Limited Edition Tangy Tree

RUFUS HOUND

This week the tangy tree are showing some beautiful autumnal colours but this is not a good sign - I think its down to cooler temps and what I think is a phosphate deficiency.

They have been getting 3 ml/L of tomatorite (approx. 800ppm), last night  I fed them with 800ppm chempak no.8 (npk= 12.5-25-25) which hopefully will help correct th phosphate but I do have some superphosphate if that might be better fix.

I Increased the sand bed set point on the ink-bird to bring roots temps up to 24'C.

Im going to chop one of the TT this week and give the other 2 another 2 weeks to finish off.

The tangy fitter continue to veg - my 7L rose pots have arrived so I will be repotting into these tonight.

they are currently  being fed 2 ml/L Tomatorite with a misting of 3ml/L seaweed solution once a day.

Photos to follow

• Like 3

Tonights photos 

Tangy Tree 

large.6507695999844_tandytreecanopyday53.jpg

Arty bud shot 

large.650768fc3e37d_TTbud1.jpg

Beautiful colours but not a good sign 

large.650768ed5dfee_TTcolours2.jpglarge.650768dfc5ee3_TTcolours1.jpg

Tangy Fritter - starting to smell a bit now,  so going to link the veg tent  to the flower tent.

large.6507696b40041_tangyfritterveg.jpg

• Like 10

@Shumroom What do you think, phosphate def ????

Ive never had a plant showing this before and the only thing resembling my plants symptoms were a few purple photos on the web.

How long has it been since they were flipped?

They do look a little sparse,

have you done a load of defoliation?

It might be a genetic thing,

possibly combined with a bit of general hunger :g:

I’m not really familiar with the chempack nute range.

From my understanding of leaf colouration is,

these colours are already there throughout the plants life,

but once the mobile nutrients have been drawn from them the green fades to leave these beautiful colours behind.

I know that recently the temperature here has dropped drastically in the last couple of weeks,

my tap water has dropped to the point where I need to introduce much more warm water to bring it up nearer to the temperature that I’ve got my heat mats set to.

I’d be looking at minimum pot and air temperature as it might be encouraging these early autumn colours,

as well as making sure you give them water that’s above 20C.

It’s probably too late to change things,

but more a case of nursing them across the line.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Alright mush, I did lose a fair few leaves when they went dry for a few hours (unexpected guests)., funeral , etc.

Like you we have had a big drop in temps - I bumped the root temps up to 24'C.

the chempak 8 is 12.5-25-25 NPK compared with  the tomatorite at 4-3-8, so has more of everything but substantially more phos

I might have to turn the oil rad onlow but canopy temps are 21/ 29'C lights off/on so pretty much bang on 

PS only in 4L pots so they werent going to be big.

watering - I aways pull off the hot tapthe night before, then let stand to room temp before adding neuts and feeding. try not to use neuts that are oveer 12 hours old.

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1

I'm totally speculating here...

At the time when they dried out it's possible that there may have been some damage caused to some of the roots,

making it more difficult to be able to take up the available nutrition.

That's the trouble with fairly small pots,

i had a similar problem with them becoming dried out when I was using 4l pots one time.

How long do you reckon they've been in flower?

I'm sure they'll be banging :wub:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

I need to check myself to get an exact date - I have tried a few buds and it is indeed bangin :bangin: 

Fairly potent head high - dried in microwava for a quick test, so was a bit rough :no:

• Like 1

@Shumroom By my calcs I make it 74 days, so they should be ready now:smokin:

I was going to chop one and leave the other 2 another week or so, I need to get the tangy fritter in the 7L pots for a bit longer.

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for your loss bro, it's never easy and I take my hat off to you being able to get back on here and keep on.

The colouring happened to mine to a much lesser degree, I think it was the heat change, we went from heatwave to near winter in the Midlands in a week, and then I lost my groom for good at week 7 so they've been adopted by my outdoor growmie.

They do look beautiful though, much better than mine!

• Like 2

Thanks for the love guys much appreciated.

I traced my temperature problems to the oil rad not working - I must have knocked it and the antifall protection had kicked in but hadnt reset. 

Turned power off/on to reset and we were back in business 

Just wondering what temp range do you guys use with the LEDS - My set up

0900 2100 - Im running at 25'C min temp during lights off (inkbird controling oil rad)

2100-0900 - when the lights come on that bumps the temp upto about 28'C which slowly drifts to 30'C overnight 

This gives a sudden drop in temp at 0900 from 30'C to 25 causes a spike in the RH%

My inkbird is the 310 and can do different temps at set times but the menu set up differs from the instructions so cant set it up.any help greatfully accepted not :notworthy:

I would love to get it sorted before I move the Tangy Fritters into the flower tent this week to see if it makes a real difference.

The tangy tree have been chopped and is currently drying 

Tangy tree have been repotted into 7L deep rose pots and they seem to like this , flling the 60x60 veg tent 

• Like 1

That should of read "tangy fritter repotted" - they are filling the 60x60 veg tent and cant really train them as its a jungle in there baby !!!!

not long before the move into the flower tent, just a few days more veg.

large.65200d4e16407_tangyfrittervegging.jpg

• Like 4

I had a bit of free time, so Ive been up in the loft moving the Tangy Fritter girls into the flower tent, they have a bit of room now , so will busy myself LSTing tomorrow/

These should be finished  by mid december fingers crossed so just in time for the festivities.

ink-bird  has been set up to control the 600w oil radiator@ 26.5C I will see what the lights on temps are after 24hrs

• Like 3