Wild Card Outdoor Weed

OldFord

Hm, well seems I don't have that many sativa / sat dom freebies.

Currently narrowed to three contenders:

- Kush Mintz (Barney's Farm)

- White Widow (various seed banks)

- Gorilla Cookies Auto (FastBuds)

White Widow is probably a non-starter in my local climatic conditions. If it doesn't die from too many cool nights, it'll probably turn to mush shortly after flowering commences.

Which leaves Kush Mintz or Gorilla Cookies Auto. I'll flip a coin, I suppose... Heads it is, so Kush Mintz gets the 'honour'.

I had originally planned an indoor test grow (at some point) as I have quite a few of these freebie beans. Looks like it will be an outdoor test grow instead...

Here's the specs from the Barney's web site:

Type Feminised 
Photoperiod Normal 
Genetics Critical Kush x Mintz 
Effect Relaxed, Happy, Uplifting 
Outdoor Yield (g) 1500 
Indoor Yield (g) 600-650 gr/m²
Flowering Time (days) 56 - 63 
Feminised Outdoor Harvest Month September 
Feminised Outdoor Harvest Month Week 3rd-4th week 

Height (cm) 100-110cm
Height Indoor (cm) 100-110cm
Height Outdoor (cm) 200cm
Height Medium 
Indica % 70%
Sativa % 30%
Indica/Sativa Mostly Indica 
Taste Fresh Pine, Coffee with Hint of Mint 
Aroma Earthy Pine, Minty Coffee 
Resistance to Spider Mite (5=Best) 4 
Climate Cool, Hot & Temperate

Sounds relatively reassuring, though I'd never really considered this as an outdoor contender whatsoever... :g:

What will I call this girl? Mintz, mint, minty breath, polos, tic-tacs, chewing gum, soft mints... Kush, kushty, cushion, comfy...

Aha. Bean Bag! That's it.

Bean Bag ahoy! :) 

• Like 2

Great lil idea @OldFord nice to see you in good spirits and bringing a bit of fun to the boards:)

I'm not sure what im doing this season tbh, the plan is for some breeding from some of the subbies i been collecting last couple years..some banging genetics have been collected and most of them will prob not finish outside but should run long enough to make some seeds. I plan to throw something in the mix in the hope of knocking a bit of time off them and bringing in some hardiness and then give them a whirl the following season to see how they fair..well this is the plan so I could just pick 1 of those when the time comes.. great idea this dude, im sure there will be a battle with the bot to be seen but also there's every chance we see some nice surprises. 

Good stuff ma man :yinyang:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, OldFord said:

A T Shirt will be awarded for the most visually unappealing ugly ass plant of the season :george:

I could win this

great idea mate. I’ll put my name in. Still with the dealer so may find a bag seed to nominate. If not I’ll use a freebie of sorts :) 

Edited by AnonyMice
  • Like 7

Thats it     Anything you fancy      Ideally something you didnt  /  wouldnt give a 2nd look at  ,    prob the only time im gonna laugh at someone getting rot  :yep:    

@Crow River         I did Barneys Cookies Kush outside and it was an assault of the senses  ,  lacked any flavour but she was heavy.   

• Like 2

Just now, OldFord said:

@Crow River         I did Barneys Cookies Kush outside and it was an assault of the senses  ,  lacked any flavour but she was heavy.   

Well if I'm to believe Barney's, my wee Bean Bag (Kush Mintz) will yield 1.5kg of bud in late September. :yep:

Yeah, probably not at my latitude. If it doesn't turn into a grey furry mess, maybe it'll finish late October/early November? Imagine yield will be quite modest, if she finishes at all.

By contrast, the Super Kush (Phoenix) I have growing by the window is supposedly fairly fast flowering. I am planning to try a few clones outside so we'll see. 

• Like 3

Just now, Crow River said:

Well if I'm to believe Barney's, my wee Bean Bag (Kush Mintz) will yield 1.5kg of bud in late September. :yep:

Yeah, probably not at my latitude. If it doesn't turn into a grey furry mess, maybe it'll finish late October/early November? Imagine yield will be quite modest, if she finishes at all.

By contrast, the Super Kush (Phoenix) I have growing by the window is supposedly fairly fast flowering. I am planning to try a few clones outside so we'll see. 

Anything you want to enter  mate :yep:        I know i have a few loose randon beans in the bottom of one of the tubs ,  been there for years   , no idea atall ,  will see if they want to pop  ,  om doing a hands off tough love approach so it should be fun ,  Budd ass fugly champ contender right here lol   

• Like 1

I've got that pack of genuine Thai seeds Hazydaze gave me :naughty:

@OldFord If you want to see rot I can stick a few of them out because I imagine they'll still be going come December lol

(Thailand is fair humid I reckon they'd be pretty resistant up to a point tbh)

:yinyang:

• Like 6

Just now, OldFord said:

Anything you want to enter  mate :yep:        I know i have a few loose randon beans in the bottom of one of the tubs ,  been there for years   , no idea atall ,  will see if they want to pop  ,  om doing a hands off tough love approach so it should be fun ,  Budd ass fugly champ contender right here lol   

Oh the Super Kush won't be in this category. That will be a genuine outdoor tester attempt. I'll stick with Bean Bag (Kush Mintz) for this one. If any other random seeds catch my eye, I'll consider options.

Your random beans sound like an interesting bet. If you can get one or more to germinate, you're away and running! :yep:

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 1

Just now, BilgePump said:

I've got that pack of genuine Thai seeds Hazydaze gave me :naughty:

@OldFord If you want to see rot I can stick a few of them out because I imagine they'll still be going come December lol

(Thailand is fair humid I reckon they'd be pretty resistant up to a point tbh)

You choose your weapon :yep:       They are predicting  a rather hot prolonged summer  ...anythings poss mate.    

More of a giggle ,  chance to use up random beans ,  see how that unheard of /  frowned upon  bean runs ,   see so much bullshit based on 2nd hand word of mouth ,  a good chance for all to see what will do what ,  add all the various lats  ,  grow methods,   could be quite entertaining.   

• Like 3

I gotta find some spots first lol

Been dropping pins on Google to explore on Friday though so we shall see.. or I go back to a banging spot I shared with a friend, thank goodness it's only February! lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, B-real said:

Think mime going to be seedstockers mac and crack or green crack prolly no chance it finishes my way .

C'mon  B ... you can be more creative lol       Too common /  too fad    lol      Ypu must have a random long shot ,  give us a giggle :yep:

• Like 2