Brock's Orange Hazeberry Gum Auto - Micro stealth grow - Plant looking OK?

Hashslag

Don't be too hard on yourself, some strains just stretch less and leave you without a pot to piss in training wise.. could you get another couple of seeds started?

• Like 1

Hey all - still growing quite vigorously, although leaves are still a touch on the curly side. I'll be trying to grab a heat mat as soon as I get paid, someone local is getting rid of some smallish ones for a song. I'd like to see if that will smooth the leaves out a bit. I'm keeping lights on 24 now, watering once a day, sometimes twice and she's really thirsty - the roots that I can see are looking really strong and she's putting out more and more potential bud sites. She's still small, but yeah, other than the leaves she seems quite happy lol Stem rub gives a lovely taster of what's to come - definite hints of orange in there I'm sure of it - reminds me a little of the Mandarin Punch I ran last year outside. It was s failure and got badly stunted but what I did get off it, was really lovely. I've tied her down in a few places and have trained her in what would be the beginnings of a spiral formation, coming back on herself just about. 

It amazes me the difference in six days.

large.3a632ece-df66-41ed-8cbf-4b42a060a94b.jpg

• Like 6

Shes def coming on  & perking up  & starting to fill out mate :yep:            Any noticeable smells yet  ?     

I have 3 of these under the little cfl getting ready to go outdoors ,  little gifts for non growing friends to try entice them into growing under the sun :george:

• Like 3

@OldFord Slight whiff when you open the cabinet, but not really putting out the stinkers just yet! Stem rub smells delightful though. Yeah she's really getting a move on and the change is noticeable day to day. I'm kind of looking forward to her getting smelly, to test the efficacy of my carbon filter if nothing else! So far you can't smell a thing when you walk into the shed so fingers crossed I've set it up well enough to be fit for purpose. Just want to see those flowers now!!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Hashslag said:

@OldFord Slight whiff when you open the cabinet, but not really putting out the stinkers just yet! Stem rub smells delightful though. Yeah she's really getting a move on and the change is noticeable day to day. I'm kind of looking forward to her getting smelly, to test the efficacy of my carbon filter if nothing else! So far you can't smell a thing when you walk into the shed so fingers crossed I've set it up well enough to be fit for purpose. Just want to see those flowers now!!

Im sure with Brock on chef duties ,  she will soon kick up a little whiff before you know it :yep:       

Also looking forward to seeing if shes like the SHD x BBG and a longer cook out brings forth the trippy side of things :george:

The flower shows not too far away mate

• Like 2
Just now, OldFord said:

The flower shows not too far away mate

Yeah man, that's what I hoped. I've upped the light intensity from 75% to 100% just now, see if that helps bring those beautiful blooms into fruition :) I have no idea what I'm doing lol

• Like 2
Just now, Hashslag said:

Yeah man, that's what I hoped. I've upped the light intensity from 75% to 100% just now, see if that helps bring those beautiful blooms into fruition :) I have no idea what I'm doing lol

As long as shes happy & healthy ,  just keep an eye on the new growth ,   fingers crossed mate :yep:

• Like 2

As of today. Still piling on the growth, and the first signs of sticky-icky blobs! (Whiff is definitely present now when I open the door, but the carbon filter is doing the job nicely otherwise!

large.5d9e8b82-836f-4516-9f81-d6f8033e8b63.jpglarge.e337b77f-4c39-4f32-86b1-9c2f08b9bf40.jpglarge.6dab43c0-b0ef-48ed-9481-1b96f2fa61b5.jpglarge.4c97bd8b-0b23-412c-ab86-a535c9a161d7.jpg

• Like 8

100% on the light might be pushing things a bit too much for your space :idea:

Do you have any idea what DLI they are currently getting?

Or perhaps the leaf curling is a genetic thing @brock1 ?

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

The light is on 75% - I didn't keep it on 100% for long as I felt it would be too much.

No idea about DLI.

I think the leaf curl might be a root temperature thing, I'm on the cusp of ordering a heat mat to see if it straightens things out. Trouble is, depending on what you read, leaf curl can be overwatering, underwatering, heat stress, cold roots, calcium deficiency.... there doesn't seem to be a universally agreed diagnosis! I'm half tempted to just send it as is but I'll probably get a mat in there to see if it helps.

• Like 3

I would take a guess that the leaf curl is possibly a mix of heat and humidity but at this point no big problem. You have to take into account the parents of these were breed outdoor for a lot of generations so heat can be stressful for then. But they are showing some nice sativa structure which I am really liking. She's recovering really well. I would move the light a little bit further away if possible but other than that she's recovering pretty good. :hippy:

• Like 3
7 hours ago, brock1 said:

I would take a guess that the leaf curl is possibly a mix of heat and humidity but at this point no big problem. You have to take into account the parents of these were breed outdoor for a lot of generations so heat can be stressful for then. But they are showing some nice sativa structure which I am really liking. She's recovering really well. I would move the light a little bit further away if possible but other than that she's recovering pretty good. :hippy:

Thanks mate. Yeah, I'm not massively concerned, I mean, obviously I'd prefer to see the leaves nice and flat, but other than the curl, everything else seems good. The roots have grown super strong, looks like a bonsai tree under the canopy. There are a shitload of flower sites as well, I've had a little bit of a trim up underneath to get rid of some of the unneeded energy-drain points. Heat-wise, the thermometer reads from about 25 in the morning, up to 30(max) later on. Does this seem a little too warm in your opinion? It usually goes up to about 28 but it has tipped at 30 once or twice.

Unfortunately I can't move the light away, it's pretty much fixed where it is, but I could dim it to 50% intensity... what I didn't want to happen was for the flowering to suffer as a result, although I'm not sure if that would be the case!

• Like 1
On 28/04/2023 at 9:24 AM, Hashslag said:

Thanks mate. Yeah, I'm not massively concerned, I mean, obviously I'd prefer to see the leaves nice and flat, but other than the curl, everything else seems good. The roots have grown super strong, looks like a bonsai tree under the canopy. There are a shitload of flower sites as well, I've had a little bit of a trim up underneath to get rid of some of the unneeded energy-drain points. Heat-wise, the thermometer reads from about 25 in the morning, up to 30(max) later on. Does this seem a little too warm in your opinion? It usually goes up to about 28 but it has tipped at 30 once or twice.

Unfortunately I can't move the light away, it's pretty much fixed where it is, but I could dim it to 50% intensity... what I didn't want to happen was for the flowering to suffer as a result, although I'm not sure if that would be the case!

30 is a little to high yes. Instead of playing with the light have you considered adding a extra fan? I sometimes put hang frozen bottles to the back of my circulation fans if we have a hot period in the summer with good results. I need set my indoor grow back up. Just looking at what to put in along side slurricane from my seed collection is making my head hurt :wallbash:

• Like 4

@brock1 I hadn't thought of an extra fan actually, although dimming the light to 50% from 75% seems to have taken the edge off the heat, and I'm fairly sure the curling on the leaves has lessened to a small degree, I'll keep it as is and monitor it for a few more days. I've also notched the heater down a just a tad as the ambient temp in the shed is getting warmer now with the few days of good weather we've had. All told, I'm not massively concerned - flowers are coming along still, but yeah - hopefully the small adjustment I've made will help matters a little :) 

• Like 3