Lumii black 720w led

Tokertom

Has anyone got one these LEDs yet at all?

I see their for sale for £450 odd but I can’t find a proper spec sheet for them or indeed much information at all other than the usual description in several places their for sale.

I’ve got a couple of Zeus pros and i want 1 more light but I’m tempted to try this for 1/2 the price but im a bit dubious as to why it’s so much cheaper.

if anyones got one or knows more about them than please let me know

thanks

TT

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat. Clearly the components used won't be st the same standard as the Lunatek Zeus, but for the big saving on price I'm thinking it may be worth the try

At 450 it doesn't come with the ballast though, so it actually sits in the 500 range and the same as the Omega LED.

• Like 1

I've seen these , I quite like the idea that you use the lumii digita ballast (got a few kicking around) saves throwing out obsolete hardware.

No clue as to whether they're any good.

I'm in the process of trying to "borrow" a 480 qboard off a mate who claims to have spares lol

:yinyang:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DrGreenThumb24 said:

I'm in the same boat. Clearly the components used won't be st the same standard as the Lunatek Zeus, but for the big saving on price I'm thinking it may be worth the try

At 450 it doesn't come with the ballast though, so it actually sits in the 500 range and the same as the Omega LED.

I think if you shop around you can buy it for £460 odd with the ballast which is a huge saving but is it a case of buy cheap/buy twice?I’ve seen the omega,that does have a spec sheet that I found but it’s got almost 50% less red diodes than the Zeus,not sure how much difference if any that would make but information about both seem to be hard to come by at the moment,I know a guy whose got 2 of the lumii lights but it’ll be weeks before he can give me any definitive answers about it. 

• Like 1

You can use a single strip as well it seems. I would say they sit between the cheaper Chinese-labelled stuff and the likes of Lumatek etc. LEDs probably won't be top bin. The advantage over the Chinese stuff is warranties will be sorted here, rather than there.  I've got two Lumii ballasts, amongst others, and they work fine. I can see the difference in build quality between my Lumatek and Lumii ballasts. You get what you pay for. The other thing is, with them being new and untested long term in the field, are you going to test that for them?  

I think Lumii bringing one out is a good sign LED stuff is starting to become mainstream and overall prices will come down. I'll stick with the site sponsor's stuff here myself, as I only want to buy once and I know they like what they do and sell... it gives me more confidence.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

We’ll I’ve took the plunge and bought one,I may live to regret my decision but you never know,I will report back next week or so as I also have 2 lumateks I can run side by side with it

• Like 1

Have a look on esoteric hydroponics they sell them they usualy have all specs with lights

• 2 months later...

Has anyone got anything to say about these lights yet? I have just purchased some because of this heat! I love the fact they can be run off a digital ballast so you can swap them out for HPS in winter for the heat.:pitchfork:

• Like 3

Hiya guys i have the lumi 720 led and its fire mate.

The best ive seen so far yet, better than maxibright and lumatek pound for pound.

Its cheaper and larger than their £400-£500 range ie maxibright & lumatek. 

It fills my 1.2 m x 1.2 m walls with a bit to spare on sides.

I'm 3 ft off the canopy and running on 40%, ppfd readings are 620ppfd in corners and 670ppfd in centre i dare not run on 100%.

I was thinking about lumatek and maxibright for ages but just went ahead and bought lumi 

• Like 2

I had the option of getting that, but plonked for a Parplus 465 instead. The price was around the same at the time. Knowing the PAR+ LEDs are top bin with stepless dimming swung it over the power gain of the Lumii.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BilgePump said:

@catweazle1 I'm on the brink of pulling the trigger on a led and that's my reasoning behind going red , that and the aftercare :yep:

:yinyang:

What do you mean by red?

• Like 1