Fusion noodle 22

RUFUS HOUND

As then norm dictates, Ive sorted out the drainage by drilling a load of holes in the bottom.

large.638027f3dbfee_potholes.jpg

Meanwhile the soaked seed was put in a wet paper towel and in 2 days developed a nice 1inch long tap root.

large.638027f26b198_TBLtap.jpg

She was planted into her fusion noodle pot with a little dome over to keep the humidity high.large.6380279ded70f_TBLdome.jpglarge.638027a31bc5c_TBLday1.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks @Exhale- I took a lot of time and effort choosing the fusion green to match the TBL - I do like a bit of colour coordination lol

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 3

As we are about to get a second night of baltic temps (loft grow) and with my mini rad struggling to cope, I had to get my arse in gear and sort out the heating.

So I went up in the loft and wrapped the bottom 2 foot of the tent in 4 inch rockwool and tossed a double quilt over the top for good measure along with a few pillows and its worked a treat the temps are up from 24'C to 29'C  (shame the wife is going to be cold tonight but you cant have it all lol )

• Like 7

Day 7 - nothing much to report grow wise,  I've took the humidity dome off as she is well away now.

One of my Christmas presents turned up early, so being impatient I tore the parcel open and there stood my lovely new temperature controller.

Being a man, I had no need for instructions, so threw them in the bin and winged it. 

Its only a cheap unit from baliexpress but seems to do the trick. I put the probe up near the carbon filter in the top of the tent,  controller set to come on at 25'C and off at 28'C And its working bloody great:thumsup:

The tent enviro has now changed and doesnt really have a day / night temperature differential anymore - its a steady 26 to 27'C day and night, but it keeps the VPD in the right area. 

Time will tell how the plants react to constant steady temps.:unsure:

1PCS XK-W2001 110-220V Digital Temperature Humidity Controller Socket AC  Thermostat Regulator Socket Outlet EU Plug with NTC Sensor: Amazon.com:  Industrial & Scientific

• Like 6

I got a similar controller off fleaBay last year (in the reptile / terrarium section), works okay but not as good as an Inkbird. Inkbird's the business IMHO.

Hope you're managing okay in the loft with these chilly nights.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2022 at 11:12 AM, Exhale said:

That's a lovely picture of a pot noodle mate, really caught the vibrancy of the label!

should be extra points for pot label vibrancy ..i also believe that this is the first time thats ever been brought up ..so extra point for originality .well done ..to rufus and exhale ,one for having the vibrant label the other for noticing.

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fx52a5ofjrgo21.jpg%3Fwidth%3D640%26crop%3Dsmart%26auto%3Dwebp%26s%3D63914e4408d9081812f47506b68e8b8fe7156a00&sp=1670076644T0f2a477c0625dd693a54acf096aa7a48b12249635f4f2b722a6e53e99c4c40eb

• Like 3

To mark her 10th birthday I organised a photo shoot with the more seasoned pros - Im getting her used to the camera before I start to introduce her to the seedy underbelly of the pot noodle comp girls.

look at her innocence.... almost angelic - just you wait little lady, just you wait !  the things Im going to do to you will blow your mind :dev::dev::dev:

large.638d367160b8f_TBLday10.a.jpg

• Like 7

10 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

To mark her 10th birthday

10 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

look at her innocence.... almost angelic - just you wait little lady, just you wait !  the things Im going to do to you will blow your mind :dev::dev::dev:

Possibly the most pedophilic post I've ever read on this forum.

• Like 4

On 03/12/2022 at 1:45 PM, Crow River said:

I got a similar controller off fleaBay last year (in the reptile / terrarium section), works okay but not as good as an Inkbird. Inkbird's the business IMHO.

Hope you're managing okay in the loft with these chilly nights.

@Crow River Ive got this cheap controller as a stop gap till my inkbird 310 turns up and can use it somewhere else after chrimbo - its meant for brewing and  has got multiple settings for day and night so should be able to get my day night temps spot on - watch this space as I'll be testing it out late December.

Ive got an inkbird 308 controlling the sand bed, also ordered some pond liner to line the bottom of the tent, so I can make the full floor area a heated sand bed (might even do a little write up but dont want to insult you clever peeps as its not rocket science)

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

also ordered some pond liner to line the bottom of the tent

A likely excuse, when they find the bodies we'll know what it was really for!

• Like 3