A wee greenhouse grow

The Green Manalishi

2 hours ago, The Green Manalishi said:

Rez with the fishmix in

Be warned mate, drip lines and organic nutes don't really mix, you get a lot of sludge build up which causes blockages. There are some products out there that claim to prevent it happening, but from what I see on here they don't really work.

• Like 1

I’ve been using Dutch pro keep it clean in both the indoor grow and this one, before using it there was definitely build up on the pipes and lines in the two part tank, both tanks seem clean as a whistle so far and I’m sure it’s just diluted hydrogen peroxide but yeah definitely keeping my eyes peeled here, I’m off work for a bit, and I’ve bugger all to do than sit outside getting absolutely blistered and watching some ganja grow 

• Like 1

That's the exact stuff I've seen people say doesn't work lol, but if your getting on ok crack on I guess. 

Although if it's peroxide it will be killing all the microbes in your soil which would be really counter productive.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

Yeah I’m not taking this one seriously, I’m off work and doing a bit of wake n bake, this is where it leads me lol got plenty of stash. So just seeing there things take me, but yeah, just fucking about

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Green Manalishi said:

build up on the pipes and lines in the two part tank, both tanks seem clean as a whistle so far and I’m sure it’s just diluted hydrogen peroxide

Glad to see the auto watering is working for ya bud...I use open flow rather than drippers and (touch wood) never had a blockage,

bit of a fail safe having more than one outlet per pot as well.

Between crops I use PH down, diluted 5ml per ltr and let it run through the system overnight, cleans everything, pipes, tank, pump etc.

Just a good rinse and wipe round leaves you good to go for the next run.

Plants look lush btw...:yep:

• Like 2

Thanks bud, And like a coiled spring ready to jump into action when it all how to shit  but I made some open drippers like yours as my back up, to be honest I’ve made several manifolds and drippers/ emitters made for no other reason than being stoned, but I’ve plenty of hose and bits and pieces at hand to fix things quickly…..your gash, but your cheep my old gaffer used to tell me lol

• Like 1
2 hours ago, stu914 said:

Glad to see the auto watering is working for ya bud...I use open flow rather than drippers and (touch wood) never had a blockage,

bit of a fail safe having more than one outlet per pot as well.

Between crops I use PH down, diluted 5ml per ltr and let it run through the system overnight, cleans everything, pipes, tank, pump etc.

Just a good rinse and wipe round leaves you good to go for the next run.

Plants look lush btw...:yep:

You know when someone says something that completely blows your mind but also seems so obvious once it sinks in. I've been wanting to automate my bonsai mum's, but I only really use organic feeds. By open flow do you mean an open end of a tube or t-piece/elbow? What diameter tubing do you use? 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

@MindSoup

Easiest thing to cobble together bud...I use 4mm fittings and pipes running off a DIY 13mm manifold which fits the pump...

The feed ring is just 3 x 4mm 'T' pieces and 4mm feed pipe, the connector underneath attaches the feed pipe to the manifold.

Chuck it on a timer and away you go...:yep:

large.SSCN0973.JPGlarge.SSCN2106.JPGlarge.SSCN2104.JPGlarge.SSCN2076.JPGlarge.SSCN2075.JPG

• Like 4

I add little shut of valves to the individual feed lines to control the flow rate, I can have mine dripping like fine rain or blasting down and putting holes in the coco like lasers lol

• Like 1