types and renew the seal annually with a home made one from silicone rubber sheet.

Not snobbish , once i have burped sometimes it can be a long time before i visit a jar and tend to stack them ,  i find lesser brands & tub lids depress and leak if i stack.

Each to their own and Dunelms had a wicked sale on kilners not so long ago.     

Not snobbish, i just expected a clip jar with a fucking siliicone seal, to actually seal..... what a joke, even without a sale i guess it's a decent reason to visit dunelm, i do like their bedding and duck/goose down pillows, and they arent a terrible ripoff for them, and the other bedding when discounted is a steal and lovely quality

• Like 2

Is there any way for one of the MODS to edit the thread title to "Curing jars that are absolutely shit!!!" please?

Edited by MoT
Not sure if you can tell but that's pissed me right off.
  • Like 3

Just now, MoT said:

Not snobbish, i just expected a clip jar with a fucking siliicone seal, to actually seal..... what a joke, even without a sale i guess it's a decent reason to visit dunelm, i do like their bedding and duck/goose down pillows, and they arent a terrible ripoff for them, and the other bedding when discounted is a steal and lovely quality

Yeah i hear you mate ,  i like my kilners  , evry one i have dropped even on tiled floors has never broken .. like tonka toys mate lol      

• Like 4

Just now, OldFord said:

Yeah i hear you mate ,  i like my kilners  , evry one i have dropped even on tiled floors has never broken .. like tonka toys mate lol      

@OldFord any recommendation on what size to go for, or  is that more of a "how much do you wanna put in one jar" question?

• Like 1

Just now, MoT said:

@OldFord any recommendation on what size to go for, or  is that more of a "how much do you wanna put in one jar" question?

Only EVER fill a jar 2/3 full !!!!    it needs room to breathe sir ,   overfill and i guarentee it will turn brown & furry in a few days.  

An avergae auto i use a 1ltr    ,  an average fem  1.5ltr or 3ltrs mate     

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OldFord said:

Only EVER fill a jar 2/3 full !!!!    it needs room to breathe sir ,   overfill and i guarentee it will turn brown & furry in a few days.  

An avergae auto i use a 1ltr    ,  an average fem  1.5ltr or 3ltrs mate     

@OldFord cheers matey, just looked and there is actually a "The range" store closer than "Dunelm", and the genuine kilners are 1 pence cheaper...wow...LMAO however fuel taking into account.... :/   although as i said, i'm a sucker for decent proper pillows......

Edited by MoT
Looks like "the range" can go and fuck themselves as well as ASDA, Don't seem to have a way to check if stock in store, and want to charge the same price as the item...to deliver it to the store, piss off ye fannys
  • Like 1

The square plastic cereal containers from Asda I mentioned are cool for jarring weed, the sealing mechanism works perfectly, they're what I use (they stack well too cos the lids are flat, not that I've yet grown enough to need stacking jars lol ).

• Like 6

Just now, Barry blunt said:

Reminds me I need a new pillow lol 

None of that microfibre bollocks then!!!!

• Like 1