Fusion noodle 22

RUFUS HOUND

Quick update - I have lost Roxanne's 2 sisters :crybaby:my own fault as they both were wearing crash helmets and I damaged the tops trying to remove them. maybe get a clone or two later. 

Day 28 - Roxanne's lower leaves are dying back, guess the neuts in the compost must be all used up.

started to introduce a little tomato feed - 0.5ml per litre, watering pretty much every day.

I thought it was about time I took her to the hairdressers for a little cut and style to tidy her up she has plenty of new growth lower down to kick into action 

large.63a1e471a350c_TBLday28.jpglarge.63a1e46e53780_TBLday28toppedgrowth.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 6

:boxing:day update 

Hope you all are having a good Christmas 

Roxannes doing well apart from a few leaves dying off - think its got a bit of mg deficiency (forgot to add epsom to tap water at from start:sadwalk:)

She's still on 1ml/L of tom food (plus a smidge of epsom) and shes lapping it up, might try increasing to 2ml this week.

large.63aa381cb9efd_TBLday34.jpg

8 lovely heads 

large.63aa381b42cc8_TBLday34tops.jpg

• Like 8

I thought it was time roxy got down the gym and did some LST as she has been scoffing too many mince pies over Christmas the fat bint.:eat:

Im using clothes pegs to weigh the branches down and make them grow out laterally, well thats the plan, we will see how it turn out. 

Behold the pegging - not to be confused with other activities including strap on's :blushing:

large.63ac581a40051_TBLday36-pegs.jpg

A couple of photos of the offending leaves

large.63ac581cab5d9_TBLday36-leaf2.jpg

large.63ac581b9e61f_TBLday36-leaf.jpg

• Like 6

As I havent given any specific veg neuts (only tomato food 6-3-9.6), Im going to give them a few feeds with chempak No2 (25-15-15) over the coming week, then its off to the big girls tent.

I have just ran 0.5L chempak no.2 feed solution (700ppm minus 200pm of the water, so 500ppm feed, ph=6.2) giving plenty of runoff (ph=5.5 )

not sure if I should increase the feed ph to 7 till runoff gets to 6 or 6.5

I know soil is self buffering but I recon that all the soil neuts are depleted and its a just an inert medium like coco now.

close up of the pegging action - easing her in gently with a bit of mild S&M before she goes into the big girls tent and the serious fun starts.

large.63acda6793409_TBLday36-pegging.jpg

• Like 7

cheers @blerie420 shes been growing well so far but the leaf problem is spreading - fast.

hopefully its just down to not enough neuts, Im leaning towards a phosphorus deficiency, looking at how they go dark and crispy starting low and getting higher.

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 2

Yeah I've been having the same, all signs point to a P def although my pals saying it could be a mag deficiency 

Might be wrong but the two go hand in hand from what I've read, mag helping the uptake of P 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blerie420 said:

Yeah I've been having the same, all signs point to a P def although my pals saying it could be a mag deficiency 

Might be wrong but the two go hand in hand from what I've read, mag helping the uptake of P 

could well be - I forgot to add epsom until last week as magnesium is very low in my tap water, so that could be stopping phosphorus absorption. 

never came across this before - every days a school day 

• Like 3

Evening all, just a quick update - Roxannes a natural at this and loves getting pegged, cant believe how fast she has recovered, the heads have turned up towards the light after only 24 hours.

Gave her a foliar spray of epsom solution last night as a quick boost of mg might repeat in 3 or 4 days, see how shes looking.

I think everyones in the same boat with leaves dying off, so its anyones guess, whats going on but regardless, I wasnt adding epsom for the first 3 weeks and that was my error.

Im thinking its just a case of lack of neuts due to small pot and shes used up all the phos and then started pulling it from the leaves. she already well past the potting up stage so fook knows how long I can keep her alive, I am in uncharted territory.

large.63af79d7116ff_TBLday38pegs.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 6

Merry New Year Eddiemurphy GIF - Merry New Year Eddiemurphy Trading Places GIFs

After spending the night away, I returned to find Roxanne looking a little worse for wear. She must have been partying hard as she looked as rough as a badgers arse but after a little hair of the dog she has recovered and is feeling a lot better.

before

large.63b222d1d1739_newyearsdayhangover.jpg

after

large.63b222cd2d64d_TBLrecovering.jpg

• Like 7

the more budsites you have the harder itll be to get her fed ..might have to resort to some sort of drip feeding ..but tis a brave and bold move and if ya pull it off the kingdom will employ you as head gardener ..hussah!

• Like 4

It's gone Clive Barker in here.... Pinhead meets cannabis, Pegbush?

Just waiting for the clothesline to make an appearance bursting from nowhere to attach to the pegs before splaying the plant open in some gory fashion.

• Like 4

On 02/01/2023 at 9:26 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

the more budsites you have the harder itll be to get her fed ..might have to resort to some sort of drip feeding ..but tis a brave and bold move and if ya pull it off the kingdom will employ you as head gardener ..hussah!

Unfortunately the leaf problems continue and are progressing to the smaller ones now:wallbash:

Im considering removing 4 of the 8 of the bud sites if it continues (giving me 4 lovely cuttings for growing full size :yep:) may have to go to a single stem, so the head gardener position will have to go to another with more skills 

I might even start again with a cutting from her (or does the noodle entry have to be from seed?) and then put Roxanne into a proper big girl pot to grow on.

13 hours ago, Exhale said:

It's gone Clive Barker in here.... Pinhead meets cannabis, Pegbush?

Just waiting for the clothesline to make an appearance bursting from nowhere to attach to the pegs before splaying the plant open in some gory fashion.

old enough to remember pinhead and the Hellraiser gang - it scared the bejesus out of me at the time.

meet peghead 

World Records, Guinness World Records, World Amazing Records: Most ...

• Like 5