First attempt in 10 years

Shaunx

Ok, tried to cut it out but it looked like it was right through to the stalk so cut the tops off both buds below any signs of rot. Bagged everythng and removed it from the greenhouse.

Not a big deal for me. The indoor grow was always my goal and she's nearly ready for harvest.

Weather and humidity here are terrible now and look set to stay like that so we'll see I guess.

Indoors however, the carbon filter/extractor fan seems to be doing it's job well, humidity still only varies between 40-65 and she looks really healthy. Still a few clear trichomes and a some white pistils so a few more days hopefully ..

large.IMG_0720.JPEG

large.IMG_0717.JPEGlarge.IMG_0718.JPEG

• Like 7
Just now, Shumroom said:

You can probably save some of the top cola and use it for edibles. 

But make sure you separate any rot and bin/compost that. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

Thanks mate. I actually only cut the tops off those colas, below where there was any rot. Should I have taken the whole colas ?

Not suire about making edibles, though I am planning to save the trimmings from the indoor girl to freeze and maybe try for some bubble hash at some point :)

Looking at the pics u should be ok with what u chopped away good clean growth showing were u cut so it should be fine.

Looks like she only needs a couple of weeks and there's a change in the weather for next week so get her in the sun when u can.

• Like 2

As @murphyblue says,

you should be good from there :punk:

Edibles are a great way to get the last of the good stuff from all of your work :D 

You can even make edibles/coconut oil etc from the leftovers after a bubble hash run,

i've done this a couple of times now and the washing in water seems to get rid of a lot of the plant taste from the final product :thumsup:

It's dead easy too :) 

Just make sure you don't use any rotted material,

we don't really want to be ingesting it,

though it's probably less of an issue than inhaling it???

Hopefully you get some decent sunshine to finish her off,

it's colder at nights now(where I am) already though which is a recipe for condensation.

Fingers crossed you get a decent bit off this girl.

Atb

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

Looking at the pics u should be ok with what u chopped away good clean growth showing were u cut so it should be fine.

Looks like she only needs a couple of weeks and there's a change in the weather for next week so get her in the sun when u can.

Thanks mate, fingers crossed

• Like 2
Just now, Shumroom said:

As @murphyblue says,

you should be good from there :punk:

Edibles are a great way to get the last of the good stuff from all of your work :D 

You can even make edibles/coconut oil etc from the leftovers after a bubble hash run,

i've done this a couple of times now and the washing in water seems to get rid of a lot of the plant taste from the final product :thumsup:

It's dead easy too :) 

Just make sure you don't use any rotted material,

we don't really want to be ingesting it,

though it's probably less of an issue than inhaling it???

Hopefully you get some decent sunshine to finish her off,

it's colder at nights now(where I am) already though which is a recipe for condensation.

Fingers crossed you get a decent bit off this girl.

Atb

Thanks mate, I've binned everything I cut away.

Actually read your bubble hash thread which gave me the idea. Had no idea ice water could do that ! :)

• Like 2

Think u done the right thing mate it's ur lungs at the end of the day. :yep:

What i meant by get her in the sun was if u can safely put her outside the greenhouse in the sun (when its shining) do so.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, murphyblue said:

What i meant by get her in the sun was if u can safely put her outside the greenhouse in the sun (when its shining) do so.

noted, thanks mate

Hi @Shumroom, Can I ask, for the tent girl, what is the point before harvest when I should switch from nutrient feeding to pure water to flush ?  Do I wait until it's ready to harvest or try to go a few days before then ? Thanks.

20 hours ago, murphyblue said:

Sun's out this morning and now looking set to stay for a good few days, so advice taken and the girl is out in the sun (which was actually @Shumroom's advice from the very start!)

Am I better off leaving her outside overnight now, or putting her back in the greenhouse overnight ? Forecast depending ?

Cheers

large.IMG_0724.jpg

• Like 5

I would try and leave her outside as humidity will be higher in the greenhouse with less airflow.

That being said if u got any rain forecast try and get her in.

The man u need really as garden stuff is his department is @OldFord but he his hopefully taking things easy. :yep:

When checking for rot pay attention to the node areas i have noticed a lot of the time its the preflowers more often than not where the rot starts.

• Like 7
14 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

I would try and leave her outside as humidity will be higher in the greenhouse with less airflow.

That being said if u got any rain forecast try and get her in.

The man u need really as garden stuff is his department is @OldFord but he his hopefully taking things easy. :yep:

When checking for rot pay attention to the node areas i have noticed a lot of the time its the preflowers more often than not where the rot starts.

thanks for the advice mate

• Like 3

@Shaunx   The coming wk is forecast to be ok ,  dump their their fine asses outdoors  ,  rather have them out  in the open air would be my call. 

Fresh air for a wk  ,  extra air movement always welcome.

All the best with it mate

• Like 8
1 hour ago, OldFord said:

@Shaunx   The coming wk is forecast to be ok ,  dump their their fine asses outdoors  ,  rather have them out  in the open air would be my call. 

Fresh air for a wk  ,  extra air movement always welcome.

All the best with it mate

Thanks mate :)

• Like 2