Lumii black 720w led

Tokertom

Yo shumroom 

I think you're mistaken in this instance coz, 

V x R x A

W xA x V

Thats ohms law 

Also the 3 amp fuse allows 3 amp through to the light fixture, not the other way around. 

So ohms law says 3.133 so the nearest whole number is 3.0 insted of round it forward to 5.0

Anything below 3.5 is 3.0 anything past 3.5 is 4.0 or in uk is 5amp

Coz uk ring main uses 230v and 32amp with 2.5mm on twin and earth  thats why theyre all limited with fuses for a safer appliance. 

Thats how it's all done

• Like 1

Fucking hell we must have had a different ohms law in Scotland. V=IR

Use transposition to work the fucker out lol 

Erm without being argumentative I will leave the rest lol . 

Regardless of the intricacies of ohms law Shumroom is correct. You can only operate this thing at full power with a fuse in excess of 3.133 amps....a 5 amp should be fine unless told otherwise and if this was indeed a problem than the manufacturer would need to install inline appropriate fuses. 

The thing about rings.....withnailed lol over to the rest of ya lol 

• Like 5

BTW when i were a lad we used to have a rule of thumb. 1kw = 4amps.....it is close enough even with today 230v because you would win a willy wonka candy bar with gold wrapper if you measured exactly 230v at almost any place in the uk......You can do it but it is not a natural thing.

• Like 2

@Baron von greenback I feel like you're gonna regret asking lol

I am to electrics what Dame Margot Fonteyn is to arc welding but I'd wager 13a in everything is both a little cavalier and not a great idea simultaneously.

:yinyang:

2 hours ago, BilgePump said:

@Baron von greenback I feel like you're gonna regret asking lol

I am to electrics what Dame Margot Fonteyn is to arc welding but I'd wager 13a in everything is both a little cavalier and not a great idea simultaneously.

:yinyang:

Cheers mate showing your age there Fonteyn is she some singer from the 50s  when I do electrics I just put the highest cables and connectors in like when I set up my contract boards I put in them brown round junction boxes in that you use for cookers I thought the stronger the better guess I might have fucked it up then 

Yo diddy

U can run 5a or 13a with the cable it was supplied with, thats not the argument, it will still work, somewhat. 

The argument is stupid chinese companies manufacturing appliances with wrong fuses and causes light to buzz eventually. 

I had a mars hydro ts 2000 after 1 month i sent it back coz it was buzzing. That light only needed 3 amp it came with 13a it was baking on top of ballast when i changed over to 3a it stopped buzzing also heat dropped from ballast by 15° Celsius. So experience tells me more.

Yo buddemon I am not advocating putting in a 13 amp fuse when the thing only takes 5 amp MAX. Or in the case here 3 and a bit amps.....I mean I have only been messing with electrical stuff for about 40 years give or take. Some fuckers sent me through some certs and a plastic card and after 5 years making tea and getting the butties in I was told that's it pal you know it all now here's a pay rise lol 

I am a wee bit of a piss taker, But im worse when people actually claim to have a working knowledge of something and use that to give advice which is wrong. 

Ok Your Ohm's Law was wrong

Your ring circuit theory is wrong

reasons for 13 amp on a ring circuit is wrong

Your fuse sizing theory is wrong

Your theory about what caused the buzzing is wrong (A led doesn't wake up greedy one day and demand extra amps BECAUSE there is a 13 amp  fuse there lol - But a 5amp would have been adequate and would cut out before a 13 amp would under fault conditions thus limiting damage....but a 3amp would cut out during normal operation which is kind of silly really. 

Right that's really me done in this thread lol . Please don't give out electrical advice to anyone because it is clear you do not understand the very basics of how it all works. Now that doesn't make you silly/stupid or anything like that, It makes you like most of the population which is why we have people who DO know and specialize (it's sometimes called a job/trade)

Just in the same way I couldn't and wouldn't give out brain surgery advice...coz I don't know the first thing about it and a little knowledge can be dangerous.

• Like 11

Also do you have the lumii 720 or the ts 2000

If not dont quote nothing i was simply replying to a article about lumii 720 review seems to me no has it, so whats the beef. 

3 hours ago, Buddemon said:

Yo diddy

Stop trolling me you have no idea what your talking about clown

@Diddy is entirely correct while you do not appear to understand what a fuse is.

5 hours ago, Buddemon said:

So experience tells me more.

Correlation does not necessarily imply causation.

5 hours ago, Diddy said:

Please don't give out electrical advice to anyone because it is clear you do not understand the very basics of how it all works.

Seconded. Incorrect advice related to fuses can clearly lead to fire or electrocution.

• Like 12