Curing Jars

MoT

Yeah I've had the 'ASDA WOW!' to 'Fucking Shite ASDA Wank!' within an hour of getting home - in the past.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LA LUNA said:

I’ve tweaked the metal clips with pliers in the past to make them clip together tighter and that worked :yep:

For mine, that would have only worked if you swapped out their crappy silicone collar for a proper kilner quality rubber one.  The seal itself seemed to transmit the smell in a way that rubber does not and retain it when removed somewhat.

• Like 2

Anyone thought of using a Desiccant Silica Gel pack in the jar for excess moisture absorption?

large.64b8bc9344c7d_Screenshot2023-07-20at05_33_25.png

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, disco survivor said:

Anyone thought of using a Desiccant Silica Gel pack in the jar for excess moisture absorption?

large.64b8bc9344c7d_Screenshot2023-07-20at05_33_25.png

No , No and hell no mate.    I have seen those that do ,   generally you get the powdery / dusty coating on them when they arrive and you popthem in your jars ,  that powdery coating is the bags internals , silica is one i dont fancy coating my green with or consuming.     nothing personal , just not my liking :yep:

I do see folk using them and even hearing microwaing methods to rehydrate ,  i personally would rather burp my own jars til im happy.  

Each to their own and as members point out , we all dty slightly diff.  

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 6

Just now, OldFord said:

No , No and hell no mate.    I have seen those that do ,   generally you get the podery / dusty coating on them when they arrive and you popthem in your jars ,  that powdery coating is the bags internals , silica is one i dont fancy coating my green with or consuming.     nothing personal , just not my liking :yep:

I do see folk using them and even hearing microwaing methods to rehydrate ,  i personally would rather burp my own jars til im happy.  

Each to their own and as members point out , we all dty slightly diff.  

Thanks for the info. just wondered if it was an easy fix solution but obviously not. :yep:

• Like 3

Just now, disco survivor said:

Thanks for the info. just wondered if it was an easy fix solution but obviously not. :yep:

I have seen so many people use diff methods from dried beans  / pulses / salt in bags /  rice ...the list is endless mate.   All for people getting inventive sir. :yep:       

For me ,  i take my time to grow ,  take my time to mature  and may as well take my time drying lol    

I get some people need / want to consume as soon as its down :)        

• Like 3

12 hours ago, sweepy said:

I use the large douwe egberts coffee jars for curing, luckily they drink a lot of shite coffee at work :)

We go through a large jar every 2 weeks at work, i have probably 20 jars in total nowlol

nothing beats them imo, i dont get any smell and the seals seem to last,

iv used kilner jars but i get smells

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

We go through a large jar every 2 weeks at work,

I weas about to ssk if you had any jobs going, then I realised it was a jar of coffee flavoured water you were getting through a week, not a jar of weed!:rofl:

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

We go through a large jar every 2 weeks at work, i have probably 20 jars in total nowlol

nothing beats them imo, i dont get any smell and the seals seem to last,

iv used kilner jars but i get smells

Well that made me chuckle.  Douwe Egberts better than Kilners, who knew? What size are they?  I had a quick look and saw a 200g jar that looked to have a kind of Mason Jar Stopper in the top. I get a slight smell with some Kilners - enough for the missus or kids to ask what that *awful* smell is - if the seal isnt just right or the hinge is pushing the lid slightly out of kilter, so always on the lookout for a good solution.

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 2

I used to use the Douwe jars too and found they were great for keeping weed in after a good wash. You can take off the plastic bit under the lid and put a label in then replace so you know what you've put in there.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, monkeypig said:

I weas about to ssk if you had any jobs going, then I realised it was a jar of coffee flavoured water you were getting through a week, not a jar of weed!:rofl:

As controversial as this will sound, i prefer douwe egberts over "real" coffee lol

• Like 3

Just now, Bobcharlieeeee said:

As controversial as this will sound, i prefer douwe egberts over "real" coffee lol

I shall not judge you, I will just pity you , you poor thing with broken taste buds:)

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

Well that made me chuckle.  Douwe Egberts better than Kilners, who knew? What size are they?  I had a quick look and saw a 200g jar that looked to have a kind of Mason Jar Stopper in the top. I get a slight smell with some Kilners - enough for the missus or kids to ask what that *awful* smell is - if the seal isnt just right or the hinge is pushing the lid slightly out of kilter, so always on the lookout for a good solution.

They are the large ones you can buy, we get them at the cash and carry. small jars are good too, but i cant fit my hand in the jar:crybaby:lol

they work well for me, but im pretty nose blind at the best of times

• Like 3

I find that an oz dried fits just right in the DE jars and ive had no issues with smell or anything else, never had anything in there for longer than 6 months or so though

• Like 3

Just now, Bobcharlieeeee said:

They are the large ones you can buy, we get them at the cash and carry. small jars are good too, but i cant fit my hand in the jar:crybaby:lol

they work well for me, but im pretty nose blind at the best of times

I can't agree with you on the coffee, but I can on the beats! I will have to see what I can do, if they are 1 - 2 litre jars and as you sa y, you can get your hand in them :) I have a more sensitive nose than some and as I say, Kilners are not 100% always unless I get everything lined up perfectly, so I will keep 'em peeled!

• Like 1