A fellow guerilla grower has found me plot.

Underdog

Well sorry if its all genuine be sure to bring it up to the kind person that gave you a pot how frustrating it is .

You basically traded all that hard work and now potentially have to abandon it and come away with 1 fabric pot.

I'd go back if it gets damp or they don't go back that dox won't be readable. 

Are you abandoning it if they don't DM u?

U keeping the pot

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

No I'm not.

I've never purchased seeds from seed stockers. I wasn't even aware they did this huge pot competition until someone here mentioned it.

What exactly would I get out of lying about something like this??

Fair enough.

As others have said, this is not the only forum where Seedstockers run competitions. Not sure about the 420l pot one, maybe that's just here, maybe not. So it might not be anyone here, or it might be a former member who got beans and a pot from Seedstockers last year but never did a diary, or from another year, or they might be from another forum. Or maybe it's Mark himself who discovered your plot and left a wee pressie. :) 

I get why you're freaked out, just dunno what we can do about it...

• Like 1

@B-real.

The thing is there's still a lot of work left to do. There's 22 log pots (I intended on doing more), and I've made them pretty deep and wide. I've only filled one of them up. It's gonna be an absolute graft transporting the soil. Today I brought a collapsible wheel barrow. (That's why I have the cardboard box) Plus watering them from the near by river all season only for the guy to rip me is a piss take.

I don't mind losing 20 odd seedlings. But the work I'd be putting in this plot could be spent on my other plots.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crow River said:

Fair enough.

As others have said, this is not the only forum where Seedstockers run competitions. Not sure about the 420l pot one, maybe that's just here, maybe not. So it might not be anyone here, or it might be a former member who got beans and a pot from Seedstockers last year but never did a diary, or from another year, or they might be from another forum. Or maybe it's Mark himself who discovered your plot and left a wee pressie. :) 

I get why you're freaked out, just dunno what we can do about it...

Do you know when this competition started mate? Are they also doing it this year? And who is Mark is he the owner of the company I take it lol.

Someone said that it looks like an old pot but I think that might be because of the quality of the picture.

large.645010d01eff6_IMG_20230501_151934_0882.jpglarge.645010cc34e91_IMG_20230501_151834_1142.jpg

It looks pretty new to me. (Not sure what happened to the quality of the pictures I originally uploaded)

• Like 3

You can buy the pots but they’re expensive  (£50) so wouldn’t have thought someone would just leave it if they had paid for it. 

• Like 4

Unfortunately , this all apart of the game we're involved in. Improvise, adapt and overcome.  On to the next , pack up your gear and move on . You haven't lost anything apart from the plot and surely you could find something better ?

• Like 7

He doesn't own it I don't think. Seedstockers only been around a few years, since the demise of Dinafem IIRC. So not *that* many people have one of those pots...

Just now, Tommy tucker said:

Unfortunately , this all apart of the game we're involved in. Improvise, adapt and overcome.  On to the next , pack up your gear and move on . You haven't lost anything apart from the plot and surely you could find something better ?

Oh mate I know. I know it sounds silly but I feel like I've lost a part of myself :(

This was my own private paradise. Honestly it's beautiful with the river near by and what not and some great memories haha. Don't get me started on the wild life. (You ever seen a fox taking a shit? Or a pheasant shagging) haha Plus I've put a fuck truck of work into it this year with the log pots.

But you're right. The plot is compromised. Simple as :sadwalk:

Edited by Underdog
spelling error
  • Like 3

Just now, Hole in the clouds said:

You can buy the pots but they’re expensive  (£50) so wouldn’t have thought someone would just leave it if they had paid for it. 

Fuck me I wish I took the pot with me now lol

• Like 2

Not the first time members have stumbled upon each others plots, probably won't be the last either. Underdog you should've left a shitty sock on a stick, as per tradition. Poor show. 

• Like 6

Just now, GSZZ said:

Not the first time members have stumbled upon each others plots, probably won't be the last either. Underdog you should've left a shitty sock on a stick, as per tradition. Poor show. 

Surely the guerilla who came across my plot should be the one who left the shitty sock haha?

• Like 2