My Seedstockers Outdoor Grow Comp 2022 Diary

Pepe Ramon

1 hour ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

Hi everyone, it's been a while but nothing much has happened, until now, I have flowers appearing...

large.IMG_4456.jpg

large.IMG_4410.jpg

Golden Lemon Haze #1, she is the biggest of the three.

large.IMG_4457.jpg

Golden Lemon Haze #2, she is pretty much the same as GLH #1 but not as strong and bushy looking.

large.IMG_4458.jpg

Golden Lemon Haze #3 (The different pheno, much narrower leaves and a more open habit)

large.IMG_4459.jpg

#3 is a few days behind the other two.

I'm still watering at the rate of 25 litres every other day but the temps here will be dropping soon and I'm also hoping we'll get some proper rain.

I've not fed them at all, just what is in the bed.  :hippy:

Looking awesome pal really healthy looking girls. Can’t believe your feeding them 25lt each every 2 days that’s some real work. Guess the river is quite close because I’m about 50m from the river and I’m only doing a bucket each because in this heat by the last bucket I could have re filled a bucket with sweat!!

bring on the rain I say.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, e55ex0ldb0y said:

Looking awesome pal really healthy looking girls. Can’t believe your feeding them 25lt each every 2 days that’s some real work. Guess the river is quite close because I’m about 50m from the river and I’m only doing a bucket each because in this heat by the last bucket I could have re filled a bucket with sweat!!

bring on the rain I say.

lol River? I'm on private property dude, I have a hose connected to a tap which draws water from a natural well. lol 

I just fill my can with water from the hose, then walk about 2 yards to my plants, also, if the well runs dry we can switch over to mains water if we need to. After I water, I give them a good going over with the hose as well, just remove any "pests." It's surprising how many moths fly off my plants when I spray them down with the hose. I have noticed a few leaves that have been munched, so I may spray with Bacillus Thuringiensis within the next week or so.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

just fill my can with water from the hose, then walk about 2 yards to my plants, also, if the well runs dry we can switch over to mains water if we need to

Bloody spoilt you are this season buddy lol

Breaking my bolloxs this last 2 months trying to keep my girls alive.. finally the rain has fallen :yinyang:

I've a pack of golden lemon haze so watching with interest.. lovely looking girls them :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Revive said:

Bloody spoilt you are this season buddy lol

Breaking my bolloxs this last 2 months trying to keep my girls alive.. finally the rain has fallen :yinyang:

I've a pack of golden lemon haze so watching with interest.. lovely looking girls them :yep:

I know dude, I think I've found the perfect place for me to grow, luckily the place is owned by my wife's family, so hopefully it'll be a permanent thing. Everything I could possibly want is already on site. 

We had a full on storm yesterday evening and into the night, so I'll be popping up to the plot later today to check for any damage.

Edited by Arbre Medicinal
  • Like 6

On 17/08/2022 at 5:56 PM, Arbre Medicinal said:

lol River? I'm on private property dude, I have a hose connected to a tap which draws water from a natural well. lol 

I just fill my can with water from the hose, then walk about 2 yards to my plants, also, if the well runs dry we can switch over to mains water if we need to. After I water, I give them a good going over with the hose as well, just remove any "pests." It's surprising how many moths fly off my plants when I spray them down with the hose. I have noticed a few leaves that have been munched, so I may spray with Bacillus Thuringiensis within the next week or so.

That’s flash!!!

There is a stone in the garden path that says WELL but I’ve not yet unearthed it. Be too far from my plot anyway tbh.

I’ll stick with the river water with no other options available lol 

• Like 3

On 18/08/2022 at 6:48 AM, Arbre Medicinal said:

I know dude, I think I've found the perfect place for me to grow, luckily the place is owned by my wife's family, so hopefully it'll be a permanent thing. Everything I could possibly want is already on site. 

We had a full on storm yesterday evening and into the night, so I'll be popping up to the plot later today to check for any damage.

Good luck.

• Like 2

On 21/08/2022 at 9:59 PM, e55ex0ldb0y said:

That’s flash!!!

There is a stone in the garden path that says WELL but I’ve not yet unearthed it. Be too far from my plot anyway tbh.

I’ll stick with the river water with no other options available lol 

Nowt wrong with a bit of river water me ol son.. mine are watered from an old brook, bit grubby but the girls are fine :yep:

• Like 1

Hi everyone, unfortunately there has been some damage. Not on Saturday night as I thought but on Sunday night, we're getting a lot of wind in the evenings and at dawn.

I arrived at the plot to discover this...

large.IMG_4498.jpg

One of the hazards of lollipopping and not giving enough support, I'm gonna leave it as it is. Although I may put one of my fabric pots underneath it for support. I've done this with my Rogue 1 plant which kinda has a diary of its own.

GLH#1 also has a split starting in the same place. I really need to sort some supports out, funnily enough I said the same thing to myself this time last year, when the same thing happened.

• Like 3

@Arbre Medicinal   Gutting to see a big old beast of a plant damaged mate.      Can you not bind her  / support her and carry on ?     

I get that theres a risk of further damage manhandling her ,  liking the idea of propping her up and just letting her go :yep: 

The very best of luck with her mate :yep:

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 4

@Arbre Medicinal shit thats not a pretty site.. sorry to see this bro.. like oldford says lift her back up bind and support her she may be ok..

Might be an idea to tape up some of these branch attachments on the other plants to stop anymore going this way.. electrical tape works great and just gives some extra support to deal with the sway of the wind.. Time for you to get some stakes out for these big girls dude :yinyang:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, OldFord said:

@Arbre Medicinal   Gutting to see a big old beast of a plant damaged mate.      Can you not bind her  / support her and carry on ?     

I get that theres a risk of further damage manhandling her ,  liking the idea of propping her up and just letting her go :yep: 

The very best of luck with her mate :yep:

22 hours ago, Revive said:

@Arbre Medicinal shit thats not a pretty site.. sorry to see this bro.. like oldford says lift her back up bind and support her she may be ok..

Might be an idea to tape up some of these branch attachments on the other plants to stop anymore going this way.. electrical tape works great and just gives some extra support to deal with the sway of the wind.. Time for you to get some stakes out for these big girls dude :yinyang:

I've taped up the other GLH that was splitting but tbh, after checking on them again yesterday, the broken one looks fine, I'm not going to try and tie them back up.

I'm happy to let them do their thing.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, B-real said:

Sad news.

Leccy tape and bamboo/sticks for a win

It's all cool. I have enough from last year to make it through another year or two so it's not as bad as it seems.

I have propped the branch up, just to keep it off the ground, but I'm not going to do anything else. 

I am interested to see what each half of the plant will now yield. I have a funny feeling that the broken branch will yield more than the upright branch, it's almost like a mini outdoor scrog.

Edited by Arbre Medicinal
  • Like 2