Underdogs 3 strain endeavour - RGSC

Underdog

just curious...

both total capasity 1500 liter?.....

did you get enough rainwater on this plot with both storages this year ?.....

do you let them stand there on plot all winter ?

large.Screenshot_20230430-181550.jpg

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DutchFox said:

whats the use of the 5 poles you put in there ?

I think that's the remains of an old fence by the looks of it 

• Like 1

@DutchFox 

@Tommy tucker is right. I managed to pull up a few. They've been for absolutely ages by the looks of it. The entire area is so over grown and is incredibly difficult to get to I wouldn't be surprised if they've been there for over 20 years.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DutchFox said:

just curious...

both total capasity 1500 liter?.....

did you get enough rainwater on this plot with both storages this year ?.....

do you let them stand there on plot all winter ?

large.Screenshot_20230430-181550.jpg

The water butt is about 230 liter. I pretty much used it as a fail safe just incase the swimming pool burst or deflated. 

I'm not sure how much water the swimming pool holds, but it's a lot haha.

This year because of the rain I've barely had to water the girls. However even if we had half the rain fall we had this season I think it would have definitely been enough to water the girls.

And I haven't considered yet whether I'll leave them standing during the winter. Perhaps I will. What would you do mate?

Edited by Underdog
  • Like 2

@Underdog i thougt...the chineese butt is 50 gallon = 189 liter

and if the pool is 250 cm x 100 cm x 50 cm = 1250 liter... so abt 1500 liter total.

i bought recently a circular pool of 5300 liter....its 65 cm high.  ( only 30 euro 2nd hand including rubber tiles under the pool.)

i want to bring it asap to a dry and very hard to reach plot....without water nearby.

i put it under a tree and camo and i put bubble plastic floating on the water against evaporation...

here in holland....as average... it rains 800 mm in a whole year.....  so thats 80 cm... ( im sure you can find a chart of average rainfall in uk )

so i need it to be on the plot asap....or it wont get to 65 cm height of the pool.

normally i clear plots after harvest....but this plot will be different...

i think you get a rainy summer like 2023...1 time per 5 years.....

if you think your plot is hard to find in winter....and you have the logpots there.....if they find the logpots....they know whats happening there....so in that case...leave the water butts also there.......but secure them well...for winter storms...

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 4

@DutchFox ahh well this is the problem. In winter, the plot is easier to discover.

In season. Its next to impossible. In fact my last few visits I get lost. The 12ft Himalayan Balsam is really disorientating.

• Like 1

Just now, Underdog said:

@DutchFox ahh well this is the problem. In winter, the plot is easier to discover.

In season. Its next to impossible. In fact my last few visits I get lost. The 12ft Himalayan Balsam is really disorientating.

yes...but i trust my pool plot...also in winter....too hard to get to...only if you know where the well hidden entrace is...

even incase someone spotted the pool from above.....

if i get ripped there....i wont complain...then they really..realy... worked for the loot :) 

in seison....to fill water buts....

gallery_22583_10326_543894.jpg

this was 16meter x 10 meter  so 160 m2

if it rains 10 mm  ( 10 liter per 1 m2 )

so you get 1600 liter...  :) not bad for a plot without watersource....

also the vegatation under it died :) 

• Like 3

Big ups @Underdog

Love your non conventional innovative style man :skin_up:

got a new site for next year now using the drill pump and putting a makeshift pond in, gonna take fitness to next level, just wanted to big you up for helping this become a possibility!!! :rolleyes:

How are the girls?? When you going to be visiting next looking forward to seeing your plots ,

big love

stig

• Like 4

here im also going next level...but not a drill pump....she can only pump near horizontal.... :( ( been there done it ) 

aquinna-accu-tuinpomp-set-36v-25m1.jpg

this set you can pump max 6 meters height difference.( from river to pump ) 

pump 3000 liter per hour...max 

making stairs like this is not possible in all plots.....

large.IMG_20230526_195059_253.jpg

DescriptionAQUINNA, Cordless Garden pump SET 36V - 25m1

This battery garden pump set from Einhel comes complete with batteries, charger, couplings, suction and drain hose.

With the Einhell cordless garden pump AQUINNA you can easily pump up water, without the need for power. This AQUINNA Garden Pump works easily with the installation of two Power-x-Change batteries. The AQUINNA garden pump is powered by two 18V PXC rechargeable batteries. For the correct setting, there is an ECO switch with 2 settings. With a head of up to 26 m1 and a max. delivery speed of 3,000 liters per hour, the AQUINNA garden pump delivers very good performance. There is a water filling screw and, to protect against frost, a water drain screw. The thermostat switch protects the motor from overload. Thanks to the practical carrying handle, the battery garden pump can be carried where it is needed. The set comes complete with the items below.

• Einhell Suction hose 7 meter with plastic coupling 1"
  • Einhel AQUINNA Cordless Garden Pump
  • Other Quick Coupler 1" Brass External Wire
  • Other Quick Coupler 3/4" Brass
  • Garden hose Gardena (3/4") 25 m1
  • Gardena slangstuk 19 mm (3/4") 
  • Gardena Tuinspuit 18300 
  • Einhell 18V 2x4,0a accu + 2x Lader Power-X-Change 
Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, DutchFox said:

here im also going next level...but not a drill pump....she can only pump near horizontal.... :( ( been there done it ) 

aquinna-accu-tuinpomp-set-36v-25m1.jpg

this set you can pump max 6 meters height difference.( from river to pump ) 

pump 3000 liter per hour...max 

making stairs like this is not possible in all plots.....

large.IMG_20230526_195059_253.jpg

DescriptionAQUINNA, Cordless Garden pump SET 36V - 25m1

This battery garden pump set from Einhel comes complete with batteries, charger, couplings, suction and drain hose.

With the Einhell cordless garden pump AQUINNA you can easily pump up water, without the need for power. This AQUINNA Garden Pump works easily with the installation of two Power-x-Change batteries. The AQUINNA garden pump is powered by two 18V PXC rechargeable batteries. For the correct setting, there is an ECO switch with 2 settings. With a head of up to 26 m1 and a max. delivery speed of 3,000 liters per hour, the AQUINNA garden pump delivers very good performance. There is a water filling screw and, to protect against frost, a water drain screw. The thermostat switch protects the motor from overload. Thanks to the practical carrying handle, the battery garden pump can be carried where it is needed. The set comes complete with the items below.

• Einhell Suction hose 7 meter with plastic coupling 1"
  • Einhel AQUINNA Cordless Garden Pump
  • Other Quick Coupler 1" Brass External Wire
  • Other Quick Coupler 3/4" Brass
  • Garden hose Gardena (3/4") 25 m1
  • Gardena slangstuk 19 mm (3/4") 
  • Gardena Tuinspuit 18300 
  • Einhell 18V 2x4,0a accu + 2x Lader Power-X-Change 

big ups you guys @Underdog @DutchFoxcan now use the plot as I wanted… Game changer!!!!

just gonna look now, woooooh next season they are gonna be on “a mountain garden”

hahahaha lol

Big love 

stig

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Stigofthedank said:

big ups you guys @Underdog @DutchFoxcan now use the plot as I wanted… Game changer!!!!

just gonna look now, woooooh next season they are gonna be on “a mountain garden”

hahahaha lol

Big love 

stig

yes water makes trees grow :) ...loads of it... :)

if you think about this set...take the extra optional filter is my adice.....its worth the extra 30 euro...since my plot water usualy is dirty...

einhell-voorfilter-12cm.jpg

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Stigofthedank said:

Big ups @Underdog

Love your non conventional innovative style man :skin_up:

got a new site for next year now using the drill pump and putting a makeshift pond in, gonna take fitness to next level, just wanted to big you up for helping this become a possibility!!! :rolleyes:

How are the girls?? When you going to be visiting next looking forward to seeing your plots ,

big love

stig

Hey hey thanks man. I love experimenting. One of the best ways to learn.

When I visited the planter plot last, my battery was dead on my phone so no pics. They were looking a little sorry for themselves, unfortunately, yellowing sooner than usual. I'm gonna try and get to them this weekend to see what's what :)

• Like 2

PINK CHERRY PIE PLOT 

Hi lads, hope you're all doing well.

So to start off I just want to say, I could smell my plot about 30 feet away and they're not even that far in yet. Beaaaautiful smell.

Here are some pics

large.IMG_20230921_160336_HDR.jpglarge.IMG_20230921_160347_HDR.jpglarge.IMG_20230921_160355_HDR.jpglarge.IMG_20230921_160404.jpg

Considering I got them out late, and they're not in the ground, I think they're doing fairly well.

All except the runt of the litter of course haha

large.IMG_20230921_160437.jpg

I have to say, this strain is verrrry bush. I had to do a fair bit of defoliation on most of them.

Stay tuned for more updates gentlemen.

• Like 9