Lumii black 720w led

Tokertom

Yh bro you're right lumi is cheaper than hlg

Thats why i was researching it for ages i was between lumatek or maxibright then lumi caught my eye and just went for it where I've been using them for years with  hps and halide set ups. I did buy a led years ago when it was blurple heat was down i admit but wattage was head to head compared to hps, viparspectra 2x 600w in 4ft x 4ft tent so thats my 2 pence on previous led.

I think lumatek and maxibright has more red than blue making it perfect for blooming. 

Lumiis spectral curve shows me red and blue is 50/50 with loads of IR. But i can buy couple of red led bars for the sides, should push it for a perfect bloom light. 

I did find that blurple light diodes burn out eventually so with that in mind didn't want to spend too much money on a perishable item 

800 quid for maxibright and lumatek ranges wasnt gonna cut it for me. So lumii it is .

I only spent £414 on a led so I'll just shut up (was a ledgrowlights jobby though so far superior to lumii hydrogarden :george:)

:yinyang:

• Like 4

If you think an LED that is actually designed from the outset to be powered by an HPS ballast is something other than an engineering disaster no doubt spearheaded by a marketing department then I'm sure you'll be very happy to own such a lamp.

On 08/04/2022 at 10:00 AM, Ledgrowlights-Adam said:

Id love to see the emi/emc report for that lol 

Yes me too lol This whole thing sounds like some sort of loophole to avoid proper testing TBH

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, latigid aikon said:

If you think an LED that is actually designed from the outset to be powered by an HPS ballast is something other than an engineering disaster no doubt spearheaded by a marketing department then I'm sure you'll be very happy to own such a lamp.

Yes me too lol This whole thing sounds like some sort of loophole to avoid proper testing TBH

odd they have them listed on their store init, mind you they doing them cheaper than the op paid. 

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

odd they have them listed on their store init,

That is surprising, it suggests the marketing department have done their homework then.

• Like 3

I enquired about the lumii when I was shopping, I bought a par+ pro instead off the back of what Adam said.

I reckon it's just good business sense to have them in stock though because people will buy them , heck I sell gardening products every single day that I deem shite/not worth the money but folk want it so we stock it.

:yinyang:

• Like 3

TBH I always thought an IEC lead with a C13 plug had to ship with a 10A250VAC fuse whatever the device load was but it looks like I'm wrong, farnell will sell you a 10A cable assembly with whatever size fuse you like, including 13A!

1 hour ago, Diddy said:

Maybe adams come with a 4amp fuse lol 

Come diddy, don't take the piss. If you knew anything you'd know that you just cut 1/5 off a 5 amp fuse and voila -  4amp fuse and a 1 amp fuse. You're really losing your touch mate.:)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, latigid aikon said:

That is surprising, it suggests the marketing department have done their homework then.

I have to hold my hands up on this one and admit I was just being a bit of a twat. Once I had a long chat with the engineer and now understand how the light works, I'm happy to recommend it. However, you do get what you pay for with leds, these aren't made to last a lifetime but for the price they cater to a lot of what the current market wants which is cheap as possible.

These lights run a 130v ballast that uses a step down board to take it to 48v dc. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ledgrowlights-Adam said:

I have to hold my hands up on this one and admit I was just being a bit of a twat. Once I had a long chat with the engineer and now understand how the light works, I'm happy to recommend it. However, you do get what you pay for with leds, these aren't made to last a lifetime but for the price they cater to a lot of what the current market wants which is cheap as possible.

These lights run a 130v ballast that uses a step down board to take it to 48v dc. 

Given the fluidity of LED technology and associated knowledge atm, does it even make sense to think of using it much beyond 3-4 years, like domestic pc's in their infancy 20 years ago or so?

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

Sorry guys I’ve been flat out with work etc recently and not really been on here!

so after getting one of these lumiis and running it side by side with a Zeus that I have theirs really not much difference in it to be honest In terms of overall growth and yield,However I do prefer the Zeus as it’s much easier to hang and adjust the height compared to the lumii and the lumii only comes with a short power lead(I know you can buy a longer one separate) and the ballast holder is just really flimsy too but as an entry level led it’s ideal! You can tell the Zeus is much better quality though but I definitely wouldn’t put anyone off buying one

• Like 7

On 09/08/2022 at 5:45 PM, Buddemon said:

Yo tokertom 

I saw your post, you're right in the sense where zeus is easier to hang coz it has 2 hanging points where lumii has 4 hanging points. The cord i didn't pay too much attention in terms of length but its a fair amount of cable. 

I didn't intend to pay monies for items that eventually blow " speaking from previous purchases" 

I was dubious at first with their mounted ballast contraption which looked very similar to hps and halide set ups, maybe they tinkered with it to work with led and obviously to get rid of old stock i imagine.

Lets see man what their mark 2 led looks like in the near future. 

• Like 1

On 09/08/2022 at 5:45 PM, Buddemon said:

The led lights i had in the past 

• 2x viparspectra 600w-actual wattage 275w

• 1x meizhi 900w-actual wattage 425w

• 1x Mars hydro tsw 2000w-actual wattage 300ish watts

1x Mars hydro tsw 1000-actual wattage 150w

My led set up started with 2 viparspectra at first

Then i threw in another 900w meizhi to beef it up. 

Then i bought the tsw 2000 but after a month or so it started to buzz from ballast and getting too hot when i swapped the fuse from 13a to 3a it eventually quietened down and the heat was down also. After running a crop i sent it back to vendor for refund. That's when i mustered up the courage for the lumii 720w. 

I mean after previous led lights and the incorrect fuse problem I always double check. 

I also bought two R.A.M inline fans 5" 375m³ph which looks like the rvks they also came with 13a iec cables, in 1 week they both blew got them replaced they still blew. It was the bloody fuses.

Inline fans run constantly no problems when its its done properly. Ive been using the sileo rvks for years no problems but I'd thought I'll try the R.A.M ones for now as im on a budget, they eventually blow not in a week though. 

Ppl can mock me about fuses as much as they want but this is my experience with them.

My set up 

1.2m × 1.2m × 2.35m tent 

Lumi 720w led 

2× 6" Sileo RVK fans

2× 6" can fan silencers

6" acoustic ducting

Hydroponics set up with rockwool