First attempt in 10 years

Shaunx

Another week on gents, @shumroom, @MidgeSmith, please tell me what you think ?

My close ups are still pants I'm afraid. Actually took 60 shots this morning to get these few almost in focus ones !

To me it looks like I have over 90% brown pistils, though it does look like I still have some glassy trichomes..maybe.. ?

Should I start flushing yet ? Thanks

large.IMG_0808.JPEG

large.IMG_0812.JPEGlarge.IMG_0813.JPEGlarge.IMG_0884.JPEG

large.IMG_0876.JPEGlarge.IMG_0852.JPEGlarge.IMG_0851.JPEGlarge.IMG_0822.JPEG

• Like 8

They look good .... :woot:

I'm going to put my foot in the water and say .... if not now, they are very close, next day or so .... :unsure:

If I'm wrong, someone will correct me.

Got your storage ready ? And is it gonna be joints, pipes, bongs or vape or all of them :fart:

• Like 3

I agree with Handysmoker. If it were me, I'd be choosing a day during the next few days that is convenient to harvest as they are just entering the harvest zone to my eye.  Many would wait another week I am sure, some folk like a lot more ambering than that, but I feel like I can see the colour shift coming on.  They'll possibly be a touch riper at the end of a week than today, but they're definitely looking like they're up for a party to me. It's hard to be precise at that level of zoom (I find it difficult to get *much* closer) but they look to me like they are at roughly optimal strength, mainly cloudy, some milky, so getting more tawny, a rougher look to the trichome heads and the buds look to have swollen as much as they are going to.

The day before your harvest day, I like to switch off the lights at the latest convenient time and let them sit in the dark until I am ready to harvest the next day.  Then I cut them free from their roots before lights on.  There is talk and evidence that the plants are best harvested before they suck raw materials back up from the roots to start the day, but I am sure few would notice any difference. It might make no difference, I can't say I have noticed any, but it adds to the delightful mythos of harvest :)

Congratulations anyway dude, you have done a stirling job and made it to the end.  Personally I would say that the exact moment is down to personal preference now. :smokin:

• Like 4

@MidgeSmith, Thanks mate, your advice is much appreciated. I think, unless anyone else disagrees, I'm gonna leave it till the weekend to chop. To be sure to be sure :)

I have been reading that it's beneficial to flush the plant with just water for a few days to a week. So if nothing else I should switch to pure water now right ?

Edited by Shaunx
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, handysmoker said:

They look good .... :woot:

I'm going to put my foot in the water and say .... if not now, they are very close, next day or so .... :unsure:

If I'm wrong, someone will correct me.

Got your storage ready ? And is it gonna be joints, pipes, bongs or vape or all of them :fart:

I've nicked all my Mrs's Kilner preserving jars ;) and it's gonna be vape only for me. Quit smoking many years ago but still vape tobaco so got myself an Xmax V3 Pro. I've also been building myself a vape n' stash box from a nice board of Cherry I've had for ages. I'll share some pics when I'm done.

• Like 5

I like a nice bit of carpentry,

so I look forward to seeing your box ;)lol 

Yeah,

get them on plain water for the final few days :D 

They’ve swelled up very nicely in the last week :thumsup:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2
Just now, Shumroom said:

I like a nice bit of carpentry,

so I look forward to seeing your box ;)lol 

Yeah,

get them on plain water for the final few days :D 

They’ve swelled up very nicely in the last week :thumsup:

Atb

Thank you sir !

Switching top water now.

Exciting times :thumsup:

• Like 4

Lovely stuff both indoors and out. Rots been a real pain this year due to our crap summer so sorry to see that.

Your indoor girl looks beautiful, some nice fat buds you've got there to enjoy.

Good luck with the harvest and enjoy :yep:

• Like 4
Just now, CustardVape said:

Lovely stuff both indoors and out. Rots been a real pain this year due to our crap summer so sorry to see that.

Your indoor girl looks beautiful, some nice fat buds you've got there to enjoy.

Good luck with the harvest and enjoy :yep:

Thanks man, I'm beyond excited!!!

• Like 5

Well it's freakin' 30 degrees here today and I'm melting. Where the hell did that come from ? Too hot for my northern bones. I've switched the tent light to a 9pm to 9am cycle for the last few days as I can't keep the temp below 30 degrees otherwise. (Did I read somewhere here that a 12:12 cycle might be good for finishing an auto anyway?)

Outside, the humidity from about 1am to 6am is well in the 90's and it's misty till the sun burns through and brings the humidity down. I've had to remove the tops from another 2 colas on the WW. The rot seems to be only affecting the very top of colas so fingers crossed.

Hoping I can keep the WW going until I've dried the Fast Eddy in the tent as I'm sure it would be a bad idea to try and dry a plant that had been infected next to a healthy one. Otherwise it'll have to go in the shed.

One thing I've noticed about the WW compared to the Fast Eddy. If I touch a cola when I'm shaking the morning dew off, the resin does not want to come off my fingers ! Really hot water, washing up liquid and a scrubbing brush. Still sticky ! Is that a WW feature ?

large.IMG_0903.jpg

Edited by Shaunx
  • Like 3

70 - 100% Alcohol is great for removing any residue but isn't very kind to the skin, 

especially if you have any problems already with dry skin etc. 

I now tend to use just a tiny bit of Olive oil to remove the sticky mess, 

then wash off the oil with some washing up liquid/soap etc. 

I have a wee rag in a bag(just a piece of old t-shirt), 

the rag has been soaked with olive oil, 

hence the bag :naughty:

So I just use this rag to wipe my hands before washing them. 

The rag is also great for cleaning my snips and keeping them in tip top condition. 

As for the WW trichomes, 

you'll find that some plants will have really oily or sticky trichomes others are quite dry almost sandy. 

I can't remember what my last experience of WW was like as it was so long ago. 

I've never tried making WW hash,

others might have a better recollection :smokin:

Atb 

• Like 3

Got up sharp and took the big girl outside the garage to get some pics in the early sun and before the neighbours get up.

Much easier to macro focus in the sunshine !

I can definately see some ambering trichomes on some of the buds so I guess we're good to go on Satuday..

@Shumroom, shoiuld I turn the light of permanently tonight to give it 36 hours darkness before I chop Saturday?

Only thing that might be a concern is that temps here are forecast to be around 30 degrees until late Monday then they drop to 20 ish, so I won't be able to get the tent temp down below about 24-25 degrees until Tuesday, when I'll be able to get it down to 17-19c hopefully from then on.

large.IMG_0905.JPEG

large.IMG_0906.JPEGlarge.IMG_0907.JPEGlarge.IMG_0908.JPEG

large.IMG_0913.JPEGlarge.IMG_0918.JPEGlarge.IMG_0920.JPEGlarge.IMG_0929.JPEGlarge.IMG_0946.JPEG

Edited by Shaunx
  • Like 3

Oh, yeah :woot: ..... looks like there are ready .... pic 3 you can see it's cloudy all over :fart:

Chop, Chop, Chop is in your near future.

Chop a small bud now and give it a dry and see what you could be getting :yinyang:

• Like 2