First attempt in 10 years

Shaunx

Just now, Shumroom said:

Fan placement is about trying to get some air around the buds/canopy.

If it's right in front of the grille then it'll be blowing cold air(comparatively) at the plants,

so that might not be the best idea.

Since I switched from HPS to LEDs I've had to make use of seed mats and tube heaters to keep my environment in the right ballpark.

It's definitely possible that it's been the slightly cold temps that have been responsible for the yellowing of the bottom leaves,

so going forward I'd still increase the feed as I mentioned,

plus try to keep the minimum temp up above 20C as the damp compost will usually drop a little below air temp :) 

Does your tent have any Ducting openings available ?

Atb

:yinyang:

I've upped the nutrients and moved the fan above the canopy with it placed on the 18/6 schedule. Also switched the light on a couple of hours ahead of schedule today to get the temp up.

There are a number of , I think 4inch, openings with double draw string closures. The top one is used for the carbon filter ducting, there's 3 low ones (about half way up the plant) which just have the tank feed and fan wire through them, and are currently drawstrung (is that a word?). There's also a sealable mesh panel low down which I have unsealed to allow some fresh air in. With that open the carbon filter still removes all the smell.

• Like 1

If you do have problems keeping the temperature up,

you could use a piece of ducting through one of the spare drawstrung holes and have the other end elevated so that it’s taking air in from above ground height :) 

But if things keep working as they are that’s great :yep:

Atb

• Like 2

Hi @Shumroom, ok I'm starting to worry now. 2 days later and the yellowing is spreading through the plant, see below. Looks pretty grim to me.

I've upped the nutrients and I can see the tank level is going down (perhaps I need to try a top watering?)

The temp is still dropping to 20 degrees when the light it off for its 6 hours so I've actually just turned it on permanently today for a few hours

The blurb on the strain says it should go from seed to harvest in 10-12 weeks (hence fast eddy I guess). I sowed the seed on 9th june so I quess technically I'm nearly week 8 now. Don't know if that's relevant?

large.Capture.JPG

• Like 4

Don't panic :) 

But this is definitely showing Nitrogen deficiency.

Your plant is doing exactly what it would do in the wild and that's take the mobile elements(primarily Nitrogen) from the leaves to keep the buds going in the hope of being pollinated.

Top watering?

Only if you feel that the pots aren't very heavy at all,

I haven't used Autopots but I know that some folk like them and others hate them,

this is often the case with a lot of systems.

Some systems suit some folk better than others for lots of different reasons.

Having the light on 24 hours will definitely help with the temperature,

so the main thing for us to do is to make sure that there is enough(but not too much) food available.

The best way to do this is to go in with around 3.0ml/l of A and B for a couple of days.

Breeders suggested flowering times are not generally very accurate at the best of times and they are often even further off with autos,

I think they're going on some sort of ideal condition grow,

but I can't be sure they're not just picking the numbers out of thin air lol 

I'd say that she definitely has at Least 3 weeks to go until harvest,

but it could be a couple more :g:

I meant to ask previously but I forgot,

how's the relative humidity in the tent?

Atb

• Like 4
Just now, Shumroom said:

Don't panic :) 

But this is definitely showing Nitrogen deficiency.

Your plant is doing exactly what it would do in the wild and that's take the mobile elements(primarily Nitrogen) from the leaves to keep the buds going in the hope of being pollinated.

Top watering?

Only if you feel that the pots aren't very heavy at all,

I haven't used Autopots but I know that some folk like them and others hate them,

this is often the case with a lot of systems.

Some systems suit some folk better than others for lots of different reasons.

Having the light on 24 hours will definitely help with the temperature,

so the main thing for us to do is to make sure that there is enough(but not too much) food available.

The best way to do this is to go in with around 3.0ml/l of A and B for a couple of days.

Breeders suggested flowering times are not generally very accurate at the best of times and they are often even further off with autos,

I think they're going on some sort of ideal condition grow,

but I can't be sure they're not just picking the numbers out of thin air lol 

I'd say that she definitely has at Least 3 weeks to go until harvest,

but it could be a couple more :g:

I meant to ask previously but I forgot,

how's the relative humidity in the tent?

Atb

Thank you sir, I really appreciate your help.

I have one of those little gadgets that remembers max and min temp and rel humidity. Humidity varies between 40% and 65%.

Ok, I'll leave the light on and just turn it off for a while if she's getting stressed. I've reset the gadget so I can get humidity readings with it permanently on.

I've increased the nutrient level again in the tank to around 3ml/l ish. The tank (70L) is about half full so I can easily dilute it again if necessary.

Difficult to measure exactly how much she's drinking (I should have thought of a method earlier!) Taking measurements of the tank cross section at water level and knowing how much it's dropping per day I'd say it's about 750-790ml/day.

Thanks again mate

• Like 3

Hi @Shaunx

Sounds like your freaking out somewhat with the leaves, I know cause that's just what i did, and I'm sure many other newbies have

.... As @Shumroom says, the yellowing of leaves at this stage is normal .... :yep: Your plant will now be putting its energy into the flowers and pull energy from the leaves, around two weeks ago i stop using Bio Grow and just used Bio Bloom .... doesn't seem to have harmed her the buds just got bigger :thumsup:

Your girl is looking cool and well on its way .... :yep:

Thanks to @Shumroom advice/suggestions, I'm going to be cropping my 2 girls after this post .... the guy is a gem.

Prof. Shumroom PhD, University of UK420 ...... :badass:

Chill out a bit more and get ready to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, handysmoker said:

Hi @Shaunx

Sounds like your freaking out somewhat with the leaves, I know cause that's just what i did, and I'm sure many other newbies have

.... As @Shumroom says, the yellowing of leaves at this stage is normal .... :yep: Your plant will now be putting its energy into the flowers and pull energy from the leaves, around two weeks ago i stop using Bio Grow and just used Bio Bloom .... doesn't seem to have harmed her the buds just got bigger :thumsup:

Your girl is looking cool and well on its way .... :yep:

Thanks to @Shumroom advice/suggestions, I'm going to be cropping my 2 girls after this post .... the guy is a gem.

Prof. Shumroom PhD, University of UK420 ...... :badass:

Chill out a bit more and get ready to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

Thanks man, yeah, I was definitely freaking out. A wee bit calmer now. I thought this stuff was supposed to be good for the nerves ;)

• Like 4

Ok, 5 days after upping the nutrients and keeping temps up, she looks a lot healthier to me. Definately not any more fading, the buds are growing nicely and she's drinking more. Actually looks less yellow than the previous pic to me (though not sure if it can actually reverse).

large.IMG_0349.jpeg

large.IMG_0352.jpeg

large.IMG_0362.jpeg

Tried to get some close ups but not great I'm afraid..

large.IMG_0357.jpeglarge.IMG_0354.jpeg

Meanwhile, all appears well in the greehouse ( @Shumroom , I haven't moved them outside yet as I've got the doors permanently wide open and several panes removed from the back so there's a constant breeze blowing through)

White Widow

large.IMG_0363.jpeg

.appears to have started flowering..

large.IMG_0364.jpeg

.and the sklinny Fast Eddy..

large.IMG_0366.jpeg

..definately flowering..

large.IMG_0367.jpeg

• Like 8

That’s really nice to see that she’s made such an improvement :thumsup:

Stick with that feed level,

don’t be tempted increase it.

Then as she gets closer to harvest you’ll want to drop the feed levels back down to get nice smooth smoking weed :D 

The White Widow might just be having issues with the low nighttime temperature or she could be a tad hungry.

What feed level is she getting?

The fast Eddy might be a wee bit pregnant,

either that or she’s just got big bracts lol

I like big bracts and I cannot lie :eek:

Atb

• Like 6
44 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

That’s really nice to see that she’s made such an improvement :thumsup:

Stick with that feed level,

don’t be tempted increase it.

Then as she gets closer to harvest you’ll want to drop the feed levels back down to get nice smooth smoking weed :D 

The White Widow might just be having issues with the low nighttime temperature or she could be a tad hungry.

What feed level is she getting?

The fast Eddy might be a wee bit pregnant,

either that or she’s just got big bracts lol

I like big bracts and I cannot lie :eek:

Atb

Thanks mate. I'll stick with the level as you advise. Starting to get a bit excited now !

White Widow Auto nutrient level is approx .6 ml/L BcuzZ Soil A+B, same as the indoor plant was before we upped it.

Fast Eddy Pregnant ! haha! how on earth does that happen ? I assumed a male plant would need to be present. My neighbour does keep bees and we get a lot in the garden but I doubt there's anyone round here growing, though I suppose you never know, LOL!

I'll try to take some close ups tomorrow

Cheers

• Like 2

Does the White widow share a reservoir with other plants such as the Fast Eddie?

I reckon the White Widow probably requires a higher strength feed to help her out.

It could just be that the fast Eddie  really swollen,

there might not be any seeds inside :D 

I know it’s not what you were talking about,

but you made me wonder what a mono crop honey would be like if it was only cannabis plants that were visited.

@lildaveham can bees produce honey from cannabis plants?

Atb

• Like 4

@Shumroom

AFAIK the only person I have come across that has “trained” his bees to do this is someone called Nicholas Trainerbees. Have a google and read up about him, it’s interesting and he seems to have managed to train them to forage on cannabis plants. What that translates to in the actual honey containing canabinoids I haven’t a clue.

:smokin:

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Shumroom said:

you made me wonder what a mono crop honey would be like if it was only cannabis plants that were visited

A substance that both creates and satisfies the munchies in an endless loop ? ;)

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Shumroom said:

can bees produce honey from cannabis plants?

No, there's no nectar in cannabis flowers so they can't make honey. They can use pollen from male plants (protein)  to feed the brood but foraging bees won't  be able to land on sticky female flowers without getting stuck and dying. 

• Like 2