the thrip king returneth.

vince noir rock n roll star

1 hour ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

cant see you image links for some reason - Im imagining a 7 headed hydra 

you are in luck ..got the lads to pose for a snap ..

large.639604d4576be_thrip.jpeg

christmas outing for fred bert and harry ..thrips on the lash..

the kingdom does not discriminate ..all are welcome ..but if you throw up its a 50 shekel fine ..gladys the cleaner has enough to deal with with these herberts ..

back in the kingdom ...the two potty noddlers were accused of witchcraft by an fussy og 18 cross...so by the accords written they both got a dunk in warm water and seaweed ....not only to wash off the diatemecious earth but to make sure the whole root zone got a bit of a drink .

this has also helped them correct a bit as they were going off kilter early on ,so a warm wash cleans out the build up ..as you can see the leaves no likey hot water ..but lurve warm...

large.101_6151.JPG

ouchy ...i also forget how sensitive sativas can be ..the ones i grow usually take whatever is thrown at em and to hell with it all..

large.IMG_5301.JPGlarge.IMG_5303.JPG

looking down on them both i can see another splurge of d.e needed ..i really should pay someone to clean this kingdom up ..

large.IMG_5302.JPGlarge.IMG_5300.JPG

the bottom one is showing the correction using the seaweed ..

large.IMG_5304.JPG

luckily i had the foresight to start a spare off ..might even grow it full size and then root trim it and sit it in a pot noodle pot to ensure a top three finish ...doh damn you  sexbud and your preponsity for blurting out stuff ...thats put the kibosch on cheating ..

this kingdom will not tolerate cheating ..i decree it ..now ..where did i put my crusade jim jams ...

• Like 9

news from the kingdom...the ex king is suffering from anal glaucoma and he cant see his arse doing an update today ..tomorrows looking more fruitful...

in other words me neighbours are down for the weekend ..bloody 2nd homers...and theyre the sort to ask too many questions if theres a whiff of weed ..i tested this a while back and heard them in the garden saying ..someones smoking weed...ten minutes after i had been in the garden having a cheeky one skinner ....they should be gone by the morning ..

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

news from the kingdom...the ex king is suffering from anal glaucoma and he cant see his arse doing an update today ..tomorrows looking more fruitful...

in other words me neighbours are down for the weekend ..bloody 2nd homers...and theyre the sort to ask too many questions if theres a whiff of weed ..i tested this a while back and heard them in the garden saying ..someones smoking weed...ten minutes after i had been in the garden having a cheeky one skinner ....they should be gone by the morning ..

Yeah, we've done the shut the growroom, turn down the fans & put the bong in the shed shit.

But now we are more like - this is us. Deal with it, we are not embarressed. Real friends don't care.

Call them an Uber tonight but make sure the driver smokes weed.

• Like 3

you city folk *throws head back chuckling *

these are not locals ..these are weird people ..they have no clue bout anything ..my worst nightmare of a neighbour ..luckily they fuck off usually on a sunday at about midnight ..im sure theyre vampires ..never see em in the day ,translucent skin ..you know the sort .

ps uber ..pfft ..they not roun these parts pardner .

• Like 7

after a week of temps up n down like a whoo errrs drawers things have settled back to sensible temps...and because of that the plants have begun their rebound ..likkle buggers are supersensitive to them temp swings ..have to make sure they live in the kingdoms warmer area ..

i did a medium exchange on the smaller pot as the coco would not dry out like the bigger pot ..so i got a bucket with warm water ..took the plant out of the pot and washed all the coco off the roots ..then carefully replanted her using some john innes no 2 compost ..

took a couple of days to recover but fuck it ..throw her in to flower ..i plan on revegging both plants and reflowering before the comp ends ..value for money is the motto of the kingdom ..husssah !

large.IMG_5318.JPGlarge.IMG_5316.JPGlarge.IMG_5317.JPGlarge.IMG_5315.JPGlarge.IMG_5313.JPGlarge.IMG_5314.JPG

caught the smallpot using a wank sock to stay warm ..so i decided to wrap them in bubble wrap  and taped their branches down so they couldnt fiddle with themselves during lights out .

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

See what you mean about the lower leaves dying off. An odd one, to be sure. Your girl looking quite healthy otherwise though. :yep:

Might nick the bubble wrap thang. Can't hurt any, and I've got loads of the stuff kicking about the place.

All the best with the grow and Happy New Year when it arrives. :) 

• Like 1

the kingdom missed the new years celebrations ..mainly because no one told anyone what the time was ..

never mind they seem to have these celebrations once a year ..ill catch the next one .

large.IMG_5341.JPGlarge.IMG_5340.JPGlarge.IMG_5339.JPGlarge.IMG_5337.JPGlarge.IMG_5336.JPG

they had a small cup of seaweedextract but nothing else ..we shall see what happens and if they throw a strop or not ..im suspecting they are both going to be tarts ..flouncy ones at that ..til next time ..tarts are us ..

• Like 10

As the "yoot" would say.... 

They be "rockin dem a dutty gyal vibes" or some such nonsense. Lovely stuff

• Like 3

another week in the make shift kingdom..my suspicions of flouncy tartness was correct ..the little plant dint like it the bigger one said thanks verry moochias ..

nothin else to report but i may be revegging sooner than i thought ..these top buds have come out quick ..large.IMG_5351.JPGlarge.IMG_5350.JPG

• Like 9

time to introduce a bit of magic to the kingdom ....

as the temps were a piggin nightmare the plan was to flower straight away ,chop the tops and reveg ..it was at this point of thinking about the reveg i remembered something from me time on country estates in the 80s ..something one of the gardeners would do with the tomatoes ..specifically the beefsteak ones ..i recall them being bigger than any tommies id ever seen .he used to ground his plants ..by coiling copper around the stem and earthing into the ground ,he swore it increases magnetism and therefore uptake of nutrients ..science in the victorian age was a case of try it and see ..so ..here comes the magic ..i took the top bud off the smaller plant ,coiled the copper and its now in reveg .

the other is still in flower and seems happy to carry on ..ill do the same to that one too when the time comes ..

lets see how magical the kingdom is.

large.IMG_5358.JPGlarge.IMG_5352.JPGlarge.IMG_5353.JPGlarge.IMG_5354.JPGlarge.IMG_5355.JPGlarge.IMG_5356.JPGlarge.IMG_5357.JPG

• Like 7

Will be very interesting to see if the grounding does anything. Can’t see how it would change much, unless it’s just that beef tomatoes like copper, and a small amount of copper dissolves off the bit in the ground by the roots?

also, I’ve never heard of re-vegging before, I’ve not been on the scene long. I’d have thought that would lead to stress and probable hermies? Could you tell me more about it? Or is there a thread somehere..?

Just now, Dreamer420 said:

Will be very interesting to see if the grounding does anything. Can’t see how it would change much, unless it’s just that beef tomatoes like copper, and a small amount of copper dissolves off the bit in the ground by the roots?

also, I’ve never heard of re-vegging before, I’ve not been on the scene long. I’d have thought that would lead to stress and probable hermies? Could you tell me more about it? Or is there a thread somehere..?

revegging is a good way to get the most from a good plant or to find out if a plant is worth taking cuttings from ..grow a plant from seed to harvest ..if its  a good looker ,frosty ,smells etc ..then harvest most of the plant and then put the plant back into a vegetative state by re increasing the daylight hours ..from flowering at 12/12 hrs back to 18+hrs to make it regrow .

simple really and something all us cheapskate growers should consider to maximise value for money ..a good strain will be stable enough to do this over and over with ..i did this to disco biscuit for 8 years ..other strains may be fickle little fuckers ..usually those that are bred for terps or the latest craze ..but thats not to say those plants wont improve ..but theres types of og out there that if you even farted within ten feet they would throw a strop and herme..stable enviroment .stable food and water ..good light and you shouldnt have any issues ..

• Like 8

That's some proper mad scientist shit, love it. 

@Dreamer420 reveging does cause a fair bit of stress, but part of finding a true keeper (for me at least) is to find a plant that can handle the stress. For even more of a test I like to take a cut in late flower, if that thing roots then you know it's going to be good at doing so under normal circumstances. 

• Like 4