Shumroom's making a hash of things

Shumroom

Do you reclaim your ISO back? I’ve been toying with knocking up a distillation tube from some plumbing bits in my store and I’m watching a mantle heater on the bay :yep:

• Like 1

I did look into it,

but I read about some issues doing this with Isopropyl alcohol :smartass:

@Graywolf has a website(greywolfslair) with some fantastic information on the subject :notworthy:

If I were using Ethanol,

then I probably would use a water distiller or similar to recover the alcohol.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Big ups @Shumroom man, to work and the bubble looks lovely, do you get to rolling it out??
I love my bubble and can’t wait to get back and see how mine has dried and get onto another run, will document it fully and upload photos of it :yep:

So I always bho my bud and any trim close to mould, but I am wondering as I have a whole “peanut butter cookie” plant  and 2 whole “cap n kernow” plants fresh frozen, so fun times ahead finally a full plant run :thumsup:

I know the PBC has a spot of mould on some of the buds, my plan was to chop through and remove any mouldy bits out the plant and do a bubble run with definitely none contaminated buds but anythivg

close was going to bho, I am a keen enthusiast of anything to do with hash and extracts and am wondering if you would do the above plan or use alcohol?? Always up for something different!! 

cheers stig

• Like 1

No I haven't gotten around to pressing any of the hash I've made with the Bubble bags yet,

there's always something wanting my attention lol

I do occasionally grab some of it and just roll it in my hands into a nice wee ball,

then from that ball I'll pinch off a bit and roll a wee worm to place in a doobie :skin_up:

I've currently got a wee ball in a silicone dab container :wub:

I enjoy extracts,

but I kinda think of them as being a nice wee bonus on top of the buds :D 

I think your plan of making bubble from the clean parts,

then a solvent for the stuff that I would consider borderline is an excellent idea,

then discard or compost the worst infected bits.

Some people might be prepared to chuck all the mouldy bits in for an alcohol wash,

but I'm of an age now where I'd rather consider my health above getting high :yep:

[I'm unsure if it's OK to do an alcohol extraction on fresh frozen,

as it still contains a fair bit of moisture which might cause problems.

@Arthur Mix might know ??]

Atb

I wouldn’t do fresh frozen myself mainly due to the water content. I do add some drops at the end of boiling off iso to drive off the iso as a lower boiling point than water . Here is a link to how I usually do it. :oldtoker:

• Like 3

I’ve finished straining and filtering the ISO :D

The hot plate has been set up beside the window with a 6” clip on fan blowing the fumes out the window :yep:

Fortunately the wind is blowing in the right direction today :) 

I’m using a ban Marie setup,

with a pot of simmering water on the hot plate and a metal bowl with the nice green ISO sitting on the pot of water.

I used to just use a bowl of hot/boiling kettle water with the metal bowl on top,

but this would take such a long time to evaporate the alcohol :mellow:,

having to regularly swap the water in the bowl for nice hot water every 30 - 45 minutes.

Hopefully the wind keeps blowing in the same direction and the rain stays away long enough to get about 16l of alcohol evaporated lol 

I’ll need to look for my “Oil Slick” Silicone tray for the final stage,

where I pour the thickened mixture into the tray,

then finish evaporating the alcohol in it where it’s much easier to remove once completely dry and sticky using a dab tool :D 

Atb

• Like 3

@Shumroom

Dont take this as a dig but when safety is involved we need to be clear for anyone reading.

Metal bowls have the potential to create a spark through static electricity and this in turn would ignite any vapour. Resulting in a massive uncontrollable fire and danger of death or at the very least horrific burns. Pyrex or ceramic only. 

Using a clip on fan is also a potential source of ignition so should not be used.

When making RSO from ISO you should always do it OUTSIDE away from any potential ignition source. 

• Like 9

Yep Dave is bang on mate took me ages to repair kitchen ceiling in a flat about 20 years ago and I had unplugged everything in kitchen still not sure what happened but was a scary couple of minutes and that was only a couple litres 

be safe mate 

• Like 1

Fair enough @lildaveham,

in reality I cannot setup outside as I live in veryclose proximity to others :) 

I understand if you wish to hide/delete my offending post and in future I’ll keep my less safe activities to myself :) 

Sorry,

I don’t want anyone to get injured because of me :smokin:

Atb

• Like 5

@Shumroom

No deleting necessary chap, we all do risky stuff sometimes. I think it’s good to see the organic conversation so that anyone else reading see’s the correct outcome and is aware of the safety needed when using flammable solvents for extracts. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

I’ll keep my less safe activities to myself

Did you ever see my DIY rosin press? :bag:lol

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

I had to empty the freezer today :thumsup:

My shoulder is feeling it now:jester:

Two Morrisons paper bags of trim,

run the once through the Bubblebags(just the 220 and the 25 micron bags).

I was quite pleasantly surprised by how much I got :headbang:

I’ll make Coconut oil from the wet remains tonight once everyone is in bed ;) 

I’ll get a photo of the hash I collected once it’s dried out.

Who knows,

i might even get around to pressing it :g:

The RSO I made the other week is nice and free of alcohol now.

I have made some infused coconut oil with some of it,

i’ve also made another batch of no cook chocolate tray bakes with some of the coconut oil.

It’s incredibly effective in treating chronic pain :D 

Atb

• Like 4