Limited Edition Tangy Tree

RUFUS HOUND

Hi all, sorry about the lack of updates but been enjoying the lovely weather and with it all the garden/outside jobs.:crybaby:

I had a nice surprise this week when I rediscovered my Joshua cuts!!!. - I had forgotten all about them and left them dangling in a bottle of water in a corner of the tent.

This is what I found - lovely long white heathy roots, very surprised as I never changed the water once (it was going a little green.)

large.6492eec811024_joshuacuttings.jpg

• Like 8

meanwhile back in the flower tent the Joshua is going nuts, she seems to like the higher temps 33-26'C and humidity 50-40% but is drinking like a tramp at an all inc bar.

shes on 2.5L of water every  48hrs and is getting close to occupying a 1/3 of the tent (4'x2') - I need to increase that 3L as shes on the dry side after 2 days

still feeding my bog standard 3ml/L tom food each watering, I dont want to push her to much so will keep at this dosage till near end - less is more and all that jazz.

photos to follow :smokin:

• Like 2

lol totally messed up - these is the tangy crew in the veg tent 

3 big uns are tangy tree and the smaller tangy fritter.

TT- have been repotted to 3L pots, topped and bent over last week or 2 and I've started with few pegs dotted around to spread them out a bit. The TT look like they have a strong desire to grow vertically so will take a fair bit of LST to make them bush out.

TF - still early days and in 1/2L pots, I will give them a week longer to root out their current pots and have a look see how the roots are next week.

large.6492eebcb3f4b_Tangyfritterday27.jpg

Ive even got a few tomato and pepper plants growing on -  to go in garden once they are a bit bigger.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Latest update

TTx3 have been topped twice and have been lsted pegging the branches but they wanna grow tall so I will have to get in there with some wire and do some proper S&M on them. They. were moved into the flower tent last week under 12/12, currently have  a dli of 45 to 50. It's getting very crowded in here and it's only going to get tighter, so will lose the ohb and the BBG is not far off, so this will help large.IMG_20230709_205935_copy_554x415.jpg

• Like 3

The tangy fritter trio are doing well so far and might need potting up this week. 

Tthey have all been topped once so far. Starting to get a few discoloured leaves low down on one, so will check root's on this first (rhs front). 

large.IMG_20230709_210016_copy_414x553.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, update time.

The tangy trees are growing great but are very "leggy". Its a full time job trying to keep the canopy somewhere near level, every time I tuck a few under, the next day there's more heading skyward. 

Ive stretched them out as far as they can go ( touching the walls of the tent) so I guess the only way is up.

I still have plenty of space to raise the lights so not too concerned as they should only have a week left to stretch..

large.64c0450bc64df_tangytreeday23flower.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

hi all - sorry about the lack of updates, I lost my mum and havent really felt like posting :blub:

I dont really know what day of flower these tangy trees are on (I will work it out, when I can be arsed) 

Currently struggling with the warm weather, temps are getting into low 30's when lights come onat 8pm, so Ive increased the tower fan to speed 3 (max)

The extraction fan  has also been on max the summer so no scope to increase, so Ive resorted to cracking an exxtra vent.

If that doesnt help, I will try a bit of evapourative cooling by wetting a towel and hanging it so fan blows on it., it knocked about 5'C of temps last yea, so no need to panic just yet.

The tangy tree is covered in frost and using the jewlers loupe the trics,are all milky, so should be done in a week or 2.

Tangy fritter are vegging away, waiting for their turn under the big lights in the flower tent.

they have all been repotted into 3L pots, topped  twice and Ive been LSTing the branches with pegs and garden wire.

Plan is to repot to 7L deep rose pots this week, giving them a week or 2 to root out before moving them over.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mum,

that can't have been/be easy :sorry:

Do you have any up to date photos you can share with us?

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Thanks guys, It was expected but never easy seeing them fading away.

I have photos just need to get back in the swing of things.

Tangy Tree

large.64ff122b4e888_tangytreeflowerday40.jpg

a couple of bubs

large.64ff11cdf28ee_tangytreeslower.jpglarge.64ff11baee342_tangytreeflowerday48a.jpglarge.64ff11a6bccd1_tandytreeday48.jpg

Tangy Fritter

large.64ff11de5b7b0_Tangyfritterday.jpg

• Like 9

@oldford -  I dont think its cotc worthy but thanks for the compliment :blushing: looking at the pics there might be a few more ambers than I spotted by eye.

I will sort the fritters out when my new deep pots arrive this week as they are looking like a right clip at the minute.

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 2