My Seedstockers Outdoor Grow Comp 2022 Diary

Pepe Ramon

@OldFordcheers dude, and thanks for dropping by.

Thankfully, we haven't had a frost since February, but I'm still experimenting with the climate here. Nighttime temps at the moment are around 13 C, with daytime temps getting close to 25 C.

The main reason I am doing this now, is because of water. Last year in July & August I was giving my plants in the 30 gallon pots, 25 litres of water a day, I don't want to be doing that this year. On the other hand the plants in my no-till bed used far less water, so my photos will go into the no-till bed and I think I'll continue to do autos this way, they seem happy enough. :hippy:

Edited by Arbre Medicinal
  • Like 6

@Arbre Medicinal   Temps of 25 are stuff of dreams for us  lol      10 is a nightmare for you and i would settle for that :)      We dipped to 4 last night and got to 15 yesterday , we should see a few ... better days next week but you never know !  

I can imagine the watering to be a pain in your big pots and the warmer weather ,  at least i dont have that headache to contend with :yep: 

I dropped pot siszes to try combat rot during the latter wet harvesting time by means of smaller pots drying out quicker and holding less water ,  it worked but the knock on effect is roots not getting to spread and nore balling up of the roots which is far from ideal.     The trials and efforts we need to make to get the best out of our girls outdoors :) 

• Like 6

My weekly update, the autos have really come along in the last week, lots of flowers appearing...

large.IMG_3996.jpg

These are the 3 CBD 1:1 Silver Lime Haze

large.IMG_3991.jpglarge.IMG_3995.jpglarge.IMG_3994.jpg

These are the 2 CBD Critical XXL

large.IMG_3993.jpglarge.IMG_3992.jpg

I did give them a quick water yesterday, it hasn't rained at all this week, so I was getting a little anxious, they have not had any fertilisers though.

My photoperiod plants are also ready to plant out, I have 3 Golden Lemon Haze, these lucky ladies will be in the no-till bed for the rest of their lives. Two have grown quite tall, while the third (middle one) is a little stumpier. I've planted the tall ones either side of the stumpy one and I've left about 1.5 metres space between each plant.

large.IMG_3990-2.jpg

large.IMG_3997.jpglarge.IMG_3998.jpglarge.IMG_3999.jpglarge.IMG_4001.jpg

• Like 11

@Arbre Medicinal wanted some of this sunshine here in the UK.. 

Just a quick 1 buddy i see some fairly fresh shit in your bed that hasn't broken down very much.. could be a bit hot for these lil babies at this stage.. keep an eye on them:yep:

Looking good dude.. be lucky :yinyang:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

1.5 meters apart. I hope they meet up and create a rather large cannahedge 

Best for them not to meet up too much as we really want as much air flow as poss for later down the line..I wish I had more space to improve this at my main plot..its deffo a big help when it comes to rot and mould 

• Like 4

Just now, Revive said:

@Revive Cheers dude, I appreciate your concern, I had the same ones, but I did have rogue seedlings coming up out of it earlier in the year, so I figured it would be ok.

It's not actually fresh shit, it's nearly a year old, it just doesn't decompose very quickly due to the climate, it's so dry here. I've had it under a tarp since it was delivered to try and keep some moisture in, I've even watered it a few times, the top inch or so is crusty and hard but it gets wetter and looser near the bottom of the heap. It's not perfect I know, but it's all that's available to me at the moment. It's great at suppressing weeds and it stops the local (unknown) critters burrowing in the bed. Only time will tell, I won't be back at the plot until Saturday/Sunday.  :hippy:

ETA; I had 6 plants in the same bed last year and they competed with each other and went a bit lankey, I think 3 will be much better suited to the space that I have.

• Like 5

Just now, Arbre Medicinal said:

@Revive Cheers dude, I appreciate your concern, I had the same ones, but I did have rogue seedlings coming up out of it earlier in the year, so I figured it would be ok.

It's not actually fresh shit, it's nearly a year old, it just doesn't decompose very quickly due to the climate, it's so dry here. I've had it under a tarp since it was delivered to try and keep some moisture in, I've even watered it a few times, the top inch or so is crusty and hard but it gets wetter and looser near the bottom of the heap. It's not perfect I know, but it's all that's available to me at the moment. It's great at suppressing weeds and it stops the local (unknown) critters burrowing in the bed. Only time will tell, I won't be back at the plot until Saturday/Sunday.  :hippy:

ETA; I had 6 plants in the same bed last year and they competed with each other and went a bit lankey, I think 3 will be much better suited to the space that I have.

Cool brother..  its maybe looks a lil fresher in the pics but fair point bud.. hope it goes well for you. Bit of training and pulling about should sort out that lankyness..will be watching on with excitement :yep:

Be lucky :yinyang:

• Like 4

@Revivethey'll be topped and lollipopped, I don't want the 2 metre giants I had last year, they were too unmanageable, but it was my first crack outdoors, besides, I'm still having nightmares about trimming.  :hippy:

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

@Revive I did not think of that, G :doh:            :D  

I think im still on A fast approaching B just another decade to get out the way lollol

I will never be a G :( im just not worthy. 

A simple dandelions in an allotment kind of guy ;)

• Like 3

Just now, Arbre Medicinal said:

@Revivethey'll be topped and lollipopped, I don't want the 2 metre giants I had last year, they were too unmanageable, but it was my first crack outdoors, besides, I'm still having nightmares about trimming.  :hippy:

Big plants are great for excitment but as you say not so practical to maintain.. topped and lolly popped is a must in my opinion.. its all about doing what works best for you and whats dictated by our surroundings perhaps..

Have a great season buddy :yinyang:

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hola, bon dia.

it's been a few weeks since I updated so...

The Autos are well into flower, I'm a little disappointed by the size of the CBD Critical XXLs, I was hoping going they would go taller, I'm guessing it's due to the lack of light hours but I'm not a regular auto grower so it could be something else. They all smell 'nice' and the buds are frosting. I'm not using any fertilisers on these btw, just what is in the pot.

CBD 1:1 Silver Lime Haze

large.IMG_4079.jpg

large.IMG_4080.jpg

large.IMG_4081.jpg

CBD Critical XXL

large.IMG_4082.jpg

large.IMG_4083.jpg

We had a load of rain on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, as a result my no-till bed was as damp as it could possibly get. So yesterday, I went up and put a straw mulch onto the bed. This bale of straw had been standing at our plot since last year, when I lifted it, there was a whole myriad of critters running around underneath. I used the bottom of the bale first, so all the critters could find a new home in my bed, I then put the rest on top. This is in an effort to help my bed retain some of the moisture, you won't believe how dry shit is out here, nothing rusts or rots. For example, the car in the background is a 2009 Mazda 3, not a spot of rust on it, anywhere, awesome car to drive btw and it has a Bose sound system but I digress...:D

I also topped and popped them for the first time, they seem to be coping ok with the horse manure, which I did have doubts about.

Before topping and mulching.

large.IMG_4085.jpg

Last year I had an irrigation system set up, but it was too fiddly and I got soaked on numerous occasions. This year I've just half buried, 1.5ltr plastic bottles into the bed, I don't want to water directly onto my mulch, as some of the water won't get down to the soil. I figured this way, the water goes directly into the ground where it's needed. 

large.IMG_4091.jpg

After the mulch

large.IMG_4089.jpg

After topping and popping.

large.IMG_4092.jpg

large.IMG_4093.jpg

large.IMG_4094.jpg

Have a great weekend folks.  :hippy:

• Like 8