Brock's Orange Hazeberry Gum Auto - Micro stealth grow - Plant looking OK?

Hashslag

Its looks like it could be drying out problems. Keeping moisture at a constant is more important with sativas in my experience. Indicas on the other hand like to dry out more between watering. Don't worry about it to much at this point just keep feeding as normal. :hippy:

• Like 1

Came home from a couple of days away and my shed stinks :mellow: Seems the plant has really started chucking up in my absence and possibly the exhaust fan isn't doing enough to pull everything through. The filter setup itself has no smells coming through, so it's not a loose connection there or anything. Not sure what to do at this point tbh, it's pretty obvious and I'll have the mrs and kids coming in and out from tomorrow, probably. Fuck sake, it was all going so well.

• Like 1

@Lubdub afraid not - I wasn't able to set up the filter that way at the moment, due to the size of the cab everything is on the outside and I need to do one of those 'everything in a bucket' jobs. it's something I'll be looking to sort out in time for the next grow. A friend suggested perhaps my lack of dedicated intake is putting too much work on the exhaust fan? At this stage, I'll do what I can to mask it but I reckon I'll be chopping this week.

This morning everything seems to have settled, smell-wise? Not sure if it was because I wasn't able to water or crack the door for a couple of days and maybe it just got a bit funky? Really don't know. But whatever - all seems ok at the moment. Here she is, as of last night. Little powerhouse! :D

Absolutely chock-full of thick, firm flowers. Superb genetics!

large.030930c8-16ca-4049-8d94-58f0b02063dc.jpg

• Like 5

@brock1 I know you like to cook yours a little longer than usual, but I'm seeing some amber trichomes here and there, amongst a sea of clear-ish ones... Wondering how long to go before the chop. I'll try and get a couple of pics uploaded later. Also, people say milky heads good, clear heads not ready. How milky is milky?

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Lubdub said:

You don't want any clear trichomes, you want them cloudy as if they were filled with milk or thick white smoke.

Yeah I know - trouble is I wasn't sure how milky milky should be lol thanks mate. I'm leaving her until at least the end of the week, if not next week. Or, whenever she's ready!

E2A - just took another macro shot with a different phone - definitely still lots of trichs that are clear. The amber ones seem to appear first on the leaves.

Edited by Hashslag
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Hashslag said:

@brock1 I know you like to cook yours a little longer than usual, but I'm seeing some amber trichomes here and there, amongst a sea of clear-ish ones... Wondering how long to go before the chop. I'll try and get a couple of pics uploaded later. Also, people say milky heads good, clear heads not ready. How milky is milky?

I take mine a little over ripe. When you see a odd Amber going gray your over ripe. At this point your generally have what I can a full spectrum of ripening on the plant. With sativa its slightly different than a indica because you will always have a % of unripe trichcombes that stay clear with a longer flowering sativa anyway because they continue to keep foxtailing and producing new buds. 

• Like 3

Right, I'm going to chop her down this week, I've decided. Most heads are now hazy/milky, with a good few amber ones dotted around. Flowers seem not to be getting any bigger now as well, so I'd say it's more or less time to take her down. That'll be approximately 9-10 weeks from seed, I reckon. I'm happy with that.

• Like 3

It's chopped.

I feel a bit sad about it now :( I've loved cracking open the cab and getting all excited seeing her grow, fatten up and get all hench. Still - it all comes down to this, so fingers crossed for a great finished result :) 

• Like 5